Stopping TRT After 7 Months. Help with Plan?

@dixiewrecked @Madagascarspirit @swoops39

I just got my lab results for testosteron:

testosterone
11.2 nmol/l Reference 8.64 - 29.00

What does this mean ?

Could you please confirm your HCG dosing schedule

Was the blood taken in the morning?
How often do you mix your HCG?
What age are you?

You’re taking HCG right? No breaks before the blood test? If so it would suggest a low response

@swoops39

I mixed the last HCG bottle about 1 month ago

I used HCG the last 2 months during TRT @ 350iu EOD.

I stopped Test and continue HCG only for 2.5 week 350iu EOD and then 2 weeks increased it to 500iu EOD (so 4.5 weeks hcg only total)

I could maybe sometime missed a dose and had 1 more day between

last 2 doses before bloodwork there was also 1 extra day between dose because it was the last bottle and 400iu

Bloodwork was done in the morning

These were my results for HCG only for 4 weeks.

I was mixing a new bottle every week 2000 IU per bottle. It seems HCG becomes less potent after a while. I used to mix it monthly but noticed it didn’t work as well hence the switch. I was also taking 300IU daily and only went to 500IU in the last week.

I don’t think you were taking enough HCG and that it had also lost some of its potency. The missed dose at the end would have affected your results too.

The test levels are low but i think you are committed to this now and can move to a SERM.

Ok thanks for advice

So I have nolvadex aswell as Clomid here.

Would u recommend starting nolvadex at like 20mg ED or is 10mg ED enough ?

Could it have any benefits to take a low dose Clomid together at the same time ?

There’s mixed opinions on this. The body building community have typically used Nolvadex for 4 weeks with a dosing schedule of 40/40/20/20. This seems to be effective for many. That’s what I chose to do as I wanted to feel as though I had gave a restart my best shot and not under-dosed. I’ve added a further 2 weeks of Nolvadex tapering down as I’m keen to avoid e2 rebound.

I don’t think you need to clomid personally.

What I would say is continue taking HCG for another week after you start Nolvadex so it’s already started working when you come off. My hormones dipped in week two and it wasn’t great. Numb dick etc. Low e2 is horrible. I recovered in week 3 so it only lasted a week which wasn’t too bad. I feel I could have reduced this crash by starting SERM before coming off HCG as it’s been shown that LH and FSH increase even while on TRT with SERMs.

1,000 iu HCG weekly. Can split doses

Just a update,

I am following yours advice and also @dixiewrecked for the detailed plan he wrote.

I am now a little over 2 weeks completely without hcg and on 20mg nolvadex and 12.5mg clomid

I don’t feel any real differences yet between when on Testosteron + HCG , only HCG and now.

Maybe it will still come.

In about 6 days I will do the bloodwork like @dixiewrecked told me ,

1 Like

Sounds positive. Stick with, get the blood work and take it from there. Good luck

Awesome man. @cmx I am eager to hear how it turns out. Hoping the best for you.

@Madagascarspirit @dixiewrecked

I was some time away so it is some time ago but this are the lab results after a little over 4 weeks pct (was harder to make lab test appointment due to corona)

LH 4.4 IU/L (reference 1.7 - 8.6)
FSH 3.4 IU/L (reference 1.5 - 12.4)
testosteron 26.7 nmol/l (reference 8.64 - 29)

What can you say about these results ?

Did you get e2 and SHBG? Those 3 numbers are good but only tell part of the tale.

How do you feel?

Right after your SERM? Could be the meds still in your system and propping your numbers up. You’d want to get labs a few weeks after stopping them

Good job on the bloodwork. No. Need to test SHBG or e2 because the serm will throw those off. You just wanted to see if your brain and balls are working which it appears they are.

Swoops and Madagascar are right
 Next step is bloodwork a few weeks after stopping the serm. A more comprehensive panel. I think I’d continue the serm a couple more weeks to try to get your FSH and LH a little higher before stopping.