Stopping TRT, Help with PCT

For a variety of reasons, the main ones being to avoid possible infertility and to prevent apnea complications, I have decided to stop TRT.

My protocol has been 125mg Sust 1x week, for 6 months.

My last injection was a few weeks ago. I feel fine overall. I have noticed a slight lowering of libido and had 1 or 2 bouts of confusion and indecisiveness which I believe has to do with both low T as well as a med I need to take (Lamictal). But neither of those is worrisome at the moment. I haven’t worked out (I do basically only Muay Thai) since stopping so we’ll see how I feel when I get back to it tomorrow. I don’t lift regularly but plan on starting again.

I’ve researched PCT the last few days and predictably, the more I read the more confused I get. Most information is geared to people coming off gear and the dosages seem far too high.

I’m in Thailand and can get my hands on most things.

Do I need HCG? What dosage?

Do I need Clomid or is Nolva enough ? If I can get it is Toremifene even better?

Do I need any supps? I currently take ZMA, CoQ10, 1 cap fish oil, Glucosamine/MSM and Vit. D. Keep in mind that supps cost more than gear in Thailand! But I have a friend coming from the US in 2 months that can bring me any supps I need.

Per KSMan’s stickies, I will start measuring my temperature 2x a day tomorrow to make sure thyroid is functioning properly.

Regarding blood tests: should I get them now or wait until after starting PCT?

What about a fertility test? Should I get it now or wait a while?

Any help is appreciated

Six months on, no. But, it would not hurt and will speed things up, 250IU, 3x/wk.

Same as above, you can, but do not have to, toremifene is thought to be better.

I do not think so.

Wait three months.

Pretty much up to you, follow-up labs should be enough. Wait three months if you so.

After only six months, you really should be fine, unless there was a pre-existing fertility issue. I know, n=1, one of our children was conceived towards the end of a four month AAS cycle, while I was still on.

2 Likes

When it comes to the temps. I’m told that is not accurate. Don’t waste your time. Al your gonna do is go take a full thyroid panel and start meds anyways… I guess iodine can be supplemented but that’s only if your lacking it. Not for t4/t3.

Just get your thyroid tested to know for sure. If your tsh was over 1.5 Or 2 your for sure gonna need to look.

1 Like

Hello, I am also coming off HRT but my ride was a higher dose and lasted longer than yours so my rebound situation is a bit different.

I can tell you from younger days and dabbling with cycles, that your cycle would be considered low enough dose, that you’ll probably get back to normal levels fairly quickly.

I have used HCG successfully in the past and I did 2 weeks of EOD injections - balls blew back up, swimmers came back to normal, and I felt good. I won’t pretend to know how much you should take, so check around at doses and apply what you already know about your usage, metabolism, history etc. And give it an educated application.

I personally refuse to use Chlomid any longer. I used to use it in my 20’s and it did work “ok” but have tried it over the years and it just makes me feel purely miserable, way worse than just pushing through post cycle blues.

Eat clean and hit the HCG, you should be back to normal in no time - You’re in Thailand so get out in the sun for your Vit D .

2 Likes

Thanks highpull. Some followups:

Six months on, no. But, it would not hurt and will speed things up, 250IU, 3x/wk.–> For how long?

you can, but do not have to, toremifene is thought to be better. → What should I base it on? How I feel or some other criteria?

After only six months, you really should be fine, unless there was a pre-existing fertility issue. I know, n=1, one of our children was conceived towards the end of a four month AAS cycle, while I was still on → Good to know and congratulations.

enackers- I’ll do it anyway, I respect KSMan’s opinion and it can’t hurt.

I’ve already bought seaweed snacks for the iodine and will make it a habit to eat them for a few months.

I’ll get the thyroid tested in 3 months when I get all of my blood work done.
Thanks

Ok sure but you must realize you can take too much iodine. It’s not good for you.

schluck[quote=“schluck_specht, post:4, topic:254235”]
that your cycle would be considered low enough dose, that you’ll probably get back to normal levels fairly quickly.
[/quote]

Yeah that’s what I’m hoping and is the reason why I went with low dosage to begin with.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I definitely will stay away from Clomid.

Yes of course. I doubt a few seaweed snacks a day will pose a problem, especially since I don’t use iodized salt.

1 Like

Got it

If it were my call, I’d say stay away from Clomid. However to be fair here, many of my friends have run clomid with zero problems.

You can go online and read about others who felt terrible, some even suicidal on clomid. However in people that I have personally known, most of my pals over the years have been “A-OK” on clomid. Some swear by it. I’d say out of 10 friends / meatheads / gym rats or athletes, including myself maybe 4 have hated it, 4 had some sides but nothing severe and 2 would have just loved it and sworn by it.

It really depends on the person and I don’t want to scare you from it, as it IS very effective, but for sure go light on it. I would recommend NOT grabbing a 50mg dose your first time as some suggest on forums. And if you feel nothing you can up it. If you feel shitty, then obvious choice to stop.

2 Likes

If you ever do consider TRT again, sleep apnea and infertility are treatable conditions while on TRT.

HCG together with FSH injections increases sperm production.

2 Likes

I’d get one vial, 5000IU, it will last a little over six weeks.

As for the decision regarding which, individuals vary, but anecdotally, toremifene gets better results with fewer side effects. I’m sure some used whatever they could obtain. I don’t think you need it.

1 Like

Yes but I’ve decided I don’t want to risk worsening the apnea or my natural fertility. I didn’t want to make my original post confusing but there’s more to my history with TRT than just these last 6 months.