Stopped TRT Last Month, Anxiety/Heart Rate Issues

No exercise yesterday. Just normal going about the day and grocery shopping. Now the one irregularity is that Saturday lunch was mine and my wife’s “cheat meal”. I suspect that the 121 reading (about 3-4 hours later) was effected in some part by that meal.

I felt fine btw. Maybe a little elevation in BP but nothing crazy. Around 138/70.

I had no symptoms I spent 240 bucks on a complete thyroid panel and it came back jacked up. My PCP said to check my ferritin because low ferritin can mess up some thyroid blood test.
So I paid for yet another blood test for ferritin and mine was 14 labcorp range 30-400. So the PCP said my thyroid test was useless.

So the asshat that suggested donating blood so often over dropping dose to control HCT cost me two blood tests and 8 months. I guess you can tell if I ever meet this ashole in person he’ll regret it.

1 Like

When I ride my bike at endurance pace I stay at 140-160 for several hours. I can talk without losing my breathe and most feel there not working hard: this makes me think 120 is probably not very obvious when it raises to that level.

That’s fd up. Doctors are use to insurance clients. Bill it and get everytest done that you can: when they meet self pay clients they do not have the courtesy to think “maybe I’m being a dick and charging money for nothing”.

Ya I hear ya my last doctor was a female so not much I can do about that. The two times my ferritin has gotten to 20 I was put in hospital. Was your iron level normal but ferritin low?

I never tested my iron. So I don’t know. The pcp only suggested ferritin.
I’m still learning. Do you think iron might be worth checking. My ferritin right now is 45 so I have to be careful on my T dose since I can’t donate.

How long did it take to get to 45? Did you have your ferritin and iron checked prior to all these blood draws? My ferritin was low but iron was 115. It might not be bad checking your iron. If you been taking supplements and your iron is low its gonna be hard improving your ferritin. What supplements are you taking? I’m not a doctor but if it was me id like to know if my iron is improving.

My 45 is a current measurement. My journey to 14 was over 2 years ago. Neither my PCP or Defy tested my iron or ferritin pre TRT so I don not know if they were low. I had no symptoms of low iron.
My PCP using T mono got my >200TT up to 650 but my E2 and prolactin were over range. My nipples were sore swollen and leaking water. It was suggested to me to donate blood to get my E2 down. I did 5 donations over 1 year. Basicly every 56 day when the blood bank would call. Even the blood bank did not warn me of dangers frequent blood letting had.

It took me about 8 month to go from 14 to 110. I did not testing ferritin each month or anything like that just when my Defy blood tests were required I would add ferritin. So the 110 may have been there awhile.

I have donated blood once this year do to HCT being 52.7 and ferritin was 101 so on donation for me cut my ferritin in half. Now I have to drop my dose below optimal it is all that is left nothing else thins your blood.

Dam sorry for the book.

Aren’t you at a higher elevation? Or is that someone else.

yes I live a 8000ft western slope Colorado. My base HCT is 49

Thats wild one blood donation did that. However, being that it lowered tour ferritin in half it makes me wonder if you are already low in iron. If you were already low in iron then that means your ferritin would go down Pretty quick from a blood donation at least I would think it would take your iron stores. Do you still take iron regularly?

That’s weird I read most can get up to 53 or 54 in higher altitudes. Maybe with normal T levels 52 is ok: I’m sure you thought of that.

This happened to me when I quit TRT cold-turkey. My heart raced all day long and my anxiety became crippling. Mine wasn’t mentally sourced, it was coming from my body releasing adrenaline all the time which messed up my life completely. I got back on TRT in October and it helped the anxiety after a few months of tweaking my dose. The good news is Dr. Saya has been treating people, I believe, for over 20 years.

1 Like

Damn 20 years!!

That’s probably what I’m going through, how long were you on treatment before stopping? And how long were you off treatment? And you seen no improvement with heart rate or anxiety during your off period?

You have convinced me Justin I’m adding iron to my next bloods in late Feb. thanks

The problem @enackers is my doc says no T scrip if you go over 52. So what I think or feel is a moot point. I am stuck and have to play his game.

Well f. Why don’t you just choose a better more lenient one like mine. They are legit down to earth and T users themselves. My emails in my profile I’m more than happy to send u their info.

@enackers thank you for the offer. That was very generous.
I really like my doc and I do have blood pressure issues if my HCT goes over 53% so I kind of have to play their game. It is for my better health. For what I have learn over the last 4 years is I do quite well on 80-100mg/wk when crusing and twice a year a can do a 300-500/wk blast with no issues. The low dose TRT seems to allow me to hold my gains but i can’t really say I grow much while crusing and I am OK with that. Hell I am old as dirt and can’t believe I can still really do this.

1 Like

Hehe yah at your age this is an excellent goal. Jsut be healthy and retain some fitness so you can keep kicking.

I’m 40 and I noticed my shirts didn’t fit me anymore and I was growing muscle after just a couple of weeks. It’s wild. I also am holding onto muscle after not going to the gym very often for a couple weeks either which is new to me. I’m on a medium dose 140.

Can’t wait for some serious energy to kick in and go for some long rides… race seasons right around the corner and I haven’t done any base mile weeks :confused: