Stomach Pain Doing Sit-Ups

When I do about 20 to 25 sit-ups, I end up having a severe stomach pain. Its like an acid build-up or something. Today it was horrible. I had to literally lie there for 15 minutes and stretch my arms behind my head (which eased the pain), and later, slowly pull myself up. Any suggestions why this could be, or anyone has the same problem? Any advice is appreciated.

Any suggestions?

lactic… acid…?

Do you mean abdominal pain or actual stomach pain, like heartburn?

[quote]lilthrock wrote:
When I do about 20 to 25 sit-ups, I end up having a severe stomach pain. Its like an acid build-up or something. Today it was horrible. I had to literally lie there for 15 minutes and stretch my arms behind my head (which eased the pain), and later, slowly pull myself up. Any suggestions why this could be, or anyone has the same problem? Any advice is appreciated.[/quote]

Sounds like a cramp to me.

Bridges always work this out for me. They are hell, though.

Take it easy and try other ab exercises.

Describe your pain better. Is it like a lactic acid burn or like your sick to your stomach?

Its like a lactic acid burn, not really a stomach pain per se, and its severe. Any suggestions, if it happens to be lactic acid burn? Is this a common condition?

[quote]lilthrock wrote:
Its like a lactic acid burn, not really a stomach pain per se, and its severe. Any suggestions, if it happens to be lactic acid burn? Is this a common condition?[/quote]

No its just the burn of doing high reps… i get it too like when i get to around 30 on my first set and slightly sooner on successive sets. I have to lie down for about thirty seconds and its real hard to breath. But if you have to stay for minutes then i don’t know what to tell you. Maybe you should do weighted situps or weighted cable ab pulldowns so you can get a good workout without getting the burn of a higher rep range

Thats a really good suggestion. Ive been havin this problem for years, but never knew what to do about it.