Story Behind Your Username

everyone calls me Doogie, as in Doogie Howser.

2 Likes

Mine… pretty much because of my love of bulldogs. Plus my actual nickname is Dog which I have had for over 30 years. Which is a long story in itself

2 Likes

Meh.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I enjoyed Far Side as well, but Bloom County wins it for me.

What does your username mean/come from? Always been curious.

It is a play on two things. The first is literal athersclerosis caused by prolonged hypercalcemia. Most of my soft tissue including my arteries suffered calcium deposits from a rare disorder until I got surgey a little over 2 years ago. It’s also a pun on one of my legal given names.

3 Likes

Bailey

My first dog of my own was a Staffordshire bull terrier.

5 Likes

About 10 years ago I was snowboarding with a good friend of mine. I was having a particularly good day on the mountain, and a particularly good day hitting on the gondola attendant. At one point, after a nice run and exchanging some pleasantries with her, we got in the lift and he said “Man, I’m going to call you Mr. Velvet from now on”. The nickname never truly stuck but I’ve used it for all my screen names since.

3 Likes

If the signage wasn’t foreign that would look exactly like all of the mine patch neighborhoods around here.

1 Like

Oh my God, so that’s why philosophy irritates me so much! I never realised lol.

2 Likes

ahh, that explains the colour of your profile pic. Don’t jam the camera right into your skin, makes it seem more orange than it already is!

Also, can’t you afford a better spray tan? It’s not like haircuts are the only thing that you can write off on tax forms :joy: :wink:

1 Like

Almost got snot all over my face when I laughed at this one, thanks

3 Likes

I should probably explain mine while I’m here. It’s just a play on the children’s nursery rhyme that starts with the same words, but I replaced “soldier” with “tanker” since I always had a soft spot for the armour, lol.

1 Like

P.S

My avatar is a tribute to an ex-poster @Professor_X , one of my major influences in life from online, who had a similar one long ago but it was a drawing of a black dude screaming facing the same direction.

People can insult him all they want and he did behave like an ass, but I wouldn’t be where I am today(non-training related) if I hadn’t read his posts on his thought process when it came to life and decision making.

The only reason why I started posting at first was to defend him when he was ganged up against in 2013.

2 Likes

And alliteration!

3 Likes

YES! I guessed it right from the start lol! Woohoo!

I though you were a fan of the book/movie Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Dammit. Good movie, though.

3 Likes

Haha, never seen it actually. It seems to be considered a good movie as you point out though, should probably watch it some time.

1 Like

Opus… rocks!

1 Like