Story Behind Your Username

There seems to be a big difference between Secular Jews, and non-secular. IME. I don’t get being a Jew and not adhering, but I’m weird like that.

1 Like

not with that attitude

2 Likes

Your name has always intrigued me. Every time I see it I say “oh yea big daddiiii” in a high pitch voice in my head. Every. Single. Time.

1 Like

Maybe I can translate into modern culture:

We’re all still Jews.

3 Likes

The absolute PERFECT analogy.

1 Like

I’d reveal the reason behind my screen name, but I don’t want to spoil the mystique.

4 Likes

You’re more creative than @jshaving :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Your name is " Wolfe Tone" and you are from Cork, Ireland?

3 Likes

I thought he was Brazilian

How did you guess? First name is Theobald, but no one wants to be called that!

3 Likes

Also correct I am also from Brazil, just moved to county cork to start a revolution.

Ok I’ll stop derailing this thread now…

1 Like

Yeah that kind of thing crossed my mind after the fact but i figured id stay commited

Because I’m one of a kind.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t have you any other way, BethieDear

Back when the original Dark Souls videogame was popular, I was incredibly good online, and used a certain weapon called chaos infusion, and always used big ass weapons because they were fun. Some German dude messaged me and called me “chaos hander” after realizing I was the same guy after multiple encounters.

I’m also notoriously a “bull in a china shop” and break fucking everything, and tend to act without much thought for physical repercussions when rushed.

It just kind of stuck for online handles after that message because I thought it sounded cool when I was like 18, and it’s never taken.

2 Likes

What’s the story behind yours? You’re edgy? You like edging?

1 Like

Wow…that’s kinda personal, donchathink?

Who doesn’t like the look of well manicured green spaces?

I used to do the edging around a bunch of flower and landscape beds by hand. Edging away, for hours on end. But when you’re done its great! Nothing pops like a good edging!

4 Likes

Is it really personal when it comes to ME, though?

1 Like

You are so right BethieDear.

Since it’s just you and me in this thread, the story behind my username is…
My first name…Ed, and my last initial, G.
Ed G, Edgy…
And you thought it was some deep meaning…
Vikings aren’t real deep thinkers, ya’know?