T Nation

Stiff Legged Deadlifts

I did search, but wasn’t able to find what I was looking for. I’m getting ready to put together my last 4 weeks of Waterbury’s TBT. I was thinking about adding stiff legged deads. Would I do these as a leg exercise or a lower back exercise?

Hammies

Instead of replacing another leg exercise like squats, lunges, or step-ups for these, I guess they could be done as one of the single-joint exercises.

[quote]LarryJr wrote:
Instead of replacing another leg exercise like squats, lunges, or step-ups for these, I guess they could be done as one of the single-joint exercises.[/quote]

Maybe not replace-but add to
Do not think these are throw-offs, these can add some serious mass/strength to an oft undertrained area of the leg. Read up on them. Use PERFECT form. Go hard. Good luck walking out of the gym–especially 24 to 48 hours later.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Hammies[/quote]

And glutes.

[quote]bikemike wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Hammies

And glutes.[/quote]

I agree with you that glutes are worked, but would you not agree, depending on how you split your legs, that having to choose, you would pair SLD with hammies over glutes. I’m not trying to be confrontational, But am I on the right wavelength