Stopping TRT Suddenly; Side Effects?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

A pituitary andenoma would be the most likely culprit (I really wish that testicular cancer bit hadn’t been included int he stickey…it is mostly bunk and I’ve never seen anyone on here that this was applicable to, and only a few guys on various testicular cancer boards that I’ve visitied).

Pituitary andenomas are mostly harmless, but can make diagnosing things difficult.[/quote]

I expressed my concerns and said that I thought these levels would be close to zero. He dismissed that notion quite quickly.
I think he would have given me under 2 minutes and taken $130 from me.

Results of the last few years;

11/08/09      26/04/10      07/03/11     24/04/12     01/08/12       Range

S FSH 20.5 H 16.9 H 16 H 27.3 H (1.5-9.7)
S LH 27.2 H 11.2 H 15.6 H 34.2 H (1.8-9.2)
S PRL 159.8 (45-375)
S OESTRADIOL 50 ( <160)
S TESTO 17.8 20.3 24.5 27.4 22.7 (12.0-31.9)
S SHBG 91 H 75 H 66 H 95 H 60H (12-57)
cFreeTesto 172.60L 238.76 L 336.45 268.72 331.38 (260-740)

LH and FSH NEVER went into range, but I’ve been told here, thhat they should be shut down?
I’m taking reandron which is injected every 12 weeks. Would this make a difference?
(on a side note, these tests are taken 1 week before the next injection and should be on the low side of normal)

If your doctor is not at all concerned that your LH is nearly 4x the upper range, with FSH 3x the upper range, then you need a new doctor…that is asinine…

I will say that you have the absolute highest of those values I’ve ever seen on any forum dedicate to these issues.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
If your doctor is not at all concerned that your LH is nearly 4x the upper range, with FSH 3x the upper range, then you need a new doctor…that is asinine…

I will say that you have the absolute highest of those values I’ve ever seen on any forum dedicate to these issues.[/quote]

I’m glad I joined this site, before this I just did what the Dr said.
Any ideas on what could be causing these elevated levels?

Felt like crap the last few weeks- No libido, just want to stay in bed all day.
I was hoping the endo would listen to these concerns (no idea if it has something to do with going off TRT, or just coincidence).

Either a pituitary andenoma or your body’s desire for Spartan-like T levels would be my best guess. But I am not a doctor and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Keep in mind that Testicular Cancer is STILL a (slight) possibility. YOu should definitely perform a self exam. Hell, everyone should be performing self-exams regardless.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
your body’s desire for Spartan-like T levels would be my best guess. [/quote]

What do you mean?

Meaning your body wants your T higher and is sending out the signals to make it happen from the pituitary, but you aren’t geting the response in the testes

I typed my profile up in excel for easier viewing.
Not sure how to attach images when editing posts.

AND THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME TRY AND GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS.
=] =] =]

I’ve been trying to find an answer to this and as far as I can make out;
YOUR BODY WILL NOT PRODUCE FSH AND LH WHILE ON TRT?

Will it?

Not only was mine still making it, but it’s making it in massive doses.

[quote]slice wrote:
I’ve been trying to find an answer to this and as far as I can make out;
YOUR BODY WILL NOT PRODUCE FSH AND LH WHILE ON TRT?

Will it?

Not only was mine still making it, but it’s making it in massive doses.[/quote]

If you’re on TRT and not taking massive doses of a SERM and you’re still producing “massive doses” of LH/FSH that is highly suggestive of completely unregulated pituitary function and I’d want to followup for something like a pituitary adenoma or some other malignancy.

No need for PCT, as the goal of PCT would be to restart LH and FSH.

I am concerned that there may be multiple problems with your pituitary. Do you have data for IGF-1, fT3, fT4, TSH, morning [AM] cortisol? How is your body temperature regulation? Check when you wake and mid afternoon.

The objective of TRT was probably to shutdown your LH/FSH; but your form of TRT is highly suspect.

