Stink Bugs, Grossest Story Ever

True story: had my windows replaced this fall. We had dozens of stink bugs in the house at any time, including my boys bedroom, and I could not figure out what to do. Well, the window contractor knocked out their old window, and looked inside the wall by the window frame…and saw thousands of the little fuckers in the wall. We had a nest in our house. Sprayed some pesticide in their, the house stunk for two days straight. I really hate these fucking things.

Funny story sbout those fucks…

Late last summer I had a nest. They decided the would build one in my window. They get in the house every way they can…as you know…I had a window unit AC in my bedroom though so it was particularly bad there. My girlfriend despises ANY and all light while she sleeps so on top of both blinds, she hangs little blankets. Well, without us knowing, between these blankets and the blinds there were HUNDREDS of em. Like, piled on top of each other and shit.

I found em while going to take out the AC unit. I kinda jump back like WHOA! If you disturb the bastards they go crazy though so i played it cool. While formulating a plan to attack this, my girl and my mother come up with the bright idea to vacuum the motha fuckers. So, hundreds and hundreds of stink bugs are spinning around a vacuum canister spraying the shit out of each other and I go running upstairs like FFFFF FUUUUUUUUUUUUU–

Dumbest. Idea. Ever.

I’ve been sprayed by a skunk and I really don’t know what was worse

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Two things I don’t miss about (Southern) New Jersey (besides traffic and douchebags):

Greenheads and Stink Bugs[/quote]

Damn right! Plus, in the past 5 years fuckin’ Cave Crickets have taken over. They look like big spiders that jump like crazy.

[/quote]

my wife calls them sprickets, lol have them like crazy in our basement and kitchen

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Two things I don’t miss about (Southern) New Jersey (besides traffic and douchebags):

Damn right! Plus, in the past 5 years fuckin’ Cave Crickets have taken over. They look like big spiders that jump like crazy.

[/quote]

I miss crickets and hoppers. =/ The insect life in Scotland is pretty strangled compared to the likes of America. Cept for the fucking midge. I’d rather have to contend with scorpions than midges.

DAMN YOU MIDGES!!!

Holy fuck Batman! I’m in the NYC area and haven’t seen one yet. I know they’re native to Florida, I’ll keep an eye peeled here for them.

BG

[quote]postholedigger wrote:
I was having some coffee (made in-house) at work a few years back. I took a swig and felt something in my mouth. I spit it out and it was half a cock roach. I emptied the coffee cup and the other half wasn’t there. I pretty much assumed that I drank the other half unwittingly. It was a pretty unpleasant thought.[/quote]

Shit…

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]

I miss crickets and hoppers. =/ The insect life in Scotland is pretty strangled compared to the likes of America. Cept for the fucking midge. I’d rather have to contend with scorpions than midges.

DAMN YOU MIDGES!!![/quote]

I would take an infestation of serpents over midges in high summer (or the Scottish equivalent which is like a wet march anywhere else)

[quote]Bambi wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]

DAMN YOU MIDGES!!![/quote]

I would take an infestation of serpents over midges in high summer (or the Scottish equivalent which is like a wet march anywhere else)[/quote]

agreed, midges are bad, especially in the North and West. It can be so bad that you cant go outside with any skin exposed. Some folk even wear full nets over their heads to protect themselves. I saw the sheep getting agitated from being bitten so much one wet Summer near Fort William.

but on the plus side, they dont stink, and if you eat some (which is unavoidable) they are so small that they have no taste.

What are midges?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
What are midges?[/quote]

Only the best fly-fishing bait EVER!!!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
What are midges?[/quote]

Take your average american mosquito, shrink it by about, oh I dunno x 5 say, and then multiply its numbers by about 100,000 and imagine it swarming over your face, arms, neck…anywhere it can get to moist skin or sweat. Oh and then of course biting you. Well not all of them bite but the ones we’re complaining about on this thread do. ;p

Some people, the lucky ones, seem to escape with only annoyance. I’ve seen other dudes wake up during camping or fishing trips though like they’d slept in a giant hornet’s nest. Midges can be so bad they can actually completely ruin an ill-prepared trip.

