T Nation

Stopped Shot Put. Time for Bodybuilding

hi guys. i desided to stop shot put mainly to lose some weight an have a better body. im 16 and 240 lbs with some fat. i was doing until now 1.5 year of shot put. i decided to stop because of a rejection of a girl :P. and to have a fitness body

my lifts are:
squat 140 kg x2
deadlift 170 kg x1
bench 80 kg x1

i decided to go on with ronnies routine that is a 6 day

Monday

Back
Deadlifts, 4 sets â?? 6-12 reps
Barbell rows, 3 sets â?? 10-12 reps
One-arm dumbbell rows, 3 sets 10-12 reps
lat pulldowns 3x10

Shoulders
Military presses, 4 sets â?? 5-12 reps
side shoulder raise 3x10

Tuesday

Legs
Squats, 5-6 sets â?? 2-12 reps
Leg presses, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
Stiff-leg deadlifts, 3 sets â?? 12 reps
Seated hamstring curls, 3 sets â?? 12 reps
calves 3x12
Wednesday

Chest
Bench press, 5 sets â?? 3-12 reps
Incline barbell press, 3 sets â?? 5-12 reps
Flat bench dumbbell press, 3 sets â?? 12 reps
Flat bench flyes, 4 sets â?? 12 reps

Triceps
skullcrushers 3x10
french pressess, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
Close-grip bench press, 4 sets â?? 12 reps

Thursday

Back Barbell rows, 5 sets â?? 10 â?? 12 reps

Lat machine pulldowns, 3 sets â?? 10 â?? 12 reps
Front lat pulldowns, 3 sets â?? 10 â?? 12 reps

Biceps

Machine curls, 3 sets â?? 12 reps
(superset with)
Standing cable curls, 4 sets â?? 12 reps

Shoulders
Seated dumbbell press, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
Front lateral dumbbell raises, 3 sets â?? 8 â?? 25 reps
side lateral raises 3x10

Friday

Legs
Leg extensions, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
leg press 5x12 reps
Standing leg curls, 3 sets â?? 12 â?? 15 reps
Lying leg curls, 4 sets â?? 12 reps

Saturday

Chest
Incline dumbbell press, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
crossover 3x12
Incline dumbbell flyes, 3 sets â?? 12 reps
Decline dumbbell press, 3 sets â?? 12 reps

Triceps
Skullcrushers, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
(superset with)
Machine pressdown dips, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
(superset with)
Seated tricep extensions, 4 sets â?? 12 reps

i recover fast.

How’s your diet?

You will need to get that in check along with your lifting in order to get the body you want. It’s better to start working on that sooner than later. Without knowing much information, I’m going to venture a guess that you’ll want to get down to around 200 in order to have the body you want.

The second thing is that starting to lift because of a girl, or girls, is a good motivator when you start out. However, it’s probably not going to keep you motivated 3 months from now, 6 months from now, etc. You will want to find a way to enjoy the lifestyle and the benefits it gives you.

The routine you posted sounds fine (to me), as long as you’re lifting with intensity for every single rep.

Welcome.

“i recover fast.” lol you using that gerd dem test e stuff all them kids are using now a days ?

[quote]nitri796 wrote:
hi guys. i desided to stop shot put mainly to lose some weight an have a better body. im 16 and 240 lbs with some fat. i was doing until now 1.5 year of shot put. i decided to stop because of a rejection of a girl :P. and to have a fitness body

my lifts are:
squat 140 kg x2
deadlift 170 kg x1
bench 80 kg x1

i decided to go on with ronnies routine that is a 6 day

Monday

Back
Deadlifts, 4 sets â?? 6-12 reps
Barbell rows, 3 sets â?? 10-12 reps
One-arm dumbbell rows, 3 sets 10-12 reps
lat pulldowns 3x10

Shoulders
Military presses, 4 sets â?? 5-12 reps
side shoulder raise 3x10

Tuesday

Legs
Squats, 5-6 sets â?? 2-12 reps
Leg presses, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
Stiff-leg deadlifts, 3 sets â?? 12 reps
Seated hamstring curls, 3 sets â?? 12 reps
calves 3x12
Wednesday

