T Nation

Steve Jobs Resigns

(Reuters) - Silicon Valley legend Steve Jobs on Wednesday resigned as chief executive of Apple Inc in a stunning move at the technology giant he co-founded in a garage.

The 55-year-old Apple co-founder and pancreatic cancer survivor has been on medical leave for an undisclosed condition since January 17.

Apple said Steve Jobs has been elected chairman and Tim Cook has been elected CEO.

Sad, I hope he's not terminal.

Now is the time to buy some shares, if you got the money.

I love the irony of your recommendation, RS. :wink:

Shares are actually up today.

He should resign after that stunt he pulled on the people of South Park.

who gives a fuck...fuck apple

Do people survive pancreatic cancer?

I have a distinct feeling "undisclosed condition" = more pancreatic cancer

Despite the speculation, the fact that he's resigning probably means his overall prognosis is poor.

Anyway, there are different types of pancreatic cancer. The most common is pancreatic adenocarcinoma - he doesn't have this. (Patrick Swazye did). He was first diagnosed in 2003ish...he would not be alive right now if it was pancreatic adenocarcinoma. He has a different type, an islet cell tumor, of which there can be different types. The prognosis is more individual...depends on the type of tumor and whether it's malignant. Give his frequent leaves of absence, it's probable he has had frequent recurrences and has metastatic disease, which means his overall prognosis is poor.

I just saw his stanford speech the other day and i'm really saddened by this news.

Time to buy some puts and make some money on the crashing stocks that will come tomorrow.

Man,I miss Patrick Swayze.

More like Steve Betweenjobs AMIRITE?

I don't think so. My uncle passed away within 6 weeks of being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Very brutal.

Modern day Da Vinci.

Agreed. I really hope that he is ok whatever the case may be. The man is more influential than 90%+ people know.

Best wishes to Jobs and his family.

Aftermarket is what you should be looking at.

This is what I fear as well.

From a business point of view, I believe he chose for this to happen, much like everything else he created. Discussions on his health must have been spoken at the board level many times over. For those of you who remember Apple from the Mac (the cheesy rainbow logo) and before would probably know the company went through a lot with and without Steve and he pretty much resurrected them. I have a lot of admiration and respect for Steve even though only very recently am I using Apple products. I imagine that he placed his business before his health. Even through this decision.

PS - Engerland props on the Del-boy avi! Nice!

Great clip.