“I will stop the motor of the world.”
— John Galt in Atlas Shrugged
The time has come to put an end to this, once and for all.
(1) Take your money out of banks, and put it in credit unions. Don’t let one penny of your efforts support the large financial criminals out to rob you, to pay for their greed and looting.
(2) Put some of your savings in gold coins, in a safety deposit box at your credit union. This will further remove your money from the ‘system’. It doesn’t earn interest? You don’t want it to. Don’t try to make money with a parasite on your back. Don’t feed the system.
(3) Buy gold mining shares for your 401-k. Do NOT invest capital so that it would help this system.
(4) Earn as little as possible to get by. Don’t produce an extra penny’s worth of wealth that can be looted.
The next American Revolution CAN be won: “It is real, it is possible, its yours.” — Ayn Rand
A few questions and comments:
(1) If the currency becomes worthless, what good will it do you to have it in a credit union rather than a bank? And if it doesn’t, what’s to prevent the owners of the credit union from absconding with your cash?
(2) Gold is good. Silver is good for all the same reasons, and is currently cheap in relation to gold. Diversify! But again, what makes a safety deposit box at a credit union any safer from the powers of government confiscation than one at a bank?
Plus, look at it this way: if I were an armed thug during an economic crisis, I’d hang around banks and credit unions and watch for people coming out with heavy-looking bags, then follow them home and help myself. No, if you can’t touch your gold, you don’t own it.
I’d further suggest diversifying the gold and silver coins a bit with ammunition, toilet paper, chocolate, whisky, cigarettes and condoms. An investment in a Katadyn water purifier and portable generator would be money well spent as well.
(3) In a total economic collapse, would those gold mining shares be redeemable? And even if they were, why bother putting them into a 401k, where your ownership of them will be known to the government? Why not just buy and hold them through an offshore trust?
(4) Hmmmm. Seems I recall a conversation along these lines somewhere before. Where could it have been? (Shrugs). http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/income_tax_not_required_not_constitutional?id=1735128&pageNo=2
As always, I am your student.
These are all excellent suggestions. My ideas were meant more for those who are a little more mainstream — I suppose few here would know anything at all about a Manx trust or something similar.
The 401-k or similar DOES have the risk that, like in Argentina, the government simply confiscates your account and substitutes some miserable gov’t pension.
My assumption also is that the collapse will not be total, that some individuals will arise at the nadir and restore some semblance of a government. If it is total, we’d probably lose the contents of the box and the mining shares.
I would happily vote for you, btw.