Story Behind Your Username

Mine was from an Organic Chemistry experiment I taught one of my first years on the job. I can’t remember exactly what experiment it was, but the Student Lab Manual described a synthesis as being “from antiquity”, and I thought that sounded kinda cool.
My avatar (although not part of the question) is an enso circle from Zen Buddhism. I did a pretty deep dive into that 5-8 years ago, and still try to practice meditation but not at the level I once did (damn modern society makes it hard).

You might be Donald Trump, Jr, though. And that number is your IQ.

3 Likes

This is a really cool thread, I say try and keep the politic stuff to a minimum. Last thing we need is another 1000+ politics post on a weight lifting forum lol

3 Likes

No more from me, I promise. I couldn’t help it with the set up I was given.

1 Like

I like puns. I would like to be funny. So punny guy.

But the side benefit of being Punnyguy on TNation is that more than one poster has thought that I am referring to myself as puny guy LOL. Which relative to some TN posters is also true. Technically not a double entendre, but I’ll take it.

And the avatar is an ode (joke) to greenboy, since banned, who took what looked like a clothing catalogue photo and presented it as “proof” of existence hah.

4 Likes

My name is my nickname in real life.

I’m a 198cm tall guy. I have a beard. I am a bit hirsute. Hair was brownish red now black.

I walked into IDF first day of what-Americans-call basic training, full beard. Handed the lieutenant my religious exemption paperwork that said I could keep my beard.

He sneered, handed my paperwork to the sergeant, who looked at me and said “All right private Jewbacca. Give me 20.”

Been my name ever since and is apparently the nick name of every religious Jewish man who went through the IDF at a certain period, as I’ve met several now.

7 Likes

Is that something the sect you belong to adheres to?

Kolyma Tales is incredibly underrated.

2 Likes

I need to read it sometime

2 Likes

U can easily stop and read it even after a time, Always short novels, winter is the best moment for read this book ^^’

1 Like

Side note… I also toyed with the idea of this.

The_Magilla_Gorilla_Show_TV_Series-498802856-mmed

Since a guy at my work likes calling me that.

4 Likes

I have a feeling bulldog fits your posting tendencies better :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
That thing on the bike doesn’t look like it can take down trolls

2 Likes

Mine is simple:
Undergrad Alma Mater is Iowa State University “The Cyclones”
Profession: Engineer
Could have gone with my graduate Alma Mater “The Bears”
But BearEngineer has very different connotation.

1 Like

My uncles have called me “big spence” since i was a kid and i became a dad about a year and half ago now so i put those two things together

1 Like

Yes. Jewish men are not supposed to shave their beards.

Not really a “sect”. It’s pretty much the whole religion, if you adhere to it.

4 Likes

Magilla Gorilla is actually my nickname in the golf league I’m in because I hit the ball a long way and am a stout 5’9" on a good day.

But my nickname comes from being a whaleshit musician that enjoys playing music in my garage/basement/bedroom. And 13 was the number on my jersey for every sport I played from 5 until 21. Not that I stopped sportsing at 21, we just don’t put numbers on shirts for golf, table tennis, or powerlifting.

2 Likes

Hey how about that were the same height. Hello my fellow short bastard! :grin:

1 Like

Hell yeah, at least our ears don’t pop when we fall down :metal:

1 Like

Sounds like to me it’s up to you to start a new tradition … be the change you want to see

2 Likes

Shaving’s my surname. Been a fun one to have. Lotsa jokes made about what exactly I’m shaving, haha.

Probably not super hard to guess what the “j” is. I’m not a very creative person.

@Jewbacca - I’d assume most, or at least many, in the IDF would be Jewish? Maybe I’m completely wrong though. I’m surprised that the lieutenant didn’t like that.

2 Likes