Stick of Chalk

This is a serious question, not a troll. I can see how it might come off as an obvious yes or an even more obvious “no way are you retarded?”
But I simply don’t know.

Can I just get a fat stick of chalk like what kids use to draw on the concrete, keep it in my pocket, and rub it on my hands before I lift? Or crush it up to powder and put it in a bag and bring? Mainly because it’d be easier and quicker to acquire than real WL chalk.

Please don’t yell at me if this is a really stupid idea… I have no idea whether or not WL chalk and kids chalk is any different. In my mind, they are the same.

I believe they’re not the same. Blackboard chalk doesn’t absorb any moisture like gym chalk. They’re made of different compounds if I remember correctly.

If you’re desperate, why not just give it a try and see how it goes?

Why don’t you just buy some fucking gym chalk?

Seriously, one pound for 12 bucks is a shit-ton of chalk.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=56

How would it be easier

[quote]illadelphia91 wrote:
I believe they’re not the same. Blackboard chalk doesn’t absorb any moisture like gym chalk. They’re made of different compounds if I remember correctly.

If you’re desperate, why not just give it a try and see how it goes?[/quote]

What he said.

You can indeed crush weightlifting chalk up into a powder and put it in a bag. I use a combination of a block of chalk and powdered chalk for ultimate dryness.

No. Writing chalk is calcium carbonate, weightlifting chalk is magnesium carbonate. Weightlifting chalk works better imo. Just order some, you can get like a 2 year supply for like 10 bucks practically.

they’re totally different man. lifting chalk is cheap as dirt too. check out elitefts.com

When i first started lifting i would use a stick of sidewalk chalk and it worked pretty good well as. It can be hard to get the chalk to come off on your hands if you don’t have rough callouses though; in which case you could score the chalk with a knife like you would with bow rosin.

Whenever I see someone asking questions like this, I always wonder what their house looks like…

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Whenever I see someone asking questions like this, I always wonder what their house looks like…[/quote]

Lolwut?

I tried this once. Worked better than nothing, but not NEARLY as well as lifting chalk does. And they’re about the same price, give or take…both ridiculously cheap.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Whenever I see someone asking questions like this, I always wonder what their house looks like…[/quote]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_kopi23sdSw1qz7l0ao1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1349279558&Signature=D9s5Yqqb7as88HghrTiZO4%2BrjDw%3D

And alright.
I actually just joined a gym yesterday with chalk provided, so no worries

My buddy swears by his pink crayola sidewalk chalk… i have no idea why, but he pulled 550 with it recently, so i wont question it lol

They are made of different compounds, but they work just about the same. the only difference is that WL chalk is softer, and gets stuck on everything. Sidewalk chalk has mostly the same properties, but is cheaper to buy, and you just have to crush it up for like, an hour and a half before it starts to look remotely like WL chalk.