Stomach Probs w/ During WO Shake

Currently, my peri-workout nutrition is like this:

during workout shake: 50g fast carbs + 25 whey protein
after workout: 55 carbs, 35 whey.

The carb source is a “weight gainer” by one of well respected German firms (Multipower) and the whey is also done by them.

The reason why i am writing this is that when i add a during work-out shake i end up with diarrhea. Whenever i ditch either
during WO or after WO drink - it is quite normal.

I also add 20g BCAA in my during WO drink and 20g creatine. Could this be the reason of it?

20 grams of creatine? Yeah unless you are a 275 lb beast.

20g of creatine is insane. Most of the Weight Gainers I looked at before I settled with Biotest had some pretty shitty ingredients.

But if you want to stick with the carbs and whey, just dilute it in plenty of water, at least 32oz per dose.

All the creatine is crazy. And if it’s any consolation, I can’t drink anything other than water during my workout or I feel the need to upchuck.

I’m going to guess and say that you’re taking that much creatine because you’re loading, correct? If so you should know that:

1- The need to load has been debunked. Just take 5g a day with your post workout shake and you will achieve the same result as loading within a few weeks.

2- If you want to load anyway, the proper way to do so is to take 5g at a time, in grape juice, with meals over the course of the day. [i]Not[/i] all at once. Make sure your creatine is totally dissolved, because clumps can cause abdominal cramping.

Recommendation to take 20g of creatine was in one of CT’s articles of nutrition or supplementation. I think i am gonna try it without creatine next time.

And i feel very bloated after my WO shake (not the one with creatine). The ‘bloatness’ stays for about 20 minutes. I think it is either gainer or creatine, because the whey i am using now is of another brand and i felt the same with the previous one as well. However, if i don’t use during-WO drink, than it is likely that i will feel just OK.

Thanks guys!

It was creatine that made me sick. Having 5g of it is ok!

beefcake… BEEFCAKE

Hmmm… Interesting!

Well, my during workout shake has about 1 liter of water, and PWO has about 0.6-0.7 liters. But since i ditched the during work-out creatine i don’t have any bloated feeling and no problems with digesting it (gas or, god forbid, diarrhea). I do ingest 5g of creatine after workout though.

Beefcake!

[quote]Zluke wrote:
Recommendation to take 20g of creatine was in one of CT’s articles of nutrition or supplementation. I think i am gonna try it without creatine next time.[/quote]

Read this:

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/diet_and_nutrition/supplementation_for_newbies&cr=dietAndNutrition

That’s the article i meant talking about 20g of creatine recommendation.