Still a Virgin

I want the most sincere advice from those who succesfully advanced their physique and performance through steroids. I’m 20 years old, 6 2, 225lbs, low body fat, I have made tremendous progress in the last 4 years using principles on this site, size and strength have shot through the roof, eating a lot (following a good diet), and lifting (heavy days, light days) powerstrength routines.

Lately though progress has come to a standstill, I’m 25 lbs shy of my wieght goal, 50 lbs from breaking 400lbs bench ( a 4 year main goal of my whole training routine) I’ve changed up my training, ate more (high quality), changed, and changed, but no progress, don’t get me wrong I am very happy where I am, I am built, good strength, but I urge for more, and seems like I am just all to ready to step up to the big league. Should I hold out and keep busting ass for little or no reward, or finally score. Opinions and cycle suggestions would be appreciated.

Some guys are going to tell you you’re too young, others are going to say seize the day but if your really serious about starting AAS then I would recommend spending ALOT of time researching on this site and others to learn the basics and what the risks are especially starting at 20 and be able to figure out what you basically want to do for a cycle and then come here and talk to the guys here. Sounds like your doing awesome though!! Im hoping to be in your position in about a year at around 200lbs and 5’7". Good luck man.

That is your decision. Don’t let anyone make it for you.

The only thing I can possibly point out is that you might not be done growing yet. I’m 6’2 also and to be honest if I thought I had a shot at being 6’3 or 6’4 and as handsome as I am now I might hold off on the juicing.LOL ;-0

[quote]allout wrote:
I want the most sincere advice from those who succesfully advanced their physique and performance through steroids. I’m 20 years old, 6 2, 225lbs, low body fat, I have made tremendous progress in the last 4 years using principles on this site, size and strength have shot through the roof, eating a lot (following a good diet), and lifting (heavy days, light days) powerstrength routines.

Lately though progress has come to a standstill, I’m 25 lbs shy of my wieght goal, 50 lbs from breaking 400lbs bench ( a 4 year main goal of my whole training routine) I’ve changed up my training, ate more (high quality), changed, and changed, but no progress, don’t get me wrong I am very happy where I am, I am built, good strength, but I urge for more, and seems like I am just all to ready to step up to the big league. Should I hold out and keep busting ass for little or no reward, or finally score. Opinions and cycle suggestions would be appreciated.[/quote]

Bro, if you’re just a recreational bber, then I’d say hold off for a few more years, but if you’re looking to step onstage here soon, then maybe AAS aren’t such a bad idea.
I started around your age, and I sometimes second guess whether it was the right choice to make.
The bottom line is to think this through very thoroughly and then make an educated decision.

MK

When I first read your post I thought it was going to be easy to answer, however it’s not nearly as straight forward as it seems. I have to say you seem to have your act together better than most at your age. It’s clear to me that your beyond a causal interest in “looking good”.

However, I think there are just too many compelling reasons to postpone your use of AAS. Many of them relate, of course, to both the short and long term physical effects of starting at an early age. Furthermore, I’d guess that there are still many areas to explore in terms of progress: be it nutritional, training, psychological. I know after almost 20 years I’m still learning every day.

Now, I’ll admit that you attain a large percentage of your gains within several years of consistent, intelligent training and diet. However, exploring other techniques can only give you greater breadth and depth of knowledge and experience to draw on once you do begin AAS use. The exception would be, as Mike said, if you are thinking of taking on competitive bodybuilding–but that’s a huge commitment.

Anyway, if you do decide to use AAS, I’d suggest you read as much as possible here and at other “anabolic” boards. read posts, respond, ask questions. I also highly recommend you buy a copy of the new Anabolics 2005.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

Crowbar

All the feedback has been much appreciated, I have read some of your guy’s posts on cycles and steroid related topics, you guys seem to know your stuff, I would ask if you have any regrets about your choice to chemically enchance your training, but I’m almost certain the reply would be an overall no. I am currently taking a short break from intense training due to a collar bone injury, which is driving me crazy (I just love to train), I’m hoping to get back in with my body rested and get bigger and stronger, for now I’m still undecided about AAS, it just drive me nuts when I know I could be 8-10 weeks away from a sport specific, competitive physique and more importantly to me, superior strength. So I leave for now with one question, what has been the biggest draw back in your AAS practice? This question is for all with high expetise on this subject.

The illegality.

You’ve done great so far but now you’re stuck. So was I when I tried the “Westside” side of training. I was surprised at the gains I made and I’m an old fart at 46!! I think you can make ttremendous gains using that system.

Your long term goal is bench 400lbs. What about squat and deadlift? Do you do those on a regular basis? I don’t mean once a month but every week! If you don’t that could hold you back. Squat and DL will strengthen the whole body so your bench will improve.

Regarding AAS… If you’re not competing…Wait

Try “Westside” for a while and then re-evaluate your situation.

P-22 and I have always got flack for our decisions. Some have even went as far as calling us “cheaters”. But like he said, in the end of things, it’s YOUR decision. What are your morals? What do you value? What are your long term goals?

In the same respect, no one will shove a pill down your throat, or try to stab you with a needle. Do what you want. Just make sure you do enough research before you commit yourself to ANYTHING…

…here’s one thought for the day: make sure you think about how you’re going to STOP your cycle(s), and not how or when you’re going to START it. Good luck.

[quote]Mr. Moose wrote:
You’ve done great so far but now you’re stuck. So was I when I tried the “Westside” side of training. I was surprised at the gains I made and I’m an old fart at 46!! I think you can make ttremendous gains using that system.

Your long term goal is bench 400lbs. What about squat and deadlift? Do you do those on a regular basis? I don’t mean once a month but every week! If you don’t that could hold you back. Squat and DL will strengthen the whole body so your bench will improve.

Regarding AAS… If you’re not competing…Wait

Try “Westside” for a while and then re-evaluate your situation.[/quote]

My training style has always surrounded the big three, I obsess over the bench though.

[quote]Quest4Mass wrote:
P-22 and I have always got flack for our decisions. Some have even went as far as calling us “cheaters”. But like he said, in the end of things, it’s YOUR decision. What are your morals? What do you value? What are your long term goals?

In the same respect, no one will shove a pill down your throat, or try to stab you with a needle. Do what you want. Just make sure you do enough research before you commit yourself to ANYTHING…

…here’s one thought for the day: make sure you think about how you’re going to STOP your cycle(s), and not how or when you’re going to START it. Good luck.[/quote]

I respect you and P22 for your comments. I know there are a thousand worse things then steroids. Hell, if you don’t abuse them, will they really hurt you? It all depends on the person, IMO. Also, you and P22 seem to be pretty level headed and very informative. Good job, guys :slight_smile:

The truth of it is, I had no clue on this subject a couple years ago, I thought juice was cheating, trash, something that would lead to horrible side effects and extreme roid rage, and the only people taking it were underground freaks, no way would a geneticly gifted IFBB pro go near that stuff. Then I looked into it, really looked into, I was shocked, it turned out to be a must, if you wanted to go anywhere near a stage, and the outrageous amounts of gear that these guys pumped through thier bodies, and the post on this site about how Aspirin and Test where compared health wise, where aspirin turned out be a thousand times more harmfull then test. Sometimes, I tell myself, just do it dude, stop bieng a pussy. Only time will tell, if I found an MD to watch over me during a cycle, it would be a no brainer, anybody lucky enough to have that.