Ok I was exaggerating about the giant hornet’s nest effect, but not by much - here’s the typical Highland midge we’re referring to and here’s a victim.

bites

[quote]AnthonyLovesU wrote:

Late last summer I had a nest. They decided the would build one in my window. They get in the house every way they can…as you know…I had a window unit AC in my bedroom though so it was particularly bad there. My girlfriend despises ANY and all light while she sleeps so on top of both blinds, she hangs little blankets. Well, without us knowing, between these blankets and the blinds there were HUNDREDS of em. Like, piled on top of each other and shit.

I found em while going to take out the AC unit. I kinda jump back like WHOA! If you disturb the bastards they go crazy though so i played it cool. While formulating a plan to attack this, my girl and my mother come up with the bright idea to vacuum the motha fuckers. So, hundreds and hundreds of stink bugs are spinning around a vacuum canister spraying the shit out of each other and I go running upstairs like FFFFF FUUUUUUUUUUUUU–

Dumbest. Idea. Ever.

I’ve been sprayed by a skunk and I really don’t know what was worse[/quote]

They actually recommend the vacuum as the best way to dispose of the little motherfuckers. I found hundreds dead lodged in the crack between the doors to my shed. Disgusting. The like cracks a lot.

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
What are midges?[/quote]

Take your average american mosquito, shrink it by about, oh I dunno x 5 say, and then multiply its numbers by about 100,000 and imagine it swarming over your face, arms, neck…anywhere it can get to moist skin or sweat. Oh and then of course biting you. Well not all of them bite but the ones we’re complaining about on this thread do. ;p

Some people, the lucky ones, seem to escape with only annoyance. I’ve seen other dudes wake up during camping or fishing trips though like they’d slept in a giant hornet’s nest. Midges can be so bad they can actually completely ruin an ill-prepared trip.
[/quote]

That right there is a reason to move and abandon the country to them.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
What are midges?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And miss out on all this awesome rain and snow year round? Neva!!! =P

In truth - if it wasn’t for awesome Scottish folk and stunning scenery, I would head back to the States.

But anyway, back to Stink bugs! :wink:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
What are midges?[/quote]

Only the best fly-fishing bait EVER!!![/quote]

you must be a very keen eyed angler, if you can get a midge on the end of a line, they are absolutely tiny. Tiny, but made up of almost nothing but teeth and blood sucking ability.

I’m starting to scratch just thinking about them

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
What are midges?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And miss out on all this awesome rain and snow year round? Neva!!! =P

In truth - if it wasn’t for awesome Scottish folk and stunning scenery, I would head back to the States.

But anyway, back to Stink bugs! ;)[/quote]

theres no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes- Billy Connolly

anyway, as Stern says, sorry, back to stinkbugs

[quote]AnthonyLovesU wrote:

Dumbest. Idea. Ever.

I’ve been sprayed by a skunk and I really don’t know what was worse[/quote]

They actually recommend the vacuum as the best way to dispose of the little motherfuckers. I found hundreds dead lodged in the crack between the doors to my shed. Disgusting. The like cracks a lot. [/quote]

I can tell you first hand, that shit is not logical lol. I would advise against it. Then again, maybe it was the type of vacuum? I’d imagine one with a bag wouldn’t be a bad idea. The kind we have is one of those cyclone shits that just swirls everything around. It was a funny site to be hold though…kind of a stink bug blender. In any case, I couldn’t sleep in my bedroom for two days.

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
What are midges?[/quote]

Only the best fly-fishing bait EVER!!![/quote]

you must be a very keen eyed angler, if you can get a midge on the end of a line, they are absolutely tiny. Tiny, but made up of almost nothing but teeth and blood sucking ability.

[/quote]

Maybe I’m that good and maybe you don’t know much about fly fishing.

http://www.midcurrent.com/articles/flies/oswald_midges_in_paradise.aspx