Stimulus to Fatigue Ratio w/ Mike Israetel & Paul Carter

This would appear to be where you and I will have to agree 5o disagree

Too much blow back on criticizing CT in that regards.

I believe one if his parents is a psychiatrist.
Far as I know hes the only guy out there really pushing the conceptā€¦

Even people giving ā€œfreeā€ advice are typically setting themselves up for business in the future.

Yeah ā€¦very good point.

Because Paul comes off like an absolute bag of dicks.

9 Likes

Not that Iā€™m a huge fan of Jamie, but Paul made ChaosandBang podcast unlistenable talking over people and constantly having to be in the right.

1 Like

I know some kinky indviduals who like bags of dicksā€¦

Maybe I am taking that out of context :thinking:

2 Likes

Lol yeah I remember him bashing on CT in one one episode hard. Next thing you know they collaborate on a book.

I want to make a joke, but now Iā€™m just curious where they find the bags

1 Like

Certain people will overlook a lot of things in their pursuit of the almighty buck.

As to the wonderfully colorful description used (referring to a bag ofā€¦), I just have to laugh - and yes, I actually did, out loud! - Iā€™ve never understood how some people think creating an unfriendly, downright off-putting public persona will benefit them in the long run. I routinely get frustrated with students I teach, and even people I email or converse with online,ā€¦ but is it really so difficult to behave yourself?

When I first got serious in the sport, an older competitor I respected told me that ā€œyou are your own brand.ā€ Plenty of people will resent and dislike you for your accomplishments anyway, so why give them additional reasons like making yourself look like a clown online? :confused:

S

5 Likes

In the old days, it was drilled into you that if you want to grow you need to go to failure. The aim was the Arnie quiver:

PC is probably from the same school and these ideas are hard to let go of. I have seen it work PC would have seen it work everyday for decades. Most people you see not working like this are not getting results.

But I donā€™t doubt that the other way works as well when implemented with intent and focus. Itā€™s just that alot of the time the people training that way are half assing it

Geez Dr Mike had become huge and shredded since I last saw him :astonished:

Yeah, thatā€™s why I appreciate people like Wendler. All his stuff is consistent, ainā€™t no 180Āŗ shifts in his general training philosophy.

Since weā€™re on the subjects, woudnā€™t it be hilarious if Mark Rippetoe would start writing about how single leg work is actually superior to barbell squats?

1 Like

What happened with Paul Carter? He was gone before I joined the site. Iā€™m just kind of curious about what events led to his departure.

Read this thread, it started here :

2 Likes

Letā€™s just say to many his disproportionate ego and lack of professionalism kind of put a bad taste in many mouths.

1 Like

Finishing breakfast, and I just looked back over that old threadā€¦ wow -lol.

S

2 Likes

Does anyone know what thread Greg Nuckols showed up on? Iā€™d love to have read his responses.

It was the one posted above by @jibb, pretty sure his username was gnuckols if you can be bothered searchingā€¦

EDIT: nope, was this one:

1 Like

Thanks man.

Paul comes off terribly in this one too.

1 Like

Hahaha, exactly what I am talking about. I thought I was the only one annoyed by him, but boy was I wrong. Itā€™ll get to a point where he sees it affect his dollar and eventually come around in a different capacity or medium, with his tail between his legs. Itā€™s happened before. They treat their followers with distain, then when their forum collapses, they become guest writers or podcasters with a new personality.