Stock Radiator with a 383 Stroker?

[quote]elano wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Get a good temp gage, keep an eye on it breaking it in (you shouldn�??t be running it to hard anyway at this point), spend the money on cooling upgrades if it is getting to hot. Just my 2 cents.

Props on ditching the 305 boat anchor.

Yeah I was tired of getting beat by 1.8ltr hondas. Plus the old 305 leaks a little bit of everything out of everywhere lol.

I think ill just buy a good tranny cooler and run that alone. If i find that I need a new radiator, ill do what i have to.

Thanks a lot everyone![/quote]

lol @ the 1.8 honda guys
I am also an import guy and I have a 2004 toyota corolla that is my daily driver with a couple bolt ons including turbo,stand alone fuel managment,boost controller and custom axles.

I get to 120mph easy and run low 13s in the quarter mile (limited by my suspension) and on a recent trip to families house up north I ran on the freeway doing between 35-40mpg the whole way

I ran 216 miles on half a tank before stopping and topping off and its a 10 gallon tank so thats how I figured

some of these smaller enginges can be quite impressive. but they are a pita with all the computers and electronics and close tollerences

glad to see you are opting out for the cooler.
I dont think any choice really in either direction you take it would have been a bad one.
kind of which one you want to do first i guess.

how much boost are you running to get a corolla into the 13s? Either way, why? LOL

Dude having a sleeper like that is just cool.

[quote]elano wrote:
Dude having a sleeper like that is just cool.[/quote]

Almighty God, can you imagine how bad it feels to get whupped by a COROLLA?? ROFL. I’d love to see that some day.

[quote]elano wrote:
Dude having a sleeper like that is just cool.[/quote]

I really need that pic, “special olympics, even if you win, you’re still retarded”

you can polish a turd all you want, it will still be a turd. I’d rather drive a Mustang, Camaro, etc and lose :smiley:

kids these days :smiley:

[quote]elano wrote:
I have a camaro im droping a 383 stroker into. It was a 1986 305 carb Iroc 5 speed.[/quote]

When I was 18 I dreamed of doing this exact thing into my '89 throttle body.

My buddy’s girl backed into the car and it became no more.
…yes she hit it hard.

That was it in the picture right after i bought it in 2000.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
elano wrote:
I have a camaro im droping a 383 stroker into. It was a 1986 305 carb Iroc 5 speed.

When I was 18 I dreamed of doing this exact thing into my '89 throttle body.

My buddy’s girl backed into the car and it became no more.
…yes she hit it hard.[/quote]

I can imagine you would considering TBI’s sucked :smiley:

Yeah TBI’s suck compared to the TPI, but its still better than the CC Quadrajets like what came on my IROC. I had an 88 305 TBI firebird that ran pretty well. I heard alot of them have problems with the throttle bodies tho.

The 305 is a joke. I wish they would have only had one v8 option, the 350 and no v6… Personally…

I can respect any body’s ride as long as they have some serious parts to go along with their decals, sticker, wheels, and wings… I can appreciate somebody dumping 10g in a echo if it runs fast. I would drive it just to whoop up on these mustang guys who think their hot stuff…