Stimulating Appetite

I have seen some products on the market like “Black Hole” which claims to make you hungrier.

Does anyone have any tips for stimulating the appetite?

[quote]Jbott1988 wrote:

I have seen some products on the market like “Black Hole” which claims to make you hungrier.

Does anyone have any tips for stimulating the appetite?[/quote]

How many calories are you eating/trying to eat?

I envy those with low appetite I am always hungry. I have already eaten 70% of my daily calories.

For appetite GHRP helps.

Eat as much as you can immediately upon waking

You’ll be hungry the rest of the day

Worked for me at least

cycling eating more/exercising more w/ eating less/exercising less

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:
cycling eating more/exercising more w/ eating less/exercising less[/quote]

can you reccomend any literature on this?

I seem to hit a block of about 4000 cals a day (clean) where appetitie drastically drops off. Ive been getting by for the past 6 months with 2 refeed cheat windows a week of anything goes. Pizzas, burgers, icecream ect.

I find if i increase my conditiong my appetitie ramps up but its tough a find a balance where it doesnt effect my metabolism TOO much to be beneficial.

Live in CO/WA?

[quote]akmcsnarfy wrote:
Live in CO/WA?[/quote]

I live in canada, what are you thinking?

[quote]Jbott1988 wrote:

I seem to hit a block of about 4000 cals a day (clean) where appetitie drastically drops off. Ive been getting by for the past 6 months with 2 refeed cheat windows a week of anything goes. Pizzas, burgers, icecream ect.

I find if i increase my conditiong my appetitie ramps up but its tough a find a balance where it doesnt effect my metabolism TOO much to be beneficial.
[/quote]

What are your stats? Are you not making progress?

[quote]Jbott1988 wrote:
I live in canada, what are you thinking?[/quote]

Well I was just wondering because the Vitamin Shoppes I’ve been to in CO and WA I’ve been to normally have good diet supps but I guess Canada would too.

[quote]Jbott1988 wrote:

[/quote]

Jade Teta has a couple articles on here and a blog out there.

end your workout with a high volume finisher like edt, fst-7, complexes etc

I would say if your serious about stimulating appetite. Do these in order until your fixed :wink:

1. On your cheat days eat for 12 hours. Dont make yourself sick. Then STOP. Fast for 36-40 hours. (Example you eat all day Sunday. 12noon to 12am. Not at all Monday maybe do some thing not too taxing on nervous system (suggest bodyweight exercises) - have some water and green tea. (I dont drink coffee but if that’s your preference - Go for it!) Then go back to how eating Tuesday.

2. Intermittent fasting - to start suggest fast whole day. Then if dont already know eat 8hrs - fast 16. Train in fasted state. Break it with post workout shake. Example 5pm to 1am seems to work well for most. (Do this for 1 to two weeks)

3. Maybe your diet is boring. No one likes a stale personality. So dont let what u eat become boring either. Try adding more flavor. Sautee your veggies if not already and add some spices like basil, parsley or oregano. Well if that’s what your diet has become then suggest adding one recipe or two a week - just something that has flavor and causes u to salivate a bit in anticipation. John Berardis 5 min gourmet meals is a good way to get started. On a app called Scribd if u dont want to purchase atm.

4. As suggested above. Look at your diet. Are u taking a good fish oil or a ransid one? Maybe need more fruits. Cycle your macros. Are u taking Same calories days u lift? Thats okay. But what about on the days u dont? Or maybe increase fats and lower the carbs to aid in hormone reproduction. Setup to where doing more on days u lift (maybe time to man up! And increase weight dramatically - maybe gotten in a rut) or decrease rest periods.

5.Finally your body is personal to u. Your ethnicity, if raised in the south vs north etc all have contributing factors. (In otherwords - you know how u like it :wink: so Listen to that body u carry around! This has been preached a lot, just about everywhere. Your diet plan or logic may say eat some more chicken. Well your body may not want the chicken! Maybe it wants a steak cooked rare with onions and a few eggs over medium. Ignore these signals long enough then your body is going to say screw it! - he’s not listening and will be like trying to wake a hibernating bear (which I dont suggest doing by the way…)

So when your body says I want fish. Try to listen to it. If it says I want a whole cheesecake. Ugh use caution ha ha but even Arnold would slam one down (happen to be my favorite) so…if it wants something sweet maybe could do a protein shake recipe with some stevia instead. I would say learn to recognize actual bodily wants vs psychological wants which say hey I want some comfort food.

No number? - no this has no number - although it is just as important. the last is (if not already - PS which case u should be) go take a girl out or if your married, girlfriend etc. Nice dinner however u like it precooked - basically just go get it on!

If none of these work u may be depressed in which case u may want to consider seeing a doc.

Anyway plant the seed as they say and give these a do and let us know or me (ya know since I wrote it) :wink:

[quote]SmearyToast wrote:
I would say if your serious about stimulating appetite. Do these in order until your fixed :wink:

1. On your cheat days eat for 12 hours. Dont make yourself sick. Then STOP. Fast for 36-40 hours. (Example you eat all day Sunday. 12noon to 12am. Not at all Monday maybe do some thing not too taxing on nervous system (suggest bodyweight exercises) - have some water and green tea. (I dont drink coffee but if that’s your preference - Go for it!) Then go back to how eating Tuesday.

2. Intermittent fasting - to start suggest fast whole day. Then if dont already know eat 8hrs - fast 16. Train in fasted state. Break it with post workout shake. Example 5pm to 1am seems to work well for most. (Do this for 1 to two weeks)

3. Maybe your diet is boring. No one likes a stale personality. So dont let what u eat become boring either. Try adding more flavor. Sautee your veggies if not already and add some spices like basil, parsley or oregano. Well if that’s what your diet has become then suggest adding one recipe or two a week - just something that has flavor and causes u to salivate a bit in anticipation. John Berardis 5 min gourmet meals is a good way to get started. On a app called Scribd if u dont want to purchase atm.

4. As suggested above. Look at your diet. Are u taking a good fish oil or a ransid one? Maybe need more fruits. Cycle your macros. Are u taking Same calories days u lift? Thats okay. But what about on the days u dont? Or maybe increase fats and lower the carbs to aid in hormone reproduction. Setup to where doing more on days u lift (maybe time to man up! And increase weight dramatically - maybe gotten in a rut) or decrease rest periods.

5.Finally your body is personal to u. Your ethnicity, if raised in the south vs north etc all have contributing factors. (In otherwords - you know how u like it :wink: so Listen to that body u carry around! This has been preached a lot, just about everywhere. Your diet plan or logic may say eat some more chicken. Well your body may not want the chicken! Maybe it wants a steak cooked rare with onions and a few eggs over medium. Ignore these signals long enough then your body is going to say screw it! - he’s not listening and will be like trying to wake a hibernating bear (which I dont suggest doing by the way…)

So when your body says I want fish. Try to listen to it. If it says I want a whole cheesecake. Ugh use caution ha ha but even Arnold would slam one down (happen to be my favorite) so…if it wants something sweet maybe could do a protein shake recipe with some stevia instead. I would say learn to recognize actual bodily wants vs psychological wants which say hey I want some comfort food.

No number? - no this has no number - although it is just as important. the last is (if not already - PS which case u should be) go take a girl out or if your married, girlfriend etc. Nice dinner however u like it precooked - basically just go get it on!

If none of these work u may be depressed in which case u may want to consider seeing a doc.

Anyway plant the seed as they say and give these a do and let us know or me (ya know since I wrote it) :wink:
[/quote]

wut

[quote]Iron_Made wrote:

[quote]SmearyToast wrote:

[/quote]

wut[/quote]

Purple! Your aura is purple!

[quote]Jbott1988 wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for stimulating the appetite?[/quote]
Learn to cook better.