T Nation

Stinky Sweat

I started my first serious bulking phase and have noticed that all of a sudden my freakin’ sweat smells horrible. Plus I sweat like a damn pig now. I usually don’t stink when I sewat, but now it has sort of a strong vinegary/amonia kind of smell. Hard to describe, but it’s bad. Can this be caused a sudden increase in protein in my diet?

Hey!! You finally made it to manhood. Congrats, hahahaha. Sweat stinks. The more you sweat, the more it stinks.

Try putting some freaking deodorant under your pits man… and change your underwear more than once a week.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Hey!! You finally made it to manhood. Congrats, hahahaha. Sweat stinks. The more you sweat, the more it stinks. [/quote]

Especially you have not wiped your ass in a while.

Gees, thanks guys. I’m starting to get these hairs on my balls also…what does it mean?

My sweat has changed smells. I went from normal stink to “holy crap, I smell bad”.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Gees, thanks guys. I’m starting to get these hairs on my balls also…what does it mean?

[/quote]

That is what happens to bad little boys that masturbate too much. Next the hair will start growing on your palms.

I notice that my sweat smells more depending on how much fat vs carbs I am burning. As odd as that sounds. When I am cutting or when my diet is high fat I smell a lot more.

Also, try switching to liquid soap, bar soaps tend to make you smell more b/c of the build up. AND… Switch to just plain deoderant. Anti-P might help you stop sweating but when you finally sweat through it, it ends up smelling worse.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Gees, thanks guys. I’m starting to get these hairs on my balls also…what does it mean?

My sweat has changed smells. I went from normal stink to “holy crap, I smell bad”. [/quote]

Just bustin ya chops. Yes, your sweat will change odors from what you eat and drink.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Gees, thanks guys. I’m starting to get these hairs on my balls also…what does it mean?

My sweat has changed smells. I went from normal stink to “holy crap, I smell bad”.

Just bustin ya chops. Yes, your sweat will change odors from what you eat and drink. [/quote]

I can always tell if I’ve eaten marinated steak by the smell of my…

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
I can always tell if I’ve eaten marinated steak by the smell of my…[/quote]

I’m hoping you are saying you detect marination via urination, because the alternatives are… well, out there.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
I can always tell if I’ve eaten marinated steak by the smell of my…

I’m hoping you are saying you detect marination via urination, because the alternatives are… well, out there.[/quote]

Keep guessing!

You should smell mine after having Starbucks…

How clean are the foods that you’re eating during your bulking phase? I’ve noticed that I can barely smell at all if I’m eating pretty cleanly.

Also, get this deodorant: www.thecrystal.com. Best deodorant around. Get the Spray. YOu can either order it from their website or some healthfood stores carry it. You’ll thank me.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
vroom wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
I can always tell if I’ve eaten marinated steak by the smell of my…

I’m hoping you are saying you detect marination via urination, because the alternatives are… well, out there.

Keep guessing![/quote]

Special swimmers?

my advice is to drink more water. i had the same thing goin on where it wasnt bad and then became worse and worse. i heard from a friend to drink more water and i did, got rid of the smell.

[quote]Kasomak wrote:
my advice is to drink more water. i had the same thing goin on where it wasnt bad and then became worse and worse. i heard from a friend to drink more water and i did, got rid of the smell. [/quote]

Good advice.

[quote]chrismcl wrote:
How clean are the foods that you’re eating during your bulking phase? I’ve noticed that I can barely smell at all if I’m eating pretty cleanly.

Also, get this deodorant: www.thecrystal.com. Best deodorant around. Get the Spray. YOu can either order it from their website or some healthfood stores carry it. You’ll thank me.[/quote]

I’m eating very clean, very clean. The smell isn’t just from my pits. I can smell it on my shoulders, chest, back. It’s not body odor, it’s just my sweat.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
chrismcl wrote:
How clean are the foods that you’re eating during your bulking phase? I’ve noticed that I can barely smell at all if I’m eating pretty cleanly.

Also, get this deodorant: www.thecrystal.com. Best deodorant around. Get the Spray. YOu can either order it from their website or some healthfood stores carry it. You’ll thank me.

I’m eating very clean, very clean. The smell isn’t just from my pits. I can smell it on my shoulders, chest, back. It’s not body odor, it’s just my sweat.

[/quote]

Have you been eating too much snatch? You know it could be that…

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

Have you been eating too much snatch? You know it could be that…
[/quote]

Wasn’t this a thread a little while back?

[quote]PGJ wrote:
chrismcl wrote:
How clean are the foods that you’re eating during your bulking phase? I’ve noticed that I can barely smell at all if I’m eating pretty cleanly.

Also, get this deodorant: www.thecrystal.com. Best deodorant around. Get the Spray. YOu can either order it from their website or some healthfood stores carry it. You’ll thank me.

I’m eating very clean, very clean. The smell isn’t just from my pits. I can smell it on my shoulders, chest, back. It’s not body odor, it’s just my sweat.

[/quote]

Your body odor is from your sweat. People who take in a lot of protein and excrete the waste products through the skin can often have that ammonia smell. My sweat doesn’t take on that characteristic unless I am dieting and my protein intake is significantly higher with lower overall caloric intake. Even then I only notice it during cardio. In other words, how “clean” are you eating and does this mean you have dropped carbs extremely low?