Stevie Ray Vaughan

anybody else a fan out there?

The guy’s been my favorite for a long time now.

I’ve never seen anyone make playing the guitar look so effortless.

he’s a person who makes the guitar speak to you lol

This is the movie I’m going to see at the Nashville film festival tonight, so, yes, I’m a fan.

Rock Prophecies

Green Hills Cinema - Theater 15

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2009 9:30 PM

Moments before his death, Stevie Ray Vaughn talked to Robert M. Knight, legendary rock photographer, one last time. ‘If anything ever happens to me,’ he said, ‘you’ll know me when you hear me.’ In the wake of tragedy, Knight would remember those haunting words, as they fueled his unyielding passion to find the next great guitarist.

Smart, hip, and funny, Rock Prophecies is a backstage pass into the eccentric world of rock 'n roll from the vantage point of an obsessive photographer. Barely 18, Robert M. Knight stalked, captured and befriended Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin well before they become iconic. Years later, he snapped the controversial last photograph of Stevie Ray Vaughan. During photo assignments, mysteries about the creative process are explored as Knight revisits his life long guitar heroes. In the end, Knight finds and mentors a new guitar prodigy, Tyler Bryan, that unravels the meaning behind his final and foreshadowing

Doubleduce that sounds like fun.

I think SRV is the only person who can make a 5 minute song of just a guitar and you can follow and enjoy every second. lol

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:

anybody else a fan out there?

[/quote]

If you mean to ask “does anyone like good music?” then yes, Stevie’s awesome.

I heard he could actually make a guitar have an orgasm

I’ve been a serious fan for years. My only regret was that I got into his music only after he passed away. He was great.

Big fan

This is a clip of Johnny Lang who did play on stage with SRV at the age of 16.

I love his voice

Summer of third grade the old rock 101.5 here in Houston held an essay writing contest. My dad put his bid in. Out of 1,000’s of contestants, his essay was chosen as the best. His prize was two first class tickets and an all expense paid 3-day weekend to Anaheim California, with the crown jewel of the trip being a blues fest where Stevie Ray was the headliner, and that’s with the likes of B.B. King, Buddy Guy, etc… My dad talked the radio station to turning those two first class tickets into three coach tickets so he could take me as well as my mom. They obliged.

I was only 9 years old then, so I didn’t appreciate it as much as I should’ve, but I remember everything with great fondness. I also remember my dad got to go backstage and meet with the musicians. He said SVR had a “grip like a vice”. Not quite three months after that show Stevie Ray died in that helicopter crash. My dad and I were never close, but one of my favorite memories was being in the living room the day he got the winning letter. He stopped in the hall as he was reading, jumped as high as he could, punched the ceiling and yelled “yahoo”! It was a really cool moment for me.

In a weird twist, my girlfriends dad quit a band while he was in college in which he was replaced by none other than Stevie Ray Vaughaun. That band was the precursor to the Cobras, which begat Double Trouble.

It’s safe to say I’m a fan.

He is amazing.

he is one ugly motherfucker but he can play guitar like nobody’s business. he plays with more feeling than just about any other guitarist of that genre

for some reason I’m in the mood to watch Major League

Growing up in Austin its practically required to be an SRV fan. Any given Saturday you can find a SRV cover band playing somewhere in town. I never got to see SRV play live but I have seen his brother and old band play a few times.

I was at ACL Fest a couple years back Buddy Guy was on stage, and damn that guy can put on a show. Anyways, during the show Buddy Guy would tell stories about SRV in between songs. It was a good time.

Huge Fan.

I dig his stuff. I don’t listen to a whole lot of blues, but I can definitely recognize his talent. His rendition of Little Wing is one of my favorite songs.

His cover of Voodoo Child is awesome.

If you don’t like SRV then FU!

I stopped playing the guitar when I went to college. Music had changed and I just wasn’t into it anymore.
A couple of years later I was up late one night because I couldn’t sleep and my girlfriend (now wife) was away. I was alittle drunk and flipped to a special on SRV. It was him playing Texas Flood live. My jaw dropped and just hung open. I remember thinking “That’s what a guitar supposed to sound like.” I couldn’t stop playing after that. One my favorites to play on the accoustic is still “Life by the Drop.”

…and Little Wing is amazing.