T Nation

Stopping a Supplement?

Stupid but important question. Im a 6’3 218 pound weightlifter. I have a 16% bodyfat and had hit a plateau at the gym. My friend suggested i try Tribestan to help ovecome my plateau. I did so and after 8 days saw good gains. However being a 19 yr old i drank a bunch and now am worried im hurting my kidneys. Is it bad to stop a cycle of somethng after 8 days could this have an negative effects. Thanks for any help

From my understanding, tribulus is non-toxic.

If anything, you’ll probably benefit from Tribulus more after drinking due to alcohol’s effects.

What you’re taking is just a blend of natural, legal ingredients meant to increase your body’s own natural levels of testosterone production. You certainly won’t have any ill effects if you stop taking it.

However, I do recommened reading up and learning about what you put into your body, before you do so.

Does anyone know where to find info on this subject. Also being a begginer i was wondering if i stopped taking the supplement and read more if anyone could recommend ways which i could add muscle using this supplement and any other tips to maximmize my muscle and strength gains

Thanks for the replies very helpful so far

[quote]Allanfer wrote:
Does anyone know where to find info on this subject. Also being a begginer i was wondering if i stopped taking the supplement and read more if anyone could recommend ways which i could add muscle using this supplement and any other tips to maximmize my muscle and strength gains

Thanks for the replies very helpful so far[/quote]

Honestly, how do we even know that you’re eating enough to make consitent gains? Unless you’re getting adequate food, a supplement will do very little.

Lift heavy weights and eat like food is going out of style. But if you’ve read ANY thread on this forum, you probably know that already.

Tribulus helps your body’s own natural production of testosterone. I’ve had some good success with it, but your mileage may vary. You’re still kinda young to need any test boosting supps, so stick to the basics: Multi Vitamin, Fish Oil, protein. Creatine also would be one that you could try, as it’s very proven and safe supplement.

Whatever you decide to take, don’t be a tool about it, do your homework on it. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but there are many noobs out there that would drink drano if someone told them it would make them get hyoooge.