Stop Bullying

/watch?v=KA3a2QZ1fu8&feature=youtu.be

Video for an assignment me and my friends made. What do you guys think?

It’s not coming through, XArena.

But let me warn you…

Bullying most likely fits under the classification of “The Liberal Wussification of America”.
(And probably is a “made up” problem by President Obama and The First Lady).

So this is probably the WORST Forum you could post it on.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

But let me warn you…

Bullying most likely fits under the classification of “The Liberal Wussification of America”.

Mufasa[/quote]

HAHA!

Here is my take on bullying, without seeing the video.

With things like the various social media platforms and America’s love of celebrity, kids just don’t have enough of a filter to protect themselves like “we” did when we were kids. Our bullying was pretty much confined to the school yard and local parks. Now adays kids can be tormented on facebook 24/7 and that anxiety hangs 24/7.

We could go home and escape it, they come hom to tweets, posts, likes and any other form of crazy.

Whether it is brough on through tehir own actions or not, the bullying is intense, as all bullying is, but it is constant and that is hard to deal with.

A couple cases went way too far and tragic things happened. The typical emotional responce of the populous is: over react.

So, is bullying a problem? Sure
Is it worse now than 30 years ago? Sure
Does some stuff get blown way out of proportion? Yeah
Is it cool that my son has 7 weeks of health class on bullying and 2 weeks on the constitution? No.

CB:

Unless your child is in a Private and/or Religious school…or is Home Schooled…the Constitution is a Volatile mindfield to try and “teach”.

One just needs to read this Forum for a DAY…and they will know that this is a true statement.

Even in the “Good Old Days” of America; “teaching” of the Constitution was confined to memorizing the Preamble; gaining a basic understanding of what it was composed of; and maybe some points here and there…but that’s about it.

Very “School-House-Rock-ish…”

Making interpretations of the Constitution and teaching its “true”, deeper meanings…at least for younger kids…should probably be reserved for parents.

Mufasa

I was for a long time of the opinion that bullying was just part of growing up and a sinful world would always have some. I have changed my mind. It is one million times worse than when I was in school 35 years ago. It has gone from knockin somebody around or ostracizing and denigrating them to utterly sick and sadistic mental, emotional and physical torture.

Like this Murder trial set for 'school bully who doused teen in flammable liquid, set him on fire and left him to burn alive' | Daily Mail Online and this Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos My church now has an anti bullying educational campaign going. Forgetting about the legal ramifications, these two cases just tore my heart out. The night after I heard about Megan I literally couldn’t sleep.

To convince a young girl like that that you’re a boy who likes her, which must have been just the most thrilling thing in the world for her, only to set her up and pretending to be that boy tell her that the world would be better off without her? Even now I can’t even hardly think about how destroyed and devastated she must have felt.

And setting this kid on fire and laughing at him while he flails around in panic and pain? I wanted to get on an airplane, fly down there and hug that boy so bad. And go to that jail and tell his attackers about how the love of Jesus would break their hard hearts and bring them forgiveness. This is not your Daddy’s bullying anymore. There are plenty of other cases and they need not even be so overtly barbaric to still be horrifically hurtful.

Youtube videos don’t always remotely embed right. Try this: http://gregnmary.gotdns.com/joomla/index.php/stop-the-bullying

My son is in kindergarten. He came home from school a few months ago upset because one of the older boys pushed him down on the playground (his birthday is in Sept, so he is the youngest child in the school). I told him that the next time it happened to punch the boy who pushed him down in the nose as hard as he could. We practiced it a few times.

Sure enough, the next day the kid pushed him down and my son punched him in the nose. That was the last time anyone pushed him around. Never heard anything from any of the teachers, so I assume no one saw it. If I HAD, I would have gone to his school and advocated for his right to defend himself.

Many of you will disagree with me and my actions. I accept that. But humans have not fundamentally changed in the last thirty years and bullies will ALWAYS seek out WEAK victims. If a child demonstrates that he will not just take it and turn the other cheek, the bully will move on to an easier target. Talk all the PC bullshit you want to, but these are the facts.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

But let me warn you…

Mufasa[/quote]

Well then tell me oh wise (middle of the road certainly not a liberal) one why is it that 25 years ago “bullying” was not a problem? Yet, 25 years ago there were as many, if not more bully’s than there are today.

