Stiff Leg Deadlifts For Back W/O?

will stiff leg deadlifts be a good back workout for my back exersise?

Which part of your back?

SLDL’s will mainly hit your hamstrings, glutes and lower back.

If you lock your scapulae back, then you can feel it in your back, but I would still say no, it’s more a leg movement.

Deadlifts would be a better choice.

Be careful with those, or they will fuck up your back big time. It’s better to do Romanian deadlifts.

I don’t feel them in my lower back hardly at all. It’s all ass and hammies for me.

If you were going to add a deadlift exercise to your back workout, I’d just stick with regular deads (like someone else already said).

You can also change it up every so often by using rack-pulls, or deads from a deficit.

I started doing them to alleviate lower back strains. They have helped quite a bit by stretching out the posterier chain, hams, glutes, lower back. Plus, if you throw in a shrug at the top of the movement, your traps get some action too. Just make damn sure you keep your lower back straight and flat or you can really hose your back.

I started doing them to alleviate lower back strains. They have helped quite a bit by stretching out the posterier chain, hams, glutes, lower back. Plus, if you throw in a shrug at the top of the movement, your traps get some action too. Just make damn sure you keep your lower back straight and flat or you can really hose your back.

Do GM’s, do back extension, DO EVERYTHING. I thought Stiff leg would help my back but didn’t do shit for me. I can’t even do GM’s with just the bar without problems.

Do everything. GM’s(stiff legged or bent knee), Romanian Dead, Stiff Leg, Back extension, Deadlifts, Sumo Deads, Snatch Grip deads, and Squats of all kind. And make sure to lock out.