Stool Problems (Serious)

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
im having a similar problem as well. my stool is not always pasty or anything but occasionally i get diarrhea. mostly happens when i drink my Surge or i am dehydrated. i would recommend adding in some yogurt to your breakfast and cut out some shakes. I will have to dry out some fiber though because i feels that my food is going to waste if i just piss it out of my ass.[/quote]

True. I’m thinking about getting nuts to eat instead of shakes. I eat tons of yogurt.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
2 round TBSPs of pysillium husk + 1 tbsp of ground flax seed daily.

Also drink a fuck load of water a minimum of 2L[/quote]

this, i put 1-2 tsp of pysillium husk into every shake i make

Try foam rolling your glutes. Maybe they are too tight and they put enormous pressure on your shit, which in return melts them.

Eat more greens r get metamucil…

feels good to be bak.

feelsgood :slight_smile:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

No.

This will make things worse.[/quote]

When I say fuck load I mean more than the average person. 2L-4L.

Why would drinking that amount make it worse? You need a decent amount of water to pass a stool.[/quote]
True, but since we’re talking loose stool/diarrhea, assuming the guy isn’t sick and dehydrated from it, adding excessive water will just direct more to his colon.

Two liters wouldn’t be a problem, but a gallon a day is probably not a good idea.

Once he has the fiber thing worked out, not a bad idea.

If you’ve ever tried IF, drinking excessive amounts of water, you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Most people overestimate how much fiber they are eating (an apple only has 3 grams… average males are supposed to get 38 grams per day). Salads are not the fiber powerhouses most people think. You want to add some combination of wheat bran (100% bran cereal), any kind of beans, ground flax seed (add to protein drink), or psyllium husk if you are looking to really add a lot more fiber (but add it gradually, as noted). The tuna wraps you eat probably have little or no fiber, if you’re just putting some sliced tomato and lettuce on there. There are some high fiber wraps available, though.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

No.

Why would drinking that amount make it worse? You need a decent amount of water to pass a stool.[/quote]
True, but since we’re talking loose stool/diarrhea, assuming the guy isn’t sick and dehydrated from it, adding excessive water will just direct more to his colon.

Two liters wouldn’t be a problem, but a gallon a day is probably not a good idea.

[/quote]

Almost no water makes it to the large intestine (colon). I dont think excess water is a plausible answer

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:
Things it could be:
Lack of fiber (as noted)
Too much fiber too quickly (you just can’t go from 0-60 grams per day, ramp up)
Sensitivity
Intolerance
Allergy
Irritable bowel syndrome
Lack of healthy gut bacteria
Too much stress

Hard to tell with the information listed:
How long have you been working out?
When did this problem start?
Did cutting out dairy help?
Did you start a new supplement around the same time as the problem?
Did the frequency increase based on your training schedule?
Would you consider your life high stress?

[/quote]

Good post.[/quote]

Enzymes. I suspect that increased food consumption has led to a “deficiency” in one of the enzymes that digest protein, carb, or fat and that it is leading down the digestive pathway undigested leading to a disturbance of your healthy gut flora. If this is true, then enzymes will help. Look for a product with protein, carb and fat enzymes. A good probiotic will likely be needed as well. Also try to do some “elimination” diet to see if an intolerance has been developed. If so, you’ll have to gradua

[quote]bam7196 wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

No.

[/quote]

Almost no water makes it to the large intestine (colon). I dont think excess water is a plausible answer
[/quote]

Just my experience. YMMV.

I hear ya.

Agree with the major theme here advocating for psyllium husk as a bulking agent. OP noted consistency but not color of stool; this is important. Could be bile acid related. Could be infectious. Could be osmotic secondary to supplements or whole food diet. OP is also devoted to lifting it seems, how about pre-workout stims? A major area of concern would be malabsorption. Etiology of diarrhea would be exceedingly difficult to diagnose without a lot more info or an exam

[quote]JLone wrote:
Things it could be:
Lack of fiber (as noted)
Too much fiber too quickly (you just can’t go from 0-60 grams per day, ramp up)
Sensitivity
Intolerance
Allergy
Irritable bowel syndrome
Lack of healthy gut bacteria
Too much stress

Hard to tell with the information listed:
How long have you been working out?
When did this problem start?
Did cutting out dairy help?
Did you start a new supplement around the same time as the problem?
Did the frequency increase based on your training schedule?
Would you consider your life high stress?

[/quote]

I agree with too much fiber too quickly – don’t jump right into the recommended dosage. Ease into it over the course of a few days. Psyllium worked for me the first day, but then it was counterproductive the next few days yet my stomache was thunderous.

OP -

Here is some info about a couple of highly recommended probiotics. Sustenex and Saccharomyces boulardii. Judge the info for yourself. For what it’s worth, sustenex (BC30 specifically) has been recommended by some of the contributors (Dr. Zeigenfuss) to this site as the best probiotic out there.

Sustenex:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_article/sucker_punch_dr_tim_ziegenfuss?pageNo=1 I’ve taken it, and it’s great.

Saccharomyces boulardii:

“In a French study, 30 PWAs with chronic, severe (watery, 4-8 liters/day) diarrhea from no known cause, all with a history of CMV, MAI and KS, took 3 grams (3000 mg) of SB per day. Within two days, the volume of their diarrhea had been reduced to 1 liter. By the eighth day on SB, their stools were normally formed.” Saccharomyces boulardii Info Sheet

Apparently Saccharomyces also helps reduce some of the gut organisms that produce glucuronidase, an enzyme which inhibits glucuronidation detoxification pathways (Glucuronidation removes several toxic and potentially toxic chemicals from our system, such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, steroid hormones, some nitrosamines, heterocyclic amines, some fungal toxins, and aromatic amines. It also removes “used” hormones, such as estrogen and T4, that are produced naturally by the body). People often supplement with D-glucarate for that same purpose.

I’ve not taken this, but plan to in the near future.

If you go to Publix and go down the “ethnic foods aisle” (assuming you have a publix), there are fiber wraps that have about 13g of dietary fiber in them. I think they’re under the brand “gourmet foods”; nevertheless, there are other kinds too. They taste good and help me get a lot of fiber in. I eat about two a day, supplementing that with other fiber products (high fiber oatmeal, high fiber bagels, etc).

I had the same problem like you for most of my life. I got rid of the problem after I stopped eating oats and rye. Which I must have been sensitive to. My stools are perfect now, but if I eat just a little bit of oat I will be shitting like crazy for days. I would try substituting the oats with something else for a few weeks if I were you.