Chest
Bench press, 5 sets â?? 3-12 reps
Incline barbell press, 3 sets â?? 5-12 reps
Flat bench dumbbell press, 3 sets â?? 12 reps
Flat bench flyes, 4 sets â?? 12 reps

Triceps
skullcrushers 3x10
french pressess, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
Close-grip bench press, 4 sets â?? 12 reps

Thursday

Back Barbell rows, 5 sets â?? 10 â?? 12 reps

Lat machine pulldowns, 3 sets â?? 10 â?? 12 reps
Front lat pulldowns, 3 sets â?? 10 â?? 12 reps

Biceps

Machine curls, 3 sets â?? 12 reps
(superset with)
Standing cable curls, 4 sets â?? 12 reps

Shoulders
Seated dumbbell press, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
Front lateral dumbbell raises, 3 sets â?? 8 â?? 25 reps
side lateral raises 3x10

Friday

Legs
Leg extensions, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
leg press 5x12 reps
Standing leg curls, 3 sets â?? 12 â?? 15 reps
Lying leg curls, 4 sets â?? 12 reps

Saturday

Chest
Incline dumbbell press, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
crossover 3x12
Incline dumbbell flyes, 3 sets â?? 12 reps
Decline dumbbell press, 3 sets â?? 12 reps

Triceps
Skullcrushers, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
(superset with)
Machine pressdown dips, 4 sets â?? 12 reps
(superset with)
Seated tricep extensions, 4 sets â?? 12 reps

i recover fast.[/quote]
You know that Ronnie Coleman has far superior recovery abilities than you from genetics, building up to it, and steroid use, right?

If you want a 4 day, 5 day, or 6 day routine, there’s a good thread in the BB subforum:

4 day: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_this_routine_instead_of_that_dumb_one#4405164
5 day: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_this_routine_instead_of_that_dumb_one#4404649
6 day: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_this_routine_instead_of_that_dumb_one#4408586

[quote]nitri796 wrote:
i was doing until now 1.5 year of shot put. i decided to stop because of a rejection of a girl :P.[/quote]
Welcome to the first in a long line of life lessons. Every woman is some kind of crazy, and the right ones are worth it, but no pair of boobs is worth giving up something you enjoy. Make the best of it now.

But dude, just two days ago you had a thread talking about some Westside Barbell kind of powerlifting program. Decide exactly what your goal is, figure out one plan, and stick with it for a few months without changing things much.

This is like buying a Ferrari the day after you get your driver’s license. There’s no need for you to be trying to follow a gigantic six day a week training program like that.

At your age and experience, you can see good results lifting 3 or 4 days a week ( http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/starting_a_boy_off_right and then… http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_11_body_part_split ), doing some kind of cardio 2-3 days a week ( http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/rebuild_yourself_with_complexes ), and paying a little attention to what you eat (but I’m not saying to diet like a bodybuilder).

This is a great article about defining your goals:

Remember that you’re in this for the long haul and you’ve got years and years of training ahead of you. Taking the time to lay a solid foundation will set you up for good things down the line.

[quote]nitri796 wrote:
i decided to stop because of a rejection of a girl…[/quote]
“No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere is sick and tired putting up with her sh*t.”

Remember that and it will serve you well.

Also, the routine you put on here is ridiculous for a beginner. Get on a proven program for a beginner and after you do that for a year or so you can decide how well you “recover.”

you guys are absolutely right. i know ronnie is on steroids. i want to make a good body with good lifts. If it was for a girl only to stay motivated then i would be a loser. that girl is just anotherreason from the many i have to stay motivated. thanks gyus for helping and advice. not worth for a girl. just for myself

Find a realistic goal, like adding 100 pounds to your powerlifting total in three months. Add a certain amount of lean mass by whatever, or add X amount of inches to your legs just find something that you care about and set the goal. Then do a proven program or preferably a method of training that fits your goals,(conjugate in my example) and stick to it for the majority of the year.

Like other posters have said; bitches be crazy.

Be your own man, and the bitches will flow.

But remember, bitches be crazy.

Uncle Bird.

tweet

do a more basic program first