Steroids Year Round/Bridging

Hey everyone

A bit about myself:

I am 22, 5’9" and weigh at 187lb at 10% bodyfat. I have been lifting since I was 15, however started training seriousely and dieting correctly since 17. This is the first year I started AAS and prohormones. I started with a cycle of epistane this year and have two short cycles of AAS under my belt (4 weeks each) and currently on a 10 weeks cycle of deca/test/dbol (will be posting pics after I am done with the cycle). I have obsession with bodybuilding however I never want my life to be all about bodybuilding. (Even though I say that it has already become like that).

I really enjoyed AAS, I mean it has gave me alot more confidence, love the feeling, and I wouldnt mind competing as an amateur bodybuilder at somepoint. I really have obsession with the looks of bodybuilders of the 60s and 70s and IMO they had the best physiques and although todays bodybuilders are really impressive , i really want to look like the old-school bodybuilders.

Sorry for this retarded question but how can this be achieved? I have heard that those bodybuilders were always “on” year round however the doses used by them were not really high, thus alot of them are still living into their 60s and 70s. what cycle advice would you be able to give me for achieving such physique and is it a bad idea never to come off? Health for me is still a big concern and I don’t want to look at my best until 50 and then keep visiting the hospital every 2 weeks after that.

Seeing as I ‘stay on’ year round (been on two years now) I feel I can at least offer you some advice/share some experiences with you.

Firstly, for optimum health and in order to reach your physique potential DIET and TRAINING need to be damn near perfected. Read the following statement out-loud five times and never forget it: YOU CAN’T OUT TRAIN A BAD DIET, AND NO AMOUNT OF STEROIDS WILL MAKE UP FOR A SHITTY DIET AND HALF ASSED TRAINING.

If I said to you most old time or even current time BB’ers cycled on and off I’d be lying because I simply don’t know nor do I care, but if I had to bet money on it I’d say they stayed on, that being said it doesn’t make it prudent for you to do so at this stage.

If you can gain well from your short cycles and recover keeping those gains then keep doing what you are doing. Learn everything you can about diet, nutrition and training, stay disciplined and cycle on and off as long as you are making progress.

start reading in the HRT forum and learn everything you can so at least you can make an informed decision when the time comes.

Good luck

[quote]buddaboy wrote:
Seeing as I ‘stay on’ year round (been on two years now) I feel I can at least offer you some advice/share some experiences with you.

Firstly, for optimum health and in order to reach your physique potential DIET and TRAINING need to be damn near perfected. Read the following statement out-loud five times and never forget it: YOU CAN’T OUT TRAIN A BAD DIET, AND NO AMOUNT OF STEROIDS WILL MAKE UP FOR A SHITTY DIET AND HALF ASSED TRAINING.

If I said to you most old time or even current time BB’ers cycled on and off I’d be lying because I simply don’t know nor do I care, but if I had to bet money on it I’d say they stayed on, that being said it doesn’t make it prudent for you to do so at this stage.

If you can gain well from your short cycles and recover keeping those gains then keep doing what you are doing. Learn everything you can about diet, nutrition and training, stay disciplined and cycle on and off as long as you are making progress.

start reading in the HRT forum and learn everything you can so at least you can make an informed decision when the time comes.

Good luck[/quote]

Thx man! Sound advice. I am not planning to go year round with steroids any time soon anyway. I will be doing as you said, cycle until at some point i don’t make anymore gains anymore. Also as for diet for thwe past 5 years my diet was mostly spot on! Never missed a meal, counted calories , protein carbs and fat. Made sure I got enough sleep etc. Also about two years ago I was drinking alcohol a few times a week. Now that is decreased to a few times a year, and evemn then I don’t go overboard.

as for my training, I never had a half assed workout, the reason for that is I have a really aggressive personality, and so many people piss me off at a regular basis and I always tend to put those anger into my training.

Since u had the experience of staying on year round, may I ask a few questions?(ofcourse there are many questions so not expecting to get an answer for all, but it would be really helpful to me)

1- How old are you and how long have you been lifting for? and stats?
2- What is the main reason you decided to start staying on year round?
3- now when u say you stay on year round, do you always do high dose or do you like cycle and then bridge with a TRT dose?
4- Have you done any blood work recently? if so how were the results?

Thanks alot. Once again sound advice and very helpful and informative information.

I tend to think that unless you have a hormonal issue or are competing at a top level then staying on should be avoided.

