Steroids: Why or Why Not?

[quote]ElevenMag wrote: but also observe the first law of physics, for every action there is a equal and opposite reaction, then you can realize the pitfalls and negatives of AAS.

[/quote]

As a physicist I’d like to ask you to shut up.

Also it’s Newton’s 3rd Law, which is to do with forces acting on objects, not bullshit.

Dunno where to get them in this little corner of the world.

why not: ‘most’ people ‘could’ reach their physique goals without them.
why: Increased potential

[quote]ElevenMag wrote:
In most cases, once you are on the juice, you will never get off it. Lets face it, these are progressively physically and psychologically addictive substances. Its as if your entering a drug den, once you are in there again, in most cases, you’ll never really escape their lure and appeal. As you observed it is a extremely easy way to obtain size and bulk, but also observe the first law of physics, for every action there is a equal and opposite reaction, then you can realize the pitfalls and negatives of AAS.

Being unnatural, your testicles, within time, will shrivel up and perhaps later they will die from progression of use and you’ll be forced to use synthetics for the rest of your life. My uncle has observed this repeatedly over the past few decades. The addictive aspects of super pharmacological amounts of hormones should frighten you. Steroids can age your organs tremendously, along with causing possible kidney failure or liver toxicity. And those are only the known effects. As any pharmacist will tell you, for every known effect of a drug there are two that are unknown.

My uncle has seen all the negatives or steroid use you wouldn’t believe and I’ve seen some as well but it seems as though everyone is content to sell out for minimum/maximum gains and a short lived bodybuilding career. But you might just win a $50 plastic trophy! In steroids their is no discipline. I’ve observed people who trained very minimally and yet obtain a terrific physique from their ingestion! Of course, people combine them with discipline in eating and working out and turn out incredibly freaky physiques! I’m not saying they don’t. Once you abstain from use, you will atrophy and shrink like a prune. So this is the physical and mental aspect of AAS use without elaborating to much. You don’t have to be ignorant to know they are just not healthy. Some people, especially the young ones like your friend, seem to care little.

The other way in the natural way. Your body when built the natural way can and will maintain a terrific physique and for the rest of your life. Its not going to be easy but hard work is what separates the real men from the boys. Anything you earn in life is so monumentally rewarding is almost euphoric. Don’t ruin your physique, your health, and that feeling of accomplishment by taking the easier path.[/quote]

AS one pro bodybuilder said(forget his name) If steroids are so dangerous, where are all the dead bodies? you talk about steroids aging your organs. Thats all conjecture not based on facts. What about all the old time bodybuilders from the 70s, arnold, dave draper, lou ferigno, franco columbo, sergio oliva…etc… They most assuredly did alot of steroids-they are all alive and well from what i’ve read.

And what is natural. Is it natural to take highly advanced protein powders? Being natural is highly subjective. Are you natural if you have ever taken an asprin for a headache? or antibiotics for an illness?

No since I want to compete in natty powerlifting and natty bb. Simple answer really. For those who have no interest in competing natty, I can see that the positives probably outweigh the negatives if you know what your doing, but it’s simply not for me and I don’t think my stance is likely to change. (and for the luls, I decided against using Jack3d because the PL fed I want to compete in uses the WADA banned list which includes 1-3d… so my stance is pretty certain)

Besides, I can always use dat horny goat weed. Trolol.

I’m interested in steroids for rehab purposes, i. e. not to increase muscle gain or to ensure muscle retention on a severe fat loss diet, but to accelerate connective tissue regeneration and collagen cross-linking integrity. That’s not supposed to mean I’m bashing anyone who’s using for pure performance perks.

There are some interesting studies in this regard (and I’m not talking about that broscience cyclic redundant stuff put out by that ‘DatBTrue’ guy), most of all on the AAS Oxandrolone. Also, I’m talking therapeutic doses, non-stacking.

Also, let’s not forget why steroids were invented in the first place: as medical drugs. To help people. I don’t think burn victims or children suffering from stunted growth get addicted to steroids.

