Whenever I begin a bulk, after 2-3 weeks I’ll start getting quite painful stomach cramps which get worse if I eat more. I don’t have IBS or any IG disorders that I know of, and I find this ONLY happens from eating a lot of food on a consistent basis.
My breakdown everyday is roughly:
- 4 whole eggs, 70g oatmeal
- protein and mass gainer (I take half, so ~500cal)
- 1 burger with whole wheat bun and green kale smoothie
- chicken breast OR salmon, brown rice, green salad
- popcorn, peanuts, etc. other snacks
- 1 can tuna with brown rice
in total this usually comes out to around 3300-3500 cal each day. I’m not consuming much dairy (if any), and make sure to drink about 3 L (almost a gallon) of water throughout the day.
I always encounter this problem around 2 weeks into any bulking attempt, and the cramping forces me to cut down on food quite a bit.