Steve Wong's 881lbs Bench

I haven’t seen anyone link to this vid, so I thought I would.

The lift actually looked easy…

• POC

here comes another 900lb bencher

I want a 70" ribcage…

good stuff, WABDL allows only single-ply polys.

Steve is among the top two or three guys in the world. Wabdl allows only single ply gear and Steve has been drug tested many times. I see Steve two or three times a year, he is a great guy.

George

Gorilla Strength.

His ROM is like 10"…It’s still amazing, but just sayin.

[quote]Skrussian wrote:
His ROM is like 10"…It’s still amazing, but just sayin.[/quote]

You dug up a months old thread to state the obvious?

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Skrussian wrote:
His ROM is like 10"…It’s still amazing, but just sayin.

You dug up a months old thread to state the obvious?[/quote]

Baaaaahahahahaha

Tiny attempted 900+ in the WABDL too right?

His elbow didn’t even reach 90 degrees. I wonder how much he could bench if he had no shirt and a full ROM, more like 500lbs.

P.s, not asking for an argument, just giving my thought.

[quote]superscience wrote:
His elbow didn’t even reach 90 degrees. I wonder how much he could bench if he had no shirt and a full ROM, more like 500lbs.

P.s, not asking for an argument, just giving my thought.[/quote]

I wonder how fast a Top Fuel funny car would go if the driver ACTUALLY HAD TO TURN THE STEERING WHEEL. The point is, he’s lifting the most he can, using all the leeway the rules give.

[quote]BSchroeder wrote:
superscience wrote:

P.s, not asking for an argument, just giving my thought.

I wonder how fast a Top Fuel funny car would go if the driver ACTUALLY HAD TO TURN THE STEERING WHEEL. The point is, he’s lifting the most he can, using all the leeway the rules give.

I agree, he looked like he lowered the bar all of about 9". Don’t get me wrong that’s still a lot of weight to go even that far. I guess everything has value and is deserving of respect. But it has to be put into perspective.
[/quote]

Even better…I wonder how fast olympic level sprinters could run if they were BAREFOOT!!! Oh and we could have them run in MUD too, while wearing CHAINMAIL!!!

It IS in perspective. And noone is taking it out of perspective except for those trying to negate it.

If you look at most top level athletes, they posses relatively similar body structures that are suited for the individual sport. A big fat belly and short arms is great for benching.

All things being equal, a raw bench of 700 is greater than a single ply of 700 is greater than a double ply of 700. Noone is arguing with that, but it is an effort in futility to try to consider all the different factors.

This is why there are different federations with different rules.

-Matt

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
And while that is deserving of respect it has to be kept with in the context of their sport.

[/quote]

Oh my god you’re shitting me??? What do you even mean by that???

If you mean he’s a better bencher than some guy in the NFL, then yeah duh. No-one’s trying to imply it makes him a better athlete.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
And while that is deserving of respect it has to be kept with in the context of their sport.

Oh my god you’re shitting me??? What do you even mean by that???

If you mean he’s a better bencher than some guy in the NFL, then yeah duh. No-one’s trying to imply it makes him a better athlete.
[/quote]

LOL. Some people are clueless.