Stomach Pains and Vegetables!

Hey guys,

ive always eaten plenty of vegetables but it wasn’t until last month that the pains began…after i eat a meal with broccoli in it almost an hour later i get the most insane stomach pains ever which only go away by time (plenty of hours later)…

i didn’t always have this problem its new and every single time i eat vegetables it happens…does anyone know what cause this or why it happens?does anyone else get this??

i find i get this too when i eat large amounts of spinach (3-4 cups). Possibly due to the large fiber amount. It generally passes an hour or so later.

[quote]ffdrebin wrote:
i find i get this too when i eat large amounts of spinach (3-4 cups). Possibly due to the large fiber amount. It generally passes an hour or so later. [/quote]

mine stays for more then hour usually 2-4 hrs and i don’t even necessarily need to eat alot of the vegetable to get the pain

might have a food sensitivity issue with broccoli

spinach is a common food allergy

this morning i made an egg omlett with asparagess and it also happened almost 30 minutes later but it wasnt nearly as painful as the broccli

the only time i ever got stomach issues with vegetables was when i ate:

1 cup oats (measured dry) w/ .5 tbsp psyllium powder
10 cups salad w/ 0 cal dressing
1 c egg whites
1 bag of broccoli
1 large whole grapefruit

even then i was only mildly bloated. i think somebody has a weak stomach. try enzymes and acidophilus together.

[quote]cpcloud wrote:
the only time i ever got stomach issues with vegetables was when i ate:

1 cup oats (measured dry) w/ .5 tbsp psyllium powder
10 cups salad w/ 0 cal dressing
1 c egg whites
1 bag of broccoli
1 large whole grapefruit

even then i was only mildly bloated. i think somebody has a weak stomach. try enzymes and acidophilus together.[/quote]

yeah I’d agree…try some digestive enzymes. You can pick up the Flora brand at www.netrition.com pretty cheap. Been using those for a couple years now.

raw broccoli gives me stomach pains no matter what though. I’d like to think it’s just cuz the fiber is cleaning out my gut :wink:

haha fuck that though the pain is insane(not even being a bitch) id like too clean my gut other ways but i will try that enyzme