Stick to the Same Template for a Whole Year?

Hi. Actually I am doing Full Body template and my question is that, what do you think about stick to the same template for a whole year without changing assistance exercises but way to do them time to time?

I don’t recommend it.

Jim you don’t recommend stick with assistances? I pretty like full body template as it’s write in your book.

It seems to me that sticking with the same assistance for an entire year would be a recipe for boredom. Personally, I like to switch between BBB and Triumvirate about every 12 weeks or so.

[quote]RAWRER wrote:
Hi. Actually I am doing Full Body template and my question is that, what do you think about stick to the same template for a whole year without changing assistance exercises but way to do them time to time?[/quote]

I’m not totally sure about what you are asking but if its to keep the same assistance exercises for a year then it wont be a good idea.

You should be using assistance work to assist in increasing your main lift or strengthen weak areas. I don’t think you’d have a weak area for a year. You need to find the line between when a weak area is brought up to par vs changing it too soon before an adaption could occur. Same with using to assist your main lift, eventually it will do all it can to help and its time to throw a new exercise to assist the main lift in a different way.

Jim, how often would you suggest changing the assistance template?

[quote]John Henry wrote:

[quote]RAWRER wrote:
Hi. Actually I am doing Full Body template and my question is that, what do you think about stick to the same template for a whole year without changing assistance exercises but way to do them time to time?[/quote]

I’m not totally sure about what you are asking but if its to keep the same assistance exercises for a year then it wont be a good idea.

You should be using assistance work to assist in increasing your main lift or strengthen weak areas. I don’t think you’d have a weak area for a year. You need to find the line between when a weak area is brought up to par vs changing it too soon before an adaption could occur. Same with using to assist your main lift, eventually it will do all it can to help and its time to throw a new exercise to assist the main lift in a different way.
[/quote]

I just love training full body during every visit at the gym. I mean that, it’s fine to stick with same template and changing time to time, as you said for strengthen weak areas, assistance lifts but that changes will be done if it’s really necessary.

[quote]Mike Purnell wrote:
Jim, how often would you suggest changing the assistance template? [/quote]

Six week blocks - that is for the “hard” assistance. The other stupid shit (chins/rows) don’t matter.

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:

[quote]Mike Purnell wrote:
Jim, how often would you suggest changing the assistance template? [/quote]

Six week blocks - that is for the “hard” assistance. The other stupid shit (chins/rows) don’t matter. [/quote]

Perfect, thanks for the advice

Rawrer can you lay out your template for us?

[quote]casperthegst wrote:
Rawrer can you lay out your template for us? [/quote]

Monday
Squat - 5 x 40%, 5 x 50%, 5 x 60%
Deadlift - 5/3/1
DB Bench - 5 sets, 40 rep goal + Chins
Tricep - 3 sets

Wednesday
Squat - 5 x 40%, 5 x 50%, 5 x 60%
Bench Press - 5/3/1 + Chins
Dips - 100 rep total
Bicep - 3 sets

Friday
Squat - 5/3/1
Press - 5/3/1 + Chins
Kroc Row - 1 x max
Tricep + Bicep - 3 sets

Squat precentages in monday and wednesday are from first phase.