Still a Fat Man in a Little Coat

Meat, I am looking at the 19th of March, same meet director, different venue. Just got the details in an email this weekend.

Meat, I am looking at the 19th of March, same meet director, different venue. Just got the details in an email this weekend.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
i’m think’n we should also have a calendar of the “pretty” mugs of the men in the “over 35” forum.

here’s my mug… ain’t i purdy??[/quote]

You got a purdy mouth.

400 Internets for the cool beanie!

i think we need a Powerful Women pin up calendar. i fancy myself a good photographer.
[/quote]

Kimba and I already posted pics. For the holiday. Just showing our feminine side.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

i think we need a Powerful Women pin up calendar. i fancy myself a good photographer.
[/quote]

Kimba and I already posted pics. For the holiday. Just showing our feminine side.[/quote]

late to the party as always.

now i will feel really weird posting my topless, thong pics.

nice posterior chain…:slight_smile:

Hey MM, if you get a moment would you give me you two cents on my horrible low back rounding on DL’s?

I’ve been working on it but I have some sort of disconnect somewhere.

Thanks

1-3-11 Squats - Week 1, Cycle 5

Back Squats
10xBar
8x135
3x225
5x295
5x340
6x385 +1 Rep PR

Standing Hack Squat
8x1 plate per side
8x2 p/s
8x3 p/s

That’s it last night. Just those two exercises were great though. We are at a different gym and they have that power squat machine thing that you can stand forward or backward and we did it normally so its like a hack squat… just hurt all over. :slight_smile:

Happy with that PR since I have only squatted once this past month due to being sick and the last cycle was box squats and the one before that zercher squats.

New gym opens up on thursday.

Joweeeeeeeeeeeee-

Your progress has been phenomenal over the past year or so. Great work, brother.

jowee can you get that squat vid up for me??

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Joweeeeeeeeeeeee-

Your progress has been phenomenal over the past year or so. Great work, brother.[/quote]

Thanks man. I feel it could be better but i suppose its normal to feel that way. I need to stop deciding to diet lol

jowee can you get that squat vid up for me??[/quote]

Hey scott i forgot to last night… ill get it up when i get home from work

skwatt night- we had to lift at an alternative gym until our new one opens. the “cage” they have there is the biggest piece of shit i’ve ever seen. it’s rickety and the designer should be donkey punched. the holes to put the bar supports in are too far apart so either the bar was way too low to get under or too high. i had to go up on my toes a little to get the bar off the uprights. also, the upright are almost horizontal and really short. on my first set i actually pulled the bar off the uprights just by tugging on it a little. basically it sucked the big one. needless to say, squatting in this piece of crap was hard.

squats
0x10
135x6
225x6
315x4

working sets
65%-410x5
75%-485x3
85%-535x1

585x1
635x1- everything about this set sucked. i had the hardest time getting the bar off the uprights, then after squatting it i had to get the bar back on them.

power squat machine

some x some

doesn’t seem like much but i felt like i got ran over after this.

skwatt night-

I’m a freaking MONSTER!!!

635x1- everything about this set was awesome[/quote]

Monstrously monstrous.

I can totally relate to the cage issues. One gym where I occasionally squat has really funky uprights. I lose my balance every time I unrack. And because the cage is extra wide, if I don’t line the bar up just right to re-rack, the weights hit the cage. There’s about 1/2 inch on each side. What’s up with that?

Nice work nonetheless with the shitty cage.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I can totally relate to the cage issues. One gym where I occasionally squat has really funky uprights. I lose my balance every time I unrack. And because the cage is extra wide, if I don’t line the bar up just right to re-rack, the weights hit the cage. There’s about 1/2 inch on each side. What’s up with that?

Nice work nonetheless with the shitty cage.[/quote]

That’s exactly how this one was. It was way too wide and made walking it out an extra pain in the ass. It was pretty funny though when scott pulled the bar off the hooks since they are almost horizontal. I almost did it too out of habit of kind of pulling myself under the bar…

New gym is open today. Really hoping they got some nice equipment. :slight_smile:

Same owner as our old gym, so he at least respects the powerlifter type training there, so I’m hoping he incorporates into the new gym, besides just getting all the fancy stuff and the cardio theatre. Although I may actually do some more cardio with that theatre. :smiley:

Edit: Next week I’m going to start doing some prowler pushing on some of my off days. There is a new warehouse powerlifting and strongman gym right next to my work that has a ton of stuff. Unfortunately it’s probably too far away from the other guys so we can all train there.

Edit 2: Actually after thinking about it… that warehouse gym is only like 5 min past the chantilly gym. Scott you said chantilly wasn’t a bad drive for you… would you wanna check out that warehouse place sometime? It would be such an awesome atmosphere to lift at, plus they have a TON of equipment that commercial gyms don’t.

I’m getting a little tingly in my pants just thinking about being able to train at that gym.

[quote]Joweeee wrote:

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

Nice work nonetheless with the shitty cage.[/quote]

That’s exactly how this one was. It was way too wide and made walking it out an extra pain in the ass. It was pretty funny though when scott pulled the bar off the hooks since they are almost horizontal. I almost did it too out of habit of kind of pulling myself under the bar…

New gym is open today. Really hoping they got some nice equipment. :slight_smile:

Same owner as our old gym, so he at least respects the powerlifter type training there, so I’m hoping he incorporates into the new gym, besides just getting all the fancy stuff and the cardio theatre. Although I may actually do some more cardio with that theatre. :smiley:

Edit: Next week I’m going to start doing some prowler pushing on some of my off days. There is a new warehouse powerlifting and strongman gym right next to my work that has a ton of stuff. Unfortunately it’s probably too far away from the other guys so we can all train there.

Edit 2: Actually after thinking about it… that warehouse gym is only like 5 min past the chantilly gym. Scott you said chantilly wasn’t a bad drive for you… would you wanna check out that warehouse place sometime? It would be such an awesome atmosphere to lift at, plus they have a TON of equipment that commercial gyms don’t.

I’m getting a little tingly in my pants just thinking about being able to train at that gym.[/quote]

bill said he saw on their website today that it won’t be open until friday now.

the new gym finally opened tonight. what a disappointment…the weight room is really small with no place to move around. there’s also no deadlift platform or even a space to do it. the owner was there and basically said that the free weight area was the least of his concerns. he bought a whole new set of machines that do the same damn thing as the old machines that are still there. i just don’t get it. the only way it could get more pathetic is if they actually design a machine that will actually lift ALL the weight for you.

the crew will be checking out a powerlifting gym this weekend. hopefully the trip isn’t too bad. I will NEVER go back to that “gym” again.

traing tonight… not even worth writing it up

the new gym finally opened tonight. what a disappointment…the weight room is really small with no place to move around. there’s also no deadlift platform or even a space to do it. the owner was there and basically said that the free weight area was the least of his concerns. he bought a whole new set of machines that do the same damn thing as the old machines that are still there. i just don’t get it. the only way it could get more pathetic is if they actually design a machine that will actually lift ALL the weight for you.

the crew will be checking out a powerlifting gym this weekend. hopefully the trip isn’t too bad. I will NEVER go back to that “gym” again.

traing tonight… not even worth writing it up

Jeebus, that sucks!! I was pissed when the one gym locked up the heavy dumbbells!!

Good luck with the PL gym!

come on, I want to see in your log that you did Cybex curls 5 sets of 15, then you and Jowee had a posedown…

hope the drive to the PL gym works for you guys. I find that when I man up and drive to my bb club, well I have made that extra commitment to perform well… plus good bench, good rack, good bars… equals PRs? waxin poetic here