STFU Laker Fans!

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
JaX Un wrote:
strungoutboy21 wrote:
JaX Un wrote:
Ct. Rockula wrote:
like you said, they dont give a fuck about you

really? athletes don’t give a fuck about us? we are the ones paying their salaries. We buy tickets, we buy their jerseys, we show our love for them when they are playing like gods and we mourn with them when they are playing like shit.

There is only one thing i hate more then yankee and dodger and raider and bronco fans…that is people who hate sports for no specific reason.

And i am sorry, sucking blood out of necks is not a sport yet, crawl back into your vampire club meeting you pretentious idiot.

From the teams you listed you have to be from San Diego, am i correct? If so, then hell yes!

You are right though. A professional team would not exist without fans.

San Diego born and raised. now in school here. I will probably never leave, it is too perfect.

Nice, where do you go to school at? I just graduated from SDSU.[/quote]

that is awesome man! I am at sdsu right now. 3 more semesters until i am done. Kines major. Do you still train at the ARC?

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
Ct. Rockula wrote:

really? athletes don’t give a fuck about us? we are the ones paying their salaries. We buy tickets, we buy their jerseys, we show our love for them when they are playing like gods and we mourn with them when they are playing like shit.
[/quote]

Yes really, they do not give a fuck about us. Just because they need us, does not mean that they care about us at all. Why should they? Sure we pay their salaries and pay big bucks to watch them, but we ALWAYS will, so their income is guaranteed.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Op, there is nothing quite like a 40 year old fat guy with a five o’clock shadow faintly covering his double chin wearing a white t-shirt stained with mustard and ketchup shouting “WE DID IT!” with a hoagie in one hand and the nachos with the fake cheese in the other. Classic.

It’s people fantasizing about something that they are not and can never become. Why do you think people wear the clothes and the shoes?

It is pitiful really.

This is annoying to me as well. 2 years ago I got tickets to the Rose Bowl and I went to watch my alma mater play and win against Michigan. The seats weren’t great, and I was mixed with USC and Michigan fans. The entire game I saw groups of people talking shit between each other, as if they had more to lose or gain if their respective team win. I sat there and thought, even as a player, we didn’t take it so personally the way the fans did.

I mean, there were times a group of us players went drinking with our rival team during the season and it was harmless fun. Sure we talked shit, but it was more humorous than anything else. The game was over, and we were walking back to my car, and a group of Michigan fans confronted us looking for trouble. Still again, I wondered why people took it so seriously? None of them played, so why the ruffled feathers.

You’d never go to watch a rock concert and at the end say “yeah, i put on a great show.” I agree with the OP, but…

In the long run, meh. People do stupid things all the time. Some people really get into following their favorite team and although it may seem silly to some people, we all do dumb things on occasion. If you don’t like sports fans then don’t pay attention to them. Easy solution to your problem.

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
I disagree with the idea that it’s pretentious for a fan to refer to their team in the first person.

I buy the tickets, I buy the t-shirts, I pump up the TV ratings. I may only be one out of a few million, but the bottom-line is that there wouldn’t be a team if it wasn’t for people like me. So yeah, I’m going to use “we”, “us”, and “our” when talking about my teams, and I don’t mind when fans of other teams do the same thing.

Especially at the college level, when my tax dollars support the school, I attended the school, I live in the area surrounding the school, on top of the tickets, t-shirts, and ratings, etc… You’re damn right I’m a part of the program, albeit a small one.

I do have a huge problem with bandwagon fans, but that’s another issue…[/quote]

What’s wrong with bandwagon fans, they pump up the ratings and revenue of teams that deserve it.

Players do care to some extent about the fans. The ones with enough functioning brain cells. I’m not going to lie and say that all athletes are aware about this (TO). But the fact is the athletes love the interaction and support from thousands of yelling/cheering fans. No one would want to be an athlete without that atmosphere.

In addition, every team’s marketing department makes it a distinct priority to make the fans feel like part of the team. Look at all the stuff about “our team, our town” stuff going on.

However, fans taking wins/losses more personally than the players drives me fucking nuts. You can be sad if your team wins or losses, but don’t fight more than the goddamn players do.

Although, in some cases, the fans fight the players:

old time hockey, oh man.

GO BOLTS!!

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
strungoutboy21 wrote:
JaX Un wrote:
strungoutboy21 wrote:
JaX Un wrote:
Ct. Rockula wrote:

There is only one thing i hate more then yankee and dodger and raider and bronco fans…that is people who hate sports for no specific reason.

And i am sorry, sucking blood out of necks is not a sport yet, crawl back into your vampire club meeting you pretentious idiot.

From the teams you listed you have to be from San Diego, am i correct? If so, then hell yes!

San Diego born and raised. now in school here. I will probably never leave, it is too perfect.

Nice, where do you go to school at? I just graduated from SDSU.

that is awesome man! I am at sdsu right now. 3 more semesters until i am done. Kines major. Do you still train at the ARC?
[/quote]

Yeah, i was a kines major too. I never trained at the ARC, too far for me to drive. The gym looked sweet, but crowded a lot.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
JaX Un wrote:
strungoutboy21 wrote:
JaX Un wrote:
strungoutboy21 wrote:
JaX Un wrote:
Ct. Rockula wrote:

Nice, where do you go to school at? I just graduated from SDSU.

Yeah, i was a kines major too. I never trained at the ARC, too far for me to drive. The gym looked sweet, but crowded a lot.[/quote]

haha, too far to drive, i know what you mean. I was stuck at the shittiest 24hr fitness in the world for 2 years. the second i saw the ARC i canceled my membership and i am glad to drive the 20.3 miles to the gym and the 20.3 miles home from the gym 5-6 days a week. well, congrats on graduating man, good luck.

Yeah, thanks. I actually go to a cool gym called Pure Fitness. Definately better than a 24 hour fitness.

[quote]TDub301 wrote:
Meh, I don’t have a problem with people saying “we”, as long as they’re true fans. A lot of those people were probably nowhere to be found during the period when the Lakers weren’t even making the playoffs. But now all of a sudden they’re winning and these guys jump on the bandwagon like they’ve always been around. That’s what pisses me off the most. But it’s ok to say “we”, the fans are just as important a part of a team as it’s players, coaches, and staff are. Without the fans, the team couldn’t be.[/quote]

I believe the Lakers have missed the playoffs only twice (1994 and 2005) in the past 32 years. Not a ton of opportunity for the bandwagon fans to “disappear.” So, yeah, you know absolutely nothing.

About the Lakers, dick, I live literally on the other side of the country and don’t give a rat’s ass about the Lakers. It was just an example meant to get a point across. You’re probably one of the people the OP was talking about.

[quote]nomorewar wrote:

You didn't win shit!!! The Lakers did. Stop screaming like if you're actually part of the team. WE did it!!!! We did it!!! WTF!!!! (for a fucking a hour,hitting cars,honking) The Lakers don't give a shit about you,they just want your money.  

The only reason to be screaming like that is if you win the lottery or actually accomplishing something yourself.

Congrats Lakers on winning. You guys did it, not your fans!!![/quote]

You fail to understand the true meaning of sports. The whole point is to stimulate economy. Support you local team and give them your money. Laker’s fans won. It was THEIR money that funded the team, paid for wages etc… If it wasn’t for the money they would not exist today.

My regional area is better than YOUR regional area! sucker!