Stomach-Churning Deadlifts.

When I increase the weight I deadlift I seem to do fine for my first set or two, but by my last set or two (depending on program) my guts feel like they are literally doing flips. I am very careful about my form so I don’t think that’s the problem. This does concern me and I would appreciate it if anyone could give me feedback on this.

How much weight are we talking and how long have you been deading/lifting? My fist thought would be to stick with a slightly lighter weight till you get more accustumed to them

Also look at you food intake before. You need enough carbs before to provide energy but you want it to be digested before getting in. However, I think the likely problem is too much too fast.

I’m no expert (goes without saying), but maybe try reducing your volume? 3-4 sets of deadlifts can be quite taxing on your body. Especially if these are to failure (one more and you might poop your pants).

I would get a similar sensation from doing a super set leg routine. It was the old Mentzer leg extension to failure then leg press to failure.

The weight is 245 lbs and I’ve been DL’ing for about 2 months. Also I generally lift after school so I’ve had around 1 1/2 - 2 hours for my food to digest.

Thanks for the advice.

your body still might need some time to get used to the stress if you’ve only been doing it for 2 months.

Are you useing a weight belt? If you are then stop if not then try useing one. See if thwt helps if not I really dont know what to say.