Still Feeling Depressed/Low Libido on TRT

Not all creams are made equal, Empower has consistency. It can take several months to dial-in your TRT protocol, injection frequency is key to some members feeling good.

This is the third day of my second week on 150 rather than 200 per week. No noticeable changes so far. My hematocrit was slightly high last checkup on 200/week, not sure if that could account for any of it. Thinking about injecting something like 75 twice a week if I donā€™t feel any different next week.

@tom8950
If you donā€™t wait at least 6 weeks after making a change youā€™ll never know what effect that change actually has. Youā€™re falling into the no patience TRT mindset which usually ends up with your thread being 1000+ posts and still trying to figure out why you donā€™t feel good. Waiting 6 weeks sucks. For me it takes 8 weeks to start feeling better after a change. It took me a lot of wasted time not feeling right to figure that out. Hopefully you learn from others mistakes quicker than I did.

2 Likes

Same for meā€¦ it takes 7-8 weeks. Sucks, but is better than changing something every 3-4 weeks over and over and never finding out how itā€™s really going to work for you.

3 Likes

Me as well. I just increased my dose about 2 weeks ago and lost my libido almost completely. Itā€™s been creeping back slowly, but Iā€™m riding it out. Today itā€™s been a lot better.

1 Like

What did you change from/to

Everyone says that arimidex should be cut and used less than the 1 mg they gave me but the bottle says not to cut it, does anyone know if there are some types of pills you can cut or do they just say that for no reason?

I went from 160 to 220mg/week. Libido is almost back to where it was on 160, which was borderline too high, haha

Mind if I ask why you increased it to that

Mainly just an experiment. Iā€™m definitely above natural levels on that dose. Iā€™m about 6 weeks in, and honestly I donā€™t notice much of a difference besides a small reduction in libido and energy. I started strength training at the time I switched doses, and that is going very well, but I donā€™t have a comparison to how that was going on 160mg.

I went from 200 mg to 150 for the past 5 weeks now I think, both I felt different positive and negative effects. Definitely a lot more agitated with higher everyday stress but somewhat less libido on 200. On 150 so far I have a few days with a noticeable libido but not like when I first started on 100/biweekly, less angry and irritated but also more existential stress like fear of job loss etc. makes the whole thing that much harder to find the correct dose :confused:

Iā€™ve been dosing EOD and it keeps my mood very stable. You just reminded me that on 220mg my mood has been awesome. Just level headed all the time. Granted, Iā€™m at a pretty stable point in my life right now, which can obviously change pretty quickly these days.

Do you use an insulin needle to do eod? Also does your bottle also say not to reuse more than once like mine

And how much arimidex are you taking on your current protocol?

I was taking 1 mg every other day as prescribed but this last week I only took one the day before my shot to see if less helped

I think 3.5g arimidex per week is way too much for you as @hardartery already pointed out 5 weeks ago

Iā€™ve on read on more than a few accounts how guyā€™s improved going to higher frequency dosing. Like EOD. Of course, you have to wait the 8 weeks before switching up, if you do.

Well thereā€™s your problem, that is an insane amount. Throw it in the trash

2 Likes

Hi Tom

I hope you feel better soon

So when you say biweekly you mean once every 2 weeks?

And youā€™re currently injecting 150mg test once every 7 days?

What is your weight/height?

From the information you have provided so far if I was you I would completely stop using the Ai and I would start injecting 90-100mg once every 5 days if I was you, Thatā€™s every 5 x 24 hours, I would think about it but Iā€™m predicting after consideration I would probably settle on 90mg to begin with. then after 6-8 weeks review blood/symptoms

But thatā€™s just me, thatā€™s just what I would do, if I was you. Iā€™m just a layman, Do some research, the final decision is yours alone

Yes. Insulin needle. I use a 5/8ā€ to make sure I get past the fat in my arm.

My vial is a multi use vial and just says to discard after 1 month.