High LH levels can desensitize the LH receptors, which might explain why T is not higher. And high LH can make E2 levels high from T–>R2 aromatization inside the testes; driven by very high intratesticular testosterone levels. You E2 levels are good, possibly suggesting that the testicular activity has been downgraded from too much LH. Note the the natural action of LH is pulsatile. Constant levels of LH actually shut the LH receptors off.

When were labs done relative to timing of the TRT injections?

[quote]KSman wrote:

When were labs done relative to timing of the TRT injections?[/quote]

The first was taken before commencing TRT.
The final one was taken 12 weeks after my final shot (which was April this year).
the rest were done 1 week before my next injection (week 11 of the 12 week period).

Off to the Dr now. Thanks for helping out all.

Latest results as of today (10th September 2012).
Had a pituitary MRI with the results coming back as normal.

Pituitary and Teste MRIs came up clear.

Back on reandron as of last week.

The last few months have been terrible.

You are secondary, or LH has been high and steady [instead of pulsatile] and that could be expected to reduce DHEA–>T inside the testes. When you get on TRT, you will be shutting down your HPTA. If TRT does not shutdown FSH/LH and you have high normal T levels, your pituitary LH/FSH has gone open loop. That suggests confirms the first sentence. Then you would have a diagnostic insight to the problem. That suggests a problem in the pituitary that the MRI cannot see. In theory, the hypothalamus could be sending a signal to the pituitary and it is doing what it would be expected to do. I have never come across any information about such a thing.

Given what data we have and one of your statements, I think that we can declare that your pituitary production of LH/FSH is open loop and that high-constant LH is the cause of low T. Any normal guy who gets constant high LH will loose T levels. LH must be pulsatile. Possibilities: small pituitary tumour. See the link, such things are rare, but do exist. The MRI suggests that if this is the problem, it is identified at an early stage.

Gonadotroph (FSH-Producing and/or LH-Producing) Adenomas

Gonadotroph adenomas may secrete follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and/or luteinizing hormone (LH), or the alpha or beta subunits that comprise these heterodimers, which, depending on gender, may result in ovarian overstimulation, increased testosterone levels, testicular enlargement, and pituitary insufficiency caused by compression of the pituitary stalk or destruction of normal pituitary tissue by tumor. Many gonadotroph tumors, however, are unassociated with clinical or biochemical evidence of hormone excess and may be considered to be nonfunctioning or endocrine-inactive tumors.[6] Functional, clinically detectable gonadotroph adenomas are rare.[7]

https://www.google.com/search?q=gonadotrophic+adenomas

[quote]KSman wrote:
You are secondary, or LH has been high and steady [instead of pulsatile] and that could be expected to reduce DHEA–>T inside the testes. When you get on TRT, you will be shutting down your HPTA. If TRT does not shutdown FSH/LH and you have high normal T levels, your pituitary LH/FSH has gone open loop. That suggests confirms the first sentence. Then you would have a diagnostic insight to the problem. That suggests a problem in the pituitary that the MRI cannot see. In theory, the hypothalamus could be sending a signal to the pituitary and it is doing what it would be expected to do. I have never come across any information about such a thing.

Given what data we have and one of your statements, I think that we can declare that your pituitary production of LH/FSH is open loop and that high-constant LH is the cause of low T. Any normal guy who gets constant high LH will loose T levels. LH must be pulsatile. Possibilities: small pituitary tumour. See the link, such things are rare, but do exist. The MRI suggests that if this is the problem, it is identified at an early stage.

Gonadotroph (FSH-Producing and/or LH-Producing) Adenomas

Gonadotroph adenomas may secrete follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and/or luteinizing hormone (LH), or the alpha or beta subunits that comprise these heterodimers, which, depending on gender, may result in ovarian overstimulation, increased testosterone levels, testicular enlargement, and pituitary insufficiency caused by compression of the pituitary stalk or destruction of normal pituitary tissue by tumor. Many gonadotroph tumors, however, are unassociated with clinical or biochemical evidence of hormone excess and may be considered to be nonfunctioning or endocrine-inactive tumors.[6] Functional, clinically detectable gonadotroph adenomas are rare.[7]

https://www.google.com/search?q=gonadotrophic+adenomas
[/quote]

Much appreciated bro
=]