Is there any scientific fact linking steroid use to a physical addiction? I’ve always been under the assumption the addiction is rooted in psychologic reasons alone (as a tangent to some kind of body dysmorphia) and not in physiologic ones as with nicotin, alcohol or cocaine.

The whole reason I exercise is because I want to be healthy.Over time this focus has moved towards strength,
but the main reason I exercise is to be healthy. I’m also 21 years old and my hormones n’ shit work well.

if you wanna do ELITE exercises you have to take steroids because they make your arms big and allow you to go under 10% bf wich is impossible natty.

also steroids make your balls small so you can do shrugs/lock deadlifts without pain.

the only “why not” for me is not having them discretely available…

If I knew where to cop I would in a hurry

[quote]hanban wrote:
if you wanna do ELITE exercises you have to take steroids because they make your arms big and allow you to go under 10% bf wich is impossible natty.

also steroids make your balls small so you can do shrugs/lock deadlifts without pain.
[/quote]

I usually just lurk and refrain from posting, but this really gave me some lulz. Thank you

also, I dont wanna recieve a vial with some other fucking drug in it like hand sanitizer or heroine

[quote]ElevenMag wrote:
In most cases, once you are on the juice, you will never get off it. Lets face it, these are progressively physically and psychologically addictive substances. Its as if your entering a drug den, once you are in there again, in most cases, you’ll never really escape their lure and appeal. As you observed it is a extremely easy way to obtain size and bulk, but also observe the first law of physics, for every action there is a equal and opposite reaction, then you can realize the pitfalls and negatives of AAS.

Being unnatural, your testicles, within time, will shrivel up and perhaps later they will die from progression of use and you’ll be forced to use synthetics for the rest of your life. My uncle has observed this repeatedly over the past few decades. The addictive aspects of super pharmacological amounts of hormones should frighten you. Steroids can age your organs tremendously, along with causing possible kidney failure or liver toxicity. And those are only the known effects. As any pharmacist will tell you, for every known effect of a drug there are two that are unknown.

My uncle has seen all the negatives or steroid use you wouldn’t believe and I’ve seen some as well but it seems as though everyone is content to sell out for minimum/maximum gains and a short lived bodybuilding career. But you might just win a $50 plastic trophy! In steroids their is no discipline. I’ve observed people who trained very minimally and yet obtain a terrific physique from their ingestion! Of course, people combine them with discipline in eating and working out and turn out incredibly freaky physiques! I’m not saying they don’t. Once you abstain from use, you will atrophy and shrink like a prune. So this is the physical and mental aspect of AAS use without elaborating to much. You don’t have to be ignorant to know they are just not healthy. Some people, especially the young ones like your friend, seem to care little.

The other way in the natural way. Your body when built the natural way can and will maintain a terrific physique and for the rest of your life. Its not going to be easy but hard work is what separates the real men from the boys. Anything you earn in life is so monumentally rewarding is almost euphoric. Don’t ruin your physique, your health, and that feeling of accomplishment by taking the easier path.[/quote]

“your testicles will die”

OMFG IM CRYING

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Terrified of needles. Otherwise I would consider it.

Someone I knew injected badly and had an abcess the size of a tennis ball that had to be cut out of his shoulder. He was a bit silly though.

If you take them or not, I don’t care. I hate ‘holier-than-thou’ people who think they’re ‘purer’ for taking drugs or not

When it comes down to it, all goals are personal

BRB, popcorn

The fact that it is illegal is an actual concern for me, because of my chosen career path. As well as the health risks.

However, my main reason for not taking steroids is because I don’t want any “help”. I would hate to look in the mirror and see the work I have put in, and think to myself “I wouldn’t have this if it weren’t for that bottle of hormones”. For me part of the thrill of lifting weights and getting strong is the sense of independence it gives me, and being dependent on a chemical substance for the size and strength I’m getting at the rate I’m getting it just wouldn’t seem right.

Yes I realize that steroids users/proponents don’t see it this way, that they believe anabolic steroids are just another tool like food or creatine or knee wraps. I simply don’t believe that, on a personal level. I also realize that my mind may change one day.

