Stinking Tupperware

Any of you having this problem?

It’s time for your next P+C or P+F meal. You open up your tupperware to eat and the smell that comes out from it, be it chicken, beef, veges, whatever. It stinks! Even my bag stinks…

Especially when it’s out from the freezer or you’re out the whole day. The tupperware sits in your bag for many hours…

Actually, I don’t mind the smell, I end up eating it anyway. Just that when I eat among friends or coleagues (or in cinemas!)…

Anyone knows of any method to help reduce the stink?

Don’t cook with onions or garlic. But then again it might have an odor anyway.

Why do you care? If people can fart and smoke cigarettes in public, I think that you’re allowed to eat food.

throw a little bleach in your diswaher or sink when you are washing them and let it soak for a few minutes. Rinse thoroughly.

Alternately baking soda will too.

[quote]hedo wrote:
throw a little bleach in your diswaher or sink when you are washing them and let it soak for a few minutes. Rinse thoroughly.

Alternately baking soda will too.[/quote]

Dude, I hope you are kidding about the bleach.

Are you talking about the smell of the food in it or the tupperware itself. plastic can really hold scent, notice how bad your shaker bottle can start to smell even after you wash it?
I sent mine through the dishwasher a couple of times. that seemed to work the smelled new again.

[quote]Highwaystar1 wrote:
hedo wrote:

Dude, I hope you are kidding about the bleach.[/quote]

some bleach wont hurt you, just rinse well.

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
Are you talking about the smell of the food in it or the tupperware itself. plastic can really hold scent, notice how bad your shaker bottle can start to smell even after you wash it?
I sent mine through the dishwasher a couple of times. that seemed to work the smelled new again.
[/quote]

I meant the smell of the food the moment you open the container, esp in air-conditioned places.

Getting stared at for eating from a tupperware is already bad enough.

ok granted eggs in tupperware can smell pretty bad. but you know what bro fuck these people. i mean what the hell you are eating FOOD, its not like your eating shit or smearing the food all over your self. you are eating! taking care of a basic need of life. so eat away bro.

my friend was upset because she got nasty looks all the time when she wore a sleeveless shirt, she is 51 and in awesome shape her arms are well muscled and defined. she was upset at the looks of disaproval she was getting, untill i pointed out that the looks where jealousy.

I have this problem with water bottles. Like when I fill up a bottle with Gatorade and drink all but the last 2 ounces of it. Then I forget about it for 3 weeks, when I open it back up, phwew, mold and everything.

Heres what you do. If you have a couple days before you have to use it then this’ll work. Put a tbsp of bleach in it and fill the rest with water. Let it sit overnight, then the next day, empty it, put a tbsp of lemon juice concentrate in, let that sit overnight too. After that it should be fresh.

Ha! This is funny because it’s so true! My second job I work at a dance studio, I do paper work, accounting, basicly I’m a secretary(hey a T-Man can be a secretary can’t he?), I eat the same thing just about every day, chicken with some mixed veggies with a bit of olive oil. And let me tell you the shit stinks! I always ask the girls if it stinks yet or what it smells like, one told me it smells like feet! Anyway, I found putting some fresh mushrooms in with whatever it is will absorbe some of the stink along with tasting oh so yummy!

[quote]Highwaystar1 wrote:
hedo wrote:

Dude, I hope you are kidding about the bleach.[/quote]

Nope not kidding. Chlorine is used to treat water all the time. A capful in the diswasher will kill all the bacteria and the rinse cycle will get rid of it. Give your bowl a little rinse afterward and you are good to go.

I wouldn’t drink the stuff but it is an effective decon agent.

Baking soda, although less effective, will work just as well. Toss a teasponfull in the dishwasher and you will be amazed.

Why do you think it is harmful to use as a cleaning agent?