Still a Fat Man in a Little Coat

Took me a while to realize the other thread got filled up, lol.

I need to see some of these amazing threads you guys are talking about. What sections are they in?

[quote]Joweeee wrote:
Took me a while to realize the other thread got filled up, lol.

I need to see some of these amazing threads you guys are talking about. What sections are they in?[/quote]

Joweeee! Early to bed, early to rise, you must be healthy, wealthy, and wise!

Check out the 2 threads about some BB dude named Max Charles in the BB forum. Classic stuff.

My god, I just read multiple threads where this guy Prof X ends up just posting 1000 replies, does he not have anything else to do? lol. I think I hate him already.

I read very few threads outside of here and the PW area. But the ones I have read often make me think of a story I read in grade school called “The Lottery” by Shirley Jackson. Just how people like to randomly slam others and feed the id portion of their identity.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I read very few threads outside of here and the PW area. But the ones I have read often make me think of a story I read in grade school called “The Lottery” by Shirley Jackson. Just how people like to randomly slam others and feed the id portion of their identity.[/quote]

My favorite book title (not the book itself) is called “The Gods Themselves” by Isaac Asimov. Asimov was taking a quote from the German philosopher Schiller: “Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.”

(…back to the benefits of the reverse bench, which relates specifically to the T-Nation article of the day…)

MM, I don’t think the author is familiar with the reverse bench, maybe you should post a video in the discussion. As an example of how to bench with supination, and thus avoid internal rotation of the shoulders.

[quote]Joweeee wrote:
My god, I just read multiple threads where this guy Prof X ends up just posting 1000 replies, does he not have anything else to do? lol. I think I hate him already.[/quote]

Shhhhh. Tread lightly young man or you risk his wrath. He sees all and hears all.

[quote]Joweeee wrote:
My god, I just read multiple threads where this guy Prof X ends up just posting 1000 replies, does he not have anything else to do? lol. I think I hate him already.[/quote]

Ssshhh. Be careful. He hunts down users of his name, looking for new victims to feed his ego…

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:

[quote]Joweeee wrote:

Ssshhh. Be careful. He hunts down users of his name, looking for new victims to feed his ego…[/quote]

PLEASE GOD NOOO!!!

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I read very few threads outside of here and the PW area. .[/quote]

That what im trying to do now. Ive stopped posting other then in here. Let the Meat man deal with all the stupid crap.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]Joweeee wrote:

Shhhhh. Tread lightly young man or you risk his wrath. He sees all and hears all.[/quote]

Fear the post count LOL. too bad there isn’t a competition for that. internet warriors may just have something to compete in finally.

[quote]ronin0352 wrote:
Congrats on the PR man, that’s huge. [/quote]

thank you and thanks for stopping in!!

[quote]punnyguy wrote:

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:
DUDE. why do you even venture out into the other forums at all? It is like hitting your head against a wall and then when you stop hitting your head you like that is does not hurt anymore.

This site is way over sensitive and delusional (besides this forum)

This last read on 1000 pd deads for reps just put the final nail in the coffin for me. Wow.

Btw your bench press is a reverse grip with elbow sleeves and you toched your chest. not a real lift! (sarcasm)

[/quote]

what can i say… i was bored today:) also, sometimes i just can’t take the bullshit that gets spewed around. it far and few between though.
[/quote]

Fischer is right -“delusional” is spot on.

But you definitely pulled the trump card with your final comment though.

And that hungry4more kid is a very strong and very smart kid; he is definitely going places.[/quote]

it’s his kryptonite. all you have to mention is either his epic bulk that’s gone on for a decade or the lack of never competing in anything.

10-7-10 Squats - Week 3, Wave 2

Squats
6x135
4x225
1x315
1x405
0x475

Leg Press
8x8 plates
8x10 p
8x12 p

Thats it. We got started pretty late and needed to get out of there. My 475 was close, I thought I would grind it out… really thought I was gonna get that weight, but oh well. We are going to skip our military day, and just do deadlift/bench/squat and hit openers next week, then rest the following. Should be plenty rested for the competition. I will have to readjust what I thought my attempts would be, 2nd attempt will probably be 470 assuming I feel good that day.

