Still Making Gains with 30-10-30, But Changed a Few Things

I went for a while without the initial 30, so I could use more weight. It was fine.
I was doing one pre-exhaust set for Legs, chest and back. Leg ext, fly or pec deck, pullover.
It was fine for a while.
Decided next to just do 30-10-30 without the pre-exhaust again. I dunno why but it felt better and there was more muscular exhaustion.
Low on the platform leg press.
narrow grip pulldown
machine chest press
Row
machine shoulder press
Leg curl
slight incline DB curl
Cable standing overhead triceps ext
Sometimes lateral raises
Ab crunch machine
Worked fine.
Yesterday however I couldn’t use the leg press that I normally use. Full view of a clock so I could time my 30 second negative. Some machines or area I can’t see a clock and wing it.
This is what I did instead.
I have an interval timer on my phone
I set in my earbuds. Started a program that allow for a timer in my ear. Set it for three 30 second rounds. That is what I had to come up with.
I did the 30-second initial negative. It gives me a 3-second countdown when time is done. For the reps part, I didn’t count reps. I just repped out for 30 seconds. If at the 3-second count down I was mid-rep, I just made it so I was in position at the end of 30 seconds of repping, that I could begin the last 30-second negative.
I think it made a world of difference. What I think was happening was that when it started to get tough, I probably sped up the counting in my head, making the 30 seconds a little or maybe quite a bit less. you know, 20…21…22…23…24…25.26.27.28/29/30.

Yesterday as well I did lateral raises, curls and tri ext differently.
40 seconds work, 30 seconds rest for 5 sets. It was something Thibs wrote about and I had a little fire left. Maybe have been a bit too much for yesterday but occasional overreach is OK.
I am craving to go heavier, so when I fail to respond for a week or so I will do a strength based period.