T Nation

Storing Spike

Does anyone know a good range of temperatures that Spike can be stored at? The room I’m going to be keeping it in, at least for the next few weeks, should be at about 30F-50F.

Thanks.

AD

I put my Spike in the fridge, in my truck, under a window. I don’t think it expresses a temperature. This is the canned version. I would say that’s perfectly fine for the tablets too. Maybe Bill will pop in.

There’s no problem at all storing at room or cool temperature for any of the types of Spike.

However, I’d avoid allowing canned Spike to freeze. It’s not that freezing will damage the ingredients, but it would put a lot of pressure on the can.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
There’s no problem at all storing at room or cool temperature for any of the types of Spike.

However, I’d avoid allowing canned Spike to freeze. It’s not that freezing will damage the ingredients, but it would put a lot of pressure on the can.[/quote]

Spike slushies are the best though… :frowning:

I knew you’d pop in!! Thanks Bill!

I’ve never tried a Spike slushie… I ought to! Thanks for the suggestion! :slight_smile:

I’ll try some experimenting to see what the can will take. It’s possible I was being overcautious.

Thanks for the quick input, guys.

I was referring to the tablets, by the way…just for the record.

For the tablets, no problem at all.

For Spike slushies, the can easily withstood several hours in the freezer, but at the six-and-a-half hour point it had really had to endure a lot and I decided to take it out.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
For the tablets, no problem at all.

For Spike slushies, the can easily withstood several hours in the freezer, but at the six-and-a-half hour point it had really had to endure a lot and I decided to take it out.[/quote]

I’ve only made them by accident, but you’ve got admit an orange gold Spike slushie was tasty :slight_smile: