Stock Up on Ammo ASAP

http://www.usavsus.info/US-AmmoRegistr.htm

Even though this got shot down recently it just goes to show that since they couldnt take our guns away they are trying to take our ammo.

This is just plain sillyness. what exactly is this supposed to accomplish?

The only explanation I can think of is planning for otherwise law abiding citizens to start shooting each other or law enforcement.

What are they planning that would cause otherwise law abiding citizens to start using ammunition for nefarious purposes?

It’s being lobbied by the person/people who have the patent on the machine needed to mark the bullets. Nothing to do with safety.

That bill dies in committee every year in every state it’s introduced.

Speaking of stocking up, anyone have a good source for bulk ammo. I have been checking sites like cheaperthandirt.com, coming up with a per round cost, and then marking auctions on other sites that are less.

I figure the guys auctioning this stuff off are making money. Where do they find it?

I think I am going to stock up on 5.56, 7.62x39, .308, and maybe a can or two .30-06. This would be shit I would store and not shoot much of. I wouldn’t mind saving a few bucks.

[quote]dhickey wrote:

The only explanation I can think of is planning for otherwise law abiding citizens to start shooting each other or law enforcement.

What are they planning that would cause otherwise law abiding citizens to start using ammunition for nefarious purposes?[/quote]

One of things that microstamping the casings is supposed to do is make crime solving easier. The idea is, crimes committed with imprinted ammo will be traced back to the guy who did it. All that will do is make a new black market for ammo.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Speaking of stocking up, anyone have a good source for bulk ammo. I have been checking sites like cheaperthandirt.com, coming up with a per round cost, and then marking auctions on other sites that are less.

I figure the guys auctioning this stuff off are making money. Where do they find it?

I think I am going to stock up on 5.56, 7.62x39, .308, and maybe a can or two .30-06. This would be shit I would store and not shoot much of. I wouldn’t mind saving a few bucks.[/quote]

no cheap sources anymore, the cost of metals and demand have driven up even the cheapo crap stuff. for example, years ago i bought reloading components and saved them such as bullets, primers, and brass, along with saving my used brass. I didn’t reload for years now and decided to start.

Hornady XTP hollow point bullets for 115 gr 9mm were 6.99 for a hundred. Now they are about 20$. 45 acp 230 grain xtp hollow points were 10.25$ and now are about 30$ for a hundred.

At the York , Pa. gun show today, it was app. 400$ for 223 1000 rounds for federal American eagle or most imports.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
dhickey wrote:

I think I am going to stock up on 5.56, 7.62x39, .308, and maybe a can or two .30-06. This would be shit I would store and not shoot much of. I wouldn’t mind saving a few bucks.

no cheap sources anymore, the cost of metals and demand have driven up even the cheapo crap stuff. for example, years ago i bought reloading components and saved them such as bullets, primers, and brass, along with saving my used brass. I didn’t reload for years now and decided to start.

Hornady XTP hollow point bullets for 115 gr 9mm were 6.99 for a hundred. Now they are about 20$. 45 acp 230 grain xtp hollow points were 10.25$ and now are about 30$ for a hundred.

At the York , Pa. gun show today, it was app. 400$ for 223 1000 rounds for federal American eagle or most imports.

[/quote]

$400 even for the Wolf brand?

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

You what funny about the vid is that a year ago I told my wife that the libs would never be able to just flat out take our guns away, but they would try and take the ammo.

She told me I was crazy and that I was down with too many conspirict therioes. Yesterday we read an article about the Ammo Accountability Act in BackwoodsHome magazine.

[quote]jawara wrote:
tom63 wrote:
dhickey wrote:

$400 even for the Wolf brand?[/quote]

Wolf was actually about 350 ish I think. The brand name import I was thinking of was Privi? That was 400$ for a case of 1000.

Some ARs were 850$ to 1700$ depending on accessories, such as quad rails and lights and optics.

I saw a noticeable lack of 6.8mm spc ammo. I found one box and 2 mags. The ammo was 20.95 and the mags were 29.95$ for high capacity, 26 or so rounds capacity.

I did see some very good prices on various Kimbers , SA XDMs, and Glocks. Mags for ARs were a decent price, maybe 20$ or so for a 30 rounder.

I saw some powerball wishes in Thompson sub guns. One was about 30K, two were 195K and 225 K! These were special collectors types, one with gold engraving.

An M60 could be had for 25K and MP5s were app 20K. Should have bought that one with the suppressor back in 91 for 3800. I could get 20+ K now for it.

[quote]jawara wrote:
skaz05 wrote:

You what funny about the vid is that a year ago I told my wife that the libs would never be able to just flat out take our guns away, but they would try and take the ammo.

She told me I was crazy and that I was down with too many conspirict therioes. Yesterday we read an article about the Ammo Accountability Act in BackwoodsHome magazine.[/quote]

They’ll try , but I’m sure they’ll get shot down. As said before it’s a useless law. I know many such get passed, but I seriously doubt so as long as we fight it.

[quote]jawara wrote:
dhickey wrote:

What are they planning that would cause otherwise law abiding citizens to start using ammunition for nefarious purposes?

One of things that microstamping the casings is supposed to do is make crime solving easier. The idea is, crimes committed with imprinted ammo will be traced back to the guy who did it. All that will do is make a new black market for ammo.[/quote]

These tools never heard of a revolver, I bet.

[quote]jawara wrote:
She told me I was crazy and that I was down with too many conspirict therioes. [/quote]

She was partly right, except that you’re just fucking stupid and not really crazy.

If I was an ammo manufacturer or wholesaler right now, about every 6-8 weeks I’d hike my price about 25% and then issue a press release about some latest Obama/Dem threat against future availability. Stupid mother fuckers would soak it up and spend every cent they have on stocking up, and I rack up profits. It’s kind of recession proof, really.

[quote]tom63 wrote:

[/quote]

Sounds like auctions are as good a place as any. I have seen 223 for around .37 a round in bulk, plus shipping. 7.62x39 seems to be about the same. This stuff is non-reloadable but it sounds like reloading really isn’t saving you much over surplus ammo.

I want to start reloading, but not for storage ammo. Sounds like it probebly woundn’t make much sense for storage ammo.

I haven’t started looking at storage of side arm ammo. Not as concerned about that but probalby have to look at a minimal amout if it’s going to get expensive. Probably start reloading here.

[quote]tme wrote:
jawara wrote:
She told me I was crazy and that I was down with too many conspirict therioes.

She was partly right, except that you’re just fucking stupid and not really crazy.

If I was an ammo manufacturer or wholesaler right now, about every 6-8 weeks I’d hike my price about 25% and then issue a press release about some latest Obama/Dem threat against future availability. Stupid mother fuckers would soak it up and spend every cent they have on stocking up, and I rack up profits. It’s kind of recession proof, really.
[/quote]

Why would something like this be so shocking? They already have an “assault weapons” bill written. They’ve already talked about putting huge tax on ammunition.

Also, if you were a supplier and did what you are talking about, you wouldn’t be doing too well. Do you know how many ammunition manufacturers there are? Would you be trying to do your competition a favor? I am guessing you are not a business owner. Look up supply and demand.

Who is a stupid mother fucker?

Join the NRA-ILA, stay aware state by state and nationwide. The politicians will tax, regulate, and mandate every chance they get if you don’t stay informed.

They’ll complicate paperwork, increase the cost of procurement and licensing/renewals, where you can carry, when you can carry, who can carry, mandatory insurance etc ad nauseum if we don’t keep showing them that we as owners will not let them do it.

[quote]tme wrote:
jawara wrote:
She told me I was crazy and that I was down with too many conspirict therioes.

[/quote]
So your calling me stupid because I think Obama and the MOST of the Dem party is against guns. Yeah that makes sense, look at Obama’s past voting record on 2nd amendment legislation for starters.

Taking away peoples guns is a wet dream for these people. And since the Dems love taxes and hate guns do you really think MOST of them would be against a 5 cent tax on each round in box? Of course they wouldnt, look at how they tax cigarettes in NY.

[quote]jawara wrote:
So your calling me stupid because I think Obama and the MOST of the Dem party is against guns.[/quote]

Not at all.

I pretty much think you’re stupid because you’re stupid, not because of what you think the other side might be doing based on what you heard or read somewhere.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Just ran across this quote and decided to stick it in here:

‘Those who hammer their guns into plows
will plow for those who do not.’

~ Thomas Jefferson
[/quote]

How unlike the Prophet Joel (3:9-10)
“…Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:
Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.”

But then I prefer Micah, even to Jefferson, in this one small point.