T Nation

Storing Tamoxifen

I’m planning my first cycle in december and wanted to make sure I had everything set before hand so that I didn’t run into any problems. I have ordered Tamoxifen citrate which should arrive within a couple of days, and I was wondering if there is any particular way that it should be stored for the next 2 months, and then once the bottle is opened during the cycle. I have been unable to come across any storing guidlines so any info is appreciated.

thanks

Since you said bottle did you get a liquid based research chem as opposed to a dry powder? You could refrigerate it if you’re really scared about it going bad. 2 months I would not worry about. I actually keep my adex in liquid form at room temp.
Im not the chief authority on ancillaries. I do know peptides live for only a few weeks at room temp but I thought alcohol based anti estrogens could be good for like a year.

yeah its a liquid based research chem.

[quote]saps wrote:
Since you said bottle did you get a liquid based research chem as opposed to a dry powder? You could refrigerate it if you’re really scared about it going bad. 2 months I would not worry about. I actually keep my adex in liquid form at room temp.
Im not the chief authority on ancillaries. I do know peptides live for only a few weeks at room temp but I thought alcohol based anti estrogens could be good for like a year.[/quote]

Hey saps, great to see you here after so long!

I wish I didn’t have to disagree with you on the first post back :wink:

I think storing it in the fridge is NOT a good idea. Honestly, for such drugs in solution, warmer is typically better. Putting it in the fridge, if it is not “strongly” in solution, may cause it to crash, and then you are going to have a whole other set of problems on your hands. Nolva should be good for at least a year at room temperature (probably much longer than that). I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

x2 - you don’t keep tablets in the fridge, so why would you keep that same drug but dissolved in the fridge?

Thanks for the reply. I emailed the research company i ordered it from and this was their response

You can store them at room temperature. They are water based and can last for years. But safely, 1 year.

I suggest keeping it in a dark place, just for good measure.

Mine stays in my safe during cycle, and then in a cubby on my desk while I am using it.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
saps wrote:
Im not the chief authority on ancillaries. I do know peptides live for only a few weeks at room temp but I thought alcohol based anti estrogens could be good for like a year.

Hey saps, great to see you here after so long!

I wish I didn’t have to disagree with you on the first post back :wink:

I think storing it in the fridge is NOT a good idea. Honestly, for such drugs in solution, warmer is typically better. Putting it in the fridge, if it is not “strongly” in solution, may cause it to crash, and then you are going to have a whole other set of problems on your hands. Nolva should be good for at least a year at room temperature (probably much longer than that). I don’t think you have anything to worry about. [/quote]

Yeah I’m back. Lost internet for a few months there LONG story.

Anyway its no biggie like I said I wasnt sure. In living practice personally my adex just sits in my medicine cabinet in the bathroom at room temp. At least I was right about the 1 year lifespan