Obviously if you have low natural test, you may be on HRT, either self medicated or prescribed. In this case I would cruise and blast. Blast with a traditional cycle. Then instead of pct bridge with a “cruise” of TRT levels of test…100-250mg…

If you are competing at a top level I know some guys who stay around 500mg test year round, and then triple the dose before a meet. These are powerlifters, I am not sure how bodybuilders do it. Many powerlifters also just cruise and blast.

You are 22, if you have good natural test, don’t fuck it up.

[quote]buddaboy wrote:
YOU CAN’T OUT TRAIN A BAD DIET, AND NO AMOUNT OF STEROIDS WILL MAKE UP FOR A SHITTY DIET AND HALF ASSED TRAINING. [/quote]

x2!!

So to summarize start year round bridging/blasting and cruising only when it becomes necessary/prudent to do so and not before. I am of the understanding that HRT and blasting/cruising can be healthy but matters are more complicated, you’d have a hard time convincing me that a lifetime natural BBer isn’t healthier than someone who has been blasting and cruising for 20 years.

I take simple measures like monitoring my blood pressure (well I get someone to do it for me) and making sure I do regular CV etc, but I should visit the doc for blood-work some time soon to play safe, luckily I have knowledgeable people who I can consult/pester for advice as and when I need it!

In short: don’t take drastic measures like making a lifetime commitment to HRT when you are still progressing, if its not broke don’t fix it. Yet, at least LOL.

Yep. I will say I have yet to lose any gains made from a blast. So cruise and blast is great for that, which is why the top level guys are always on.

But the only reason I am doing this, or on anything at all for that matter started with health concerns. I couldn’t compete drug free when self medicating anyway, so I just started cruising and blasting.

I don’t really get blood work done often either, but I should. My first bloodwork since I went on will be in a few weeks.

I am just going to get test levels checked (I am cruising right now, but will probably lower the dose before the test anyway just so things don’t look suspicious), E2, and then all my general bloodwork.

May get all my thyroid hormones checked as well, and since I have read some about UGL contaminants will probably see if they can check for heavy metals.

What is your cruising dose? 200mg per week?

I have cruised as low as 100-mg/PW up to 300mg/PW

I’m willing to bet most of us spend more time blasting than cruising LOL

1 Like

I am trying 150 right now. Lower than normal but I feel fine.

Normal is 250 for me. I had some shit I think was underdosed. I didn’t feel normal with less than 400 from it, so that is where I kept it. I feel better on the 150 right now than I did on 400 from that shit.

200-250 a week is usually a good cruise dose, although you can use 100-250 (any TRT dose)

I know some that cruise at 300

Yep… haha

When you know you won’t recover anyway, it doesn’t fucking matter too much. I blast more than I should.

I ended a blast about 2.5 weeks ago. I will go back on in about 10 days to get ready for another meet.

Do you guys change the type of gear you are on for your blasts, or do you just use your favorites all the time?

Usually test only is used for a cruise. I recently talked with a powerlifter who was going to cruise on 100mg test and some EQ… and awhile back a guy on here told me in a PM (also a powerlifter) he was going to try something similar. The idea was keep collagen synthesis high, to prevent injuries.

Most just cruise with a TRT dose of test.

I still pop an abomb or some dbol from time to time before a big squat workout or something. Other than that, I cruise with test only.

I cruise with Test only, but seem to get less side effects from multi ester steroids, like T400, Sust or Omnadron. I get more side effects from 200mg pharm grade Enan than 400mg home brew T400-work that one out!

Maybe the T400 is under dosed?

Unless you are making it and 100% sure of your measurements and 100% sure of the purity of the powder.

Very interesting responses. Thanks buddaboy and Bigskwatta! You are well respected memebers of this forum and I can always rely on you guys for some good responses.

[quote]BigSkwatta wrote:
Maybe the T400 is under dosed?

Unless you are making it and 100% sure of your measurements and 100% sure of the purity of the powder.

[/quote]

Actually that wouldn’t make sense if your getting pharmaceutical sus or omnadren… should be the same…

Thats weird. I am going to try it. haha

[quote]buddaboy wrote:
I’m willing to bet most of us spend more time blasting than cruising LOL[/quote]

bahahaha. I followed the blast/cruise guidelines to a T the first 3 times, since then the blasts get longer and the cruises get shorter haha. Slippery slope!

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

[quote]buddaboy wrote:
I’m willing to bet most of us spend more time blasting than cruising LOL[/quote]

bahahaha. I followed the blast/cruise guidelines to a T the first 3 times, since then the blasts get longer and the cruises get shorter haha. Slippery slope![/quote]

Way, are you off at any point or just blast & crusin these days?