I think the decision really comes down to your individual goals. If you truly feel you have the genetics to go “all the way” and make a living at this (which would be evident well before you ever consider taking PEDs), then I can understand the choice. I’ve discussed this at length with Desmond Miller, we used to train at the same gym, and he was a former top Natty competitor before taking the leap. If you want to just be that ‘huge dude’, then I honestly believe it is possible without assistance, but it depends on how hard you’re willing to work.

**I’ve seen an equal number of “juiced” guys who still look like crap as natty guys who would make most people question their drug status. **

This is why it must be understood that using or not using doesn’t a top physique make! I’ve worked with several NPC competitors, and while some do tend to rely on their drug programs to produce gains and conditioning, others understand that the same attention to training and diet must be adhered to if you want to maximize your results.

Obviously the legality issue factors in, and I’m certain that if they were OTC, a lot more people would be jumping on the wagon. Still, there’s definitely a negative stigma attached to ‘drug’ use, and for those of us who work in the public sector (I’m a city school teacher), I get the rumors and drug use comments all the time anyway, and I only weight about 205-210 at 5’8… no way I’m convincing people it’s just creatine bloat if I were to jump up to 225 lbs -lol.

In my own experience, while I do enjoy seeing my XL t-shirts stretch at the arms and back when I’m off season, there are times when I prefer to not stand out. Most of my non-gym friends have absolutely no interest in my bodybuilding, and let me tell you, when you’re out in public with non-gym people and trying to lead a normal life, the arm wrestling, how mucha bench, and how big are your guns jokes can get tired pretty quickly.

Just MY thoughts. I have lots of friends who use, and lots of friends who don’t. Two different games, both requiring dedication, effort, and commitment, and both worthy of respect.

S

I’ve always had it pretty easy in life and have never really had to work hard. The gym is the only place where I’ve ever had to push myself to get anywhere; the only place where I’m self made. Taking a “quicker and easier” way (you know what I mean) would feel wrong.

And since most people are so misinformed about how big and strong you can get naturally I wan’t to be able to say that I’ve never used and I got this big. When I am somewhat big of course.

I have nothing against guys who use, it makes more sense than not using. But it’s not for me. At least not yet.

And I’m pretty acne-prone already, don’t want to make it even worse.

roids aren’t the Devil,choice to use or not it’s yours,I don’t demonize juciers as they have still to work hard to achieve results,but iF you choose to be natty ,pls, DON’T USE THE ROIDS THINGS TO JUSTIFY YOUR SMALL PROGRESS.

natties or juicers,BUST YOUR ASS INTO THE IRON GAME.

just my views.

PS; a very good friend of mine had the father ill so doctors prescribed him roids,he has been training for 15 ys,very good body and strong like hell, he was very undecided to start the cycle,we spoke togheter of this thing,all pros (many) and cons (few),also others friends of us that are doctors/biologist plaied a role,at the end of the day he decided to not take them but NOT because of healthy risks (very low if you have a doctors staff on your back LOL) ,just for a philosophcally/intellectual choice.

wait so roids are completely safe
go all out on the first cycle rite ?? moar is betta amirite ?
I been taking dem protein shakes nd aspirin I guess I lost my natty status itz all drugs after all

Since I blasted that idiot earlier (looking back at his post, he is probably a troll with too much time on his hands because theres really no way anybody is that stupid) I suppose I can offer my thoughts…

I have so far chosen not to take steroids becuase I don’t think I’m at my natural peak yet. I personally want to hit an elite poewrlifting total in the fed with the most stringent requirements for that (100% RAW, which is drug tested, requires parallel squats, dose not allow any supportive gear, and yet still has a higher qualifying total for my weight class than othe feds) without gear. But once I hit it, or once my progress stalls, I will almost certainly take the plunge.

[quote]ElevenMag wrote:

WOW, It seems you believe everything anyone has ever told you about AAS usage, Hence the general public. Try and do a bit of research before posting again on the subject of steroid use please. Shhhh… Don’t tell anyone I said this but “The Easter Bunny does not exist”