I know the answer to the question but I am certain that you DO NOT.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
My son is in kindergarten. He came home from school a few months ago upset because one of the older boys pushed him down on the playground (his birthday is in Sept, so he is the youngest child in the school). I told him that the next time it happened to punch the boy who pushed him down in the nose as hard as he could. We practiced it a few times.

Sure enough, the next day the kid pushed him down and my son punched him in the nose. That was the last time anyone pushed him around. Never heard anything from any of the teachers, so I assume no one saw it. If I HAD, I would have gone to his school and advocated for his right to defend himself.

Many of you will disagree with me and my actions. I accept that. But humans have not fundamentally changed in the last thirty years and bullies will ALWAYS seek out WEAK victims. If a child demonstrates that he will not just take it and turn the other cheek, the bully will move on to an easier target. Talk all the PC bullshit you want to, but these are the facts.[/quote]

You’re talking about normal, every day “bullying” that produces healthly well adjusted adults.

I think the problem is with the mental torture that goes well and above a boyhood fist fight, you know what I mean?

The worst is, your kid’s situation needs to be addressed by teachers saying “now, now, don’t hit little johnny, and little johnny, don’t hit little timmy.” But because of the awful things that have happened above and beyond “normal” bullying, the wrong teacher catches your kid standing up for himself and you’ll all be in court and he’ll ne forced to see a shrink by the state.

If the schools are not going to intervene, then the kids getting picked on should get a green light to knock them out.

The schools don’t want to get involved, I say fuck and let Darwinism take place.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Many of you will disagree with me and my actions. I accept that. But humans have not fundamentally changed in the last thirty years and bullies will ALWAYS seek out WEAK victims. If a child demonstrates that he will not just take it and turn the other cheek, the bully will move on to an easier target. Talk all the PC bullshit you want to, but these are the facts.[/quote]

You’re talking about normal, every day “bullying” that produces healthly well adjusted adults.

I think the problem is with the mental torture that goes well and above a boyhood fist fight, you know what I mean?

The worst is, your kid’s situation needs to be addressed by teachers saying “now, now, don’t hit little johnny, and little johnny, don’t hit little timmy.” But because of the awful things that have happened above and beyond “normal” bullying, the wrong teacher catches your kid standing up for himself and you’ll all be in court and he’ll ne forced to see a shrink by the state.[/quote]

This. I’d be happy to tell my son to sock some little bastard who pushed him to the ground.

What’s scarier is the 24/7 torture that these kids can administer with their twitter accounts. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to keep kids off of social media until 10th or 11th grade.

I totally agree :slight_smile: I would tell him also to not stop until the bully submits

[quote]XArena wrote:
/watch?v=KA3a2QZ1fu8&feature=youtu.be

Video for an assignment me and my friends made. What do you guys think? [/quote]

nice video , Thanks Tribulus :slight_smile:

If more parents actually took the time to help their kids, like you have, Bullying would not be the issue that it is. But “Parenting 101” for a kid today is to let Facebook and Call of Duty do the raising. You’ve got to actually know your kid is being bullied in order to help. That’s hard when the majority of the parents I know (and my guess is it is representative of most parents) spend about 20 minutes “with” their kids i.e. watching T.V. with them before they go to bed.

My $0.02 anyway.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

If more parents actually took the time to help their kids, like you have, Bullying would not be the issue that it is. But “Parenting 101” for a kid today is to let Facebook and Call of Duty do the raising. You’ve got to actually know your kid is being bullied in order to help. That’s hard when the majority of the parents I know (and my guess is it is representative of most parents) spend about 20 minutes “with” their kids i.e. watching T.V. with them before they go to bed.

My $0.02 anyway.
[/quote]

One of the hardest parts of being a parent is figuring out when to be up your kids ass, and when to give them time and space to work out things on their own.

