Sticking points and Changing rep ranges

I have two questions actually, sorry tryin not to hog your knowledge haha.

What would your best recommendation be for working on the sticking point of an exercises without a power rack to do pin presses, pin pulls or pin squats? I would think it would be the isomiometric method. But what would you say?

I’ve read that you can perform the same exercises and change the method used and still get results, so i was wondering if i could set out a program and change the rep ranges from 3x10, to 4x6, then to 7x3, i lowered the volume on each phase cause each would be more intense, could i keep the same exercises and get results just by change the rep and set range?

What would your best recommendation be for working on the sticking point of an exercises without a power rack to do pin presses, pin pulls or pin squats? I would think it would be the isomiometric method. But what would you say?

Yes it’s one good method. But a periodized approach would be better:

Weeks 1-2: isometric holds for max duration (45-60 seconds) using 50-60% of your max for 3-4 sets

Weeks 3-4: isometric holds for max duration (20-30 seconds) using 70-80% of your max for 5-6 sets

Weeks 5-6: partner-assisted max isomiometric: use a load that is 60-70% of your max. Lower the bar down to your sticking point. Then have a partner apply pressure on the bar (trying to push it down)for 3-5 seconds, you resist the pressure and as he release it you lift the bar explosively. You do this for 6-8 sets of 2 reps

You obviously don’t stop your regular exercises during this time, but do reduce the volume.

I’ve read that you can perform the same exercises and change the method used and still get results, so i was wondering if i could set out a program and change the rep ranges from 3x10, to 4x6, then to 7x3, i lowered the volume on each phase cause each would be more intense, could i keep the same exercises and get results just by change the rep and set range?

Probably, to a point. If you do this, a pendulum approach, as I described in earlier posts would be more beneficial as the type of stimulus has a much greater rate of variation.

As you’ve said before about changing rep ranges and methods of training, if you use a advanced method before you actually need to use it, it wont be as affective as it could be. It seems that the pendulum approach might be a little more advance since the stimulus changes every week, so i thought keep the rep range the same for 3 or 4 weeks then changing it could be beneficial before moving on to changeing it every week as the pendulum approach. So is the pendulum approach for advanced trainee’s or not?

pendulum is not a method … when I say that advanced methods should be used only when necessary I refer to specific applications of exercises (isometric pauses, isomiometric, accentuated eccentrics, this kind of stuff). The pendulum is basically a system or ideology. It can be adjusted to the needs of every level of athletes simply by using more or less advanced methods withing the program’s structure!

One last question then i’m done i promise. If i wanted to incorporate the max effort method every week which is what i consider doing a 5RM maximum or lower, how would i change the method every week to bring progress. I thought maybe this
Week 1- 5RM
week 2- 3RM
Week 3- cluster training

Any suggestions?
And i just want to thank you for answering my question you have been more beneficial to my training than any other person, thank you very much.

Looks very good. The only way to know for sure is to try it!