Stomach flu... shake for dinner?

unfortunately i have come down with a stomach flu and cant keep down solid food, even when properly chewed and with HCL.

i trained today before it really hit me and i wasnt hungry after my PWO shake for almost 3 hours. usually its 1 hour. and i had my PWO meal, and kept it down for almost 3 hours before throwing up what seems like most of it.

obviously im not really digesting anything well at the moment, do you guys think a shake of Whey, casien and glutamine/creatine with a greens powder is a smart idea? i squatted heavy today i want to keep my protein up.

Only one way to find out. Drink it, if you keep it down then you’re golden, if not…then you know. It might just be food poisoning too since you had no flu like symptoms prior to your puking.

[quote]Siouxfan wrote:
Only one way to find out. Drink it, if you keep it down then you’re golden, if not…then you know. It might just be food poisoning too since you had no flu like symptoms prior to your puking. [/quote]

i have tried it and so far im feeling ok. had whey, casien, glutamine, greens powder, olive oil, milled flaxseed and i had some vitamins as well.

I did feel fine yesterday and even when i woke up but soon after breakfast i felt wierd, got worst after training. so you could be right, maybe my breakfast was contaminated some how.

When I’m sick like with a flu I can’t even stand to drink water.

[quote]Nards wrote:
When I’m sick like with a flu I can’t even stand to drink water.[/quote]

ya it took me close to 45 minutes to down the shake. and i had chocolate flavored burps for nearly 6 hours afterwards.

ill see if i can try some solid food today, i lost almost 2 kg yesterday, im hopping 90% of it was just fluid.

Oh yeah…it would be fluid and since you barely ate it would be reduced gut contents. No way you lost muscle in one or two days.

Ginger Ale and Gatorade.