Giving them the chance to function independant, particularly once they are older is valuable to them and for them.

Years of building trust, consistant communication and values help with this.

You are not going to be able to solve all your child’s problems for them. This isn’t to say an 8 year old should be left alone. What I’m saying is as they age, you have to let go a little bit more every day, and let thme know they can come to you when they need, but they can also start to choose their own path.

When they are young, you stop them from falling in the mud puddle. When they are older you are there to help them clean off after they fall in the mud puddle.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

My $0.02 anyway.
[/quote]

One of the hardest parts of being a parent is figuring out when to be up your kids ass, and when to give them time and space to work out things on their own.

Giving them the chance to function independant, particularly once they are older is valuable to them and for them.

You are not going to be able to solve all your child’s problems for them. This isn’t to say an 8 year old should be left alone. What I’m saying is as they age, you have to let go a little bit more every day, and let thme know they can come to you when they need, but they can also start to choose their own path.

When they are young, you stop them from falling in the mud puddle. When they are older you are there to help them clean off after they fall in the mud puddle. [/quote]

As well…I think you said you have a daughter…I have a daughter and son and I think the bullying from boy to boy is more physical and less traumatizing kinda like what AngryChicken was talking about. Some of the girls in my daughters seventh grade class are so casually cruel.

I have to watch her to make certain she isn’t joining in with being mean to some of the kids in the out group. Her elementary school was in a super nice area and the middle school has that area and the surrounding which is nice but more real and even younger girls are vicious as hell about what clothes someone is wearing or someone that isn’t pretty or heavy.

Its a weird line though people can make someone feel fucking terrible they don’t have the latest 400 dollar boots and thats ok but some poor dumbass draws a picture of a gun and someone takes it the wrong way and they are talking expulsion.

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

My $0.02 anyway.
[/quote]

When they are young, you stop them from falling in the mud puddle. When they are older you are there to help them clean off after they fall in the mud puddle. [/quote]

As well…I think you said you have a daughter…I have a daughter and son and I think the bullying from boy to boy is more physical and less traumatizing kinda like what AngryChicken was talking about. Some of the girls in my daughters seventh grade class are so casually cruel. I have to watch her to make certain she isn’t joining in with being mean to some of the kids in the out group. Her elementary school was in a super nice area and the middle school has that area and the surrounding which is nice but more real and even younger girls are vicious as hell about what clothes someone is wearing or someone that isn’t pretty or heavy. [/quote]

I have a 15 year old son, and a 1 year old daughter (don’t ask, lol).

I’ve heard the horror stories about girls and how nasty they are to each other. I’m not looking forward to it.

[quote]Its a weird line though people can make someone feel fucking terrible they don’t have the latest 400 dollar boots and thats ok but some poor dumbass draws a picture of a gun and someone takes it the wrong way and they are talking expulsion.
[/quote]

This is a good point too. Crazy.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

My $0.02 anyway.
[/quote]

I was making the point that involvement is key. I don’t think you should solve your kids problems in most cases. I agree it’s a necessary part of personal growth.

I just think we wonder as a society why our kids have problems we didn’t have, but be honest with yourself (not specifically you, but parents in general), how much time do you actually spend with your kids? How much of what they go through are you actually aware of?

If I had to wage a guess I bet most kids spend the majority of their time with teachers whose authority has been neutered by mothers of America followed closely by older teens and early adults via the internet (think Call of Duty Multi-player). Our kids are being raised by a poor education system and internet tough guys…Awesome…

Bullying is a symptom of a much larger problem, in my opinion is all.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

I agree. But I would say that our kids today are rasied just as much by teens and girls in their early 20s at daycare centers just as much as the others you mentioned.

One parent being able to stay home with the kids is rare now a-days.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

I agree. But I would say that our kids today are rasied just as much by teens and girls in their early 20s at daycare centers just as much as the others you mentioned.

One parent being able to stay home with the kids is rare now a-days.[/quote]

Agree, but then again when you’ve got to have the newest Ipad, I guess we get what we deserve.