Stomache Vacuums

Has anyone here done them and if so, how many times a week did you do them?

As in, to practics for posing? Or as an actual exercise?

You here in New River?

I used to do them a bit. Just push all your air out and hold it as long as you can. Either every day or every other day not a big difference since this isn;t the type of muscle that training it hard will change anything. I haven’t done it in ahwile but it definetly makes your abs look better especially if you have like a curved out six pack it’ll make your abs nice and idk how to describe but like flat or in which’ll make u look leaner and your other muscles look bigger/better

[quote]dylan10507 wrote:
I used to do them a bit. Just push all your air out and hold it as long as you can. Either every day or every other day not a big difference since this isn;t the type of muscle that training it hard will change anything. I haven’t done it in ahwile but it definetly makes your abs look better especially if you have like a curved out six pack it’ll make your abs nice and idk how to describe but like flat or in which’ll make u look leaner and your other muscles look bigger/better[/quote]
I’ve read it works the inner abdominal wall, I used to have the stuck out abs problem when I had a 6pack, might’ve been a problem with the posture too though.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
As in, to practics for posing? Or as an actual exercise?

You here in New River?[/quote]
Nah I’m in Charlotte

Yeah sounds like it might’ve just been a posture thing, when you hunch forwards your stomach sticks out a little naturally.

Shame, always keeping my eyes open for training partners in this area.

Wow! I must be dyslexic, cuz I read the title as Mustache Vacuums (wtf?!)

[quote]Bona wrote:
Wow! I must be dyslexic, cuz I read the title as Mustache Vacuums (wtf?!)[/quote]

Dont knock them, mutache vacuums are a GREAT exercise!

if you have defined abs, they make a difference rather quick!
however, expect little carryover, although they might have some health benefits

try to relax the abs (rectus abdominis) as good as possible
try to feel something pulling inward
do them after shitting

you can do a couple of variations, eg
hold for duration
hold for quality duration
alternate vacuumpose and relaxed pose (with the belly outward)

if you have a posture problem, you might wanna sort that out first, don’t know if vacuums will do you good at all.

[quote]Old Dax wrote:

[quote]Bona wrote:
Wow! I must be dyslexic, cuz I read the title as Mustache Vacuums (wtf?!)[/quote]

Dont knock them, mutache vacuums are a GREAT exercise![/quote]

Old Dax, your avatar makes me smile.

Every stoplight.

i thought this picture fits in well with this thread

[quote]SMF wrote:
Every stoplight.[/quote]

thats a good idea haha im a start doing that

OT, but I recently read that the judges take kindly to a good vacuum pose (in certain poses). Are there any current competitors that do it (on stage)? I’ve only seen pics of old bodybuilders doing it.