Got home last night and loren had dinner going and we ate and went to bed so I didn’t get around to uploading our videos, so I will do that tonight when I get home. I’m not afraid to put up my failures! lol. I did hit my head pretty hard coming down since I went backwards and the bar hit the safety pins then my head bounced off it.

Just got home… uploading vids…

Here is scott’s 635

Here is my 475 miss… hit my noggin pretty hard, haha.

Joweee,

You have to love not being afraid to fail in a gym with people around, How many folks have you seen just repping the same safe weight day in day out. Nice try though.

skwatts. this was actually last night’s session. i was going to follow 5/3/1 but decided to just work up to a weight that would be a good opener on squat.

warmup
0x10
135x6
225x6
315x4
405x1
545x1
600x1- this was the plan for my opener but it felt really light.
635x1- felt very solid. the band work has paid off. my acceleration out of the hole was unblieveable tonight.

that was it for the night. deads sunday and then next week will be a week of working up to openers and then a week to rest.

Ouchie. I love your deep squats, though, Jowee.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Ouchie. I love your deep squats, though, Jowee.[/quote]

He totally rocks with the down part. Up needs work. On the bright side, depth kicked ass. We’ve all had those ones. I’ve bounced weight off the back of my head too but only 285.

I think the woman in the background was thinking sassy inappropriate thoughts. I just thought I’d point that out.

Hey scott, was looking at all the assistance ideas in the 5/3/1 book, and was wondering what you want to do after the competition. Boring but big got pretty boring pretty fast I thought, haha.

I really like the look of a couple of them…

The Triumvirate:

Military 5/3/1
Dips
Chin-ups

Deadlift 5/3/1
Good Morning
Leg Raises

Bench Press 5/3/1
DB Bench Press
DB Row

Squats 5/3/1
Leg Press
Leg Curl

I think I like the Periodization Bible by dave tate the most though…

Military 5/3/1
Shoulders or Chest (DB flat/incline, DB seated press, dips, pushups… etc)
Lats or Upper Back (Rows, Chins, face pulls, shrugs… )
Triceps (pushdowns or extensions…)

Deadlift 5/3/1
Hamstrings (GHR, leg curls, etc…)
Quads (leg press, lunges, hack squats…)
Abs

Bench 5/3/1
Shoulders or chest
Lats or Upper back
Triceps

Squat 5/3/1
Lower back (back raise, good morning, reverse hyper(wish we had this…)
Quads (leg press, hack squats, lunges…)
Abs

I think that second one looks like a pretty awesome template to follow, and would be pretty fun. It looks like he recommends 5 sets of 10-20 reps on pretty much all assistance stuff…

What ya think?

10-10-10 Deadlifts - Testing openers - 2 weeks out from competition.

Conventional Deadlifts
8x135
4x225
2x315
1x405
1x495
1x550

*Superset
Good Mornings / Leg Raises
10x135 / 10xBW
10x155 / 12xBW
10x155

*Superset
Machine Abs / Hyperextensions
2 sets 20 reps / 2 sets BW 20 reps

Curls
2 sets one dumbell one cable…

Just worked up to 550 today and that was it. Didn’t feel quite as fast as it should, but I think after I rest up I will make 550 look like a speed pull. I hit 545 against the bands last week, and that was much harder. 550 will be my opener. After the competition I’ll get back to doing more accessory work.

This was suppose to be our deload week but we are taking off next week before the competition. It’s right on when I feel I need the deload, probably since we were pushing pretty heavy this cycle. After the competition I will drop my maxes some and start progressing slowly on 5/3/1. Hitting rep PR’s is pretty fun. :slight_smile: