Steven Tyler

Is it just me or is Steven starting to look like Michael Jackson?

[quote]nuwayv wrote:
Is it just me or is Steven starting to look like Michael Jackson?[/quote]

I think he’s ill. He just cancelled a string of shows in CA.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
nuwayv wrote:
Is it just me or is Steven starting to look like Michael Jackson?

I think he’s ill. He just cancelled a string of shows in CA.[/quote]

Saw this lil blurb today online. Some sort of “mystery” illness.

LOS ANGELES (AP) ? Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler will have surgery this week for an undisclosed medical condition, forcing the band to cancel the remaining dates of its North American tour.

The band’s publicist, Marcee Rondan, said Tuesday that Tyler was “doing fine” but declined to elaborate on his condition.

“Despite Aerosmith’s desire to keep the tour going as long as possible, Tyler’s doctors advised him not to continue performing to give his voice time to recover,” Rondan said in a statement.

Tyler, who turns 58 on Sunday, can’t perform for an extended period of time, Rondan said, adding the band is on hiatus.

Aerosmith cancelled recent concerts in Manchester, N.H., Pensacola, Fla., and Lexington, Ky., because of illness, though the tour press director did not disclose who was sick or the nature of the illness.

Rumor is he has throat cancer.

[quote]nuwayv wrote:
Is it just me or is Steven starting to look like Michael Jackson?[/quote]

There’s no need to insult the man like that.

Steven is great and I wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully that’s just a bad pic.

He’s been sounding horrible recently. If he has throat cancer, then it’s probably all over for Aerosmith. Hope he recovers his health, regardless of if he tours again or not.

I was talking to a member of the club I work at the other day who saw Aerosmith when they came through Portland recently. He said it was a great concert, they sounded awesome, etc. Compared to the days of the “toxic twins” they’ve really come around. I, too, wish Steven and Aerosmith the best.

[quote]spartanpower wrote:
He’s been sounding horrible recently. If he has throat cancer, then it’s probably all over for Aerosmith. Hope he recovers his health, regardless of if he tours again or not.[/quote]

No offense, but wasn’t it over for Aerosmith when they got old? :slight_smile: I mean, during the 90’s all they did was come out with love ballads and no rock. I abolutely LOVED them back in the day day…Toys in the attic…Rocks…Great stuff…but they just haven’t seemed to have aged well and haven’t rocked in a while. Don’t get me wrong, I wish Steve the best…But I could do without another album from them.