T Nation

Steroids & Time Before Drug Test

Hey guys. i have been researching alot on steroids and havr gained a lot of knowledge cos of you guys, but the one important bit of info that never seems to around is … how long steroids stay in your system… ie whens it safe to piss clear…i play rugby and wanted to know which would be good in terms of a 4 month window

Don’t you know how to use Google? This is what I came up with
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-246129.html

can anyone explain how test undeconate gets out so fast is it not one of the longest acting test available?

jesus i feel like a spa … cheers mate…i halso hear deca stores in the fat cells and is hard to clear . is there any way of speeding that up

[quote]bigbad wrote:
can anyone explain how test undeconate gets out so fast is it not one of the longest acting test available?[/quote]

Quite the opposite - it has one of the shortest half lives. From Meso-Rx:

"Testosterone undecanoate is not a c-17 alpha alkylated hormone. Therefore, it is considered a safer oral form of testosterone. Additionally, it is absorbed through the small intestine into the lymphatic system, posing less burden on the liver. Brand names for testosterone undecanoate include “Andriol,” “Androxon,” “Understor,” “Restandol,” and “Restinsol.” It is not available in the United States.

One disadvantage of orally administered undecanoate is that it is eliminated from the body very quickly, usually in 3-4 hours. Thus, frequent administration is necessary-- usually between 3-6 capsules a day. This can prove to be quite expensive when compared to injectable testosterone."

Edit: I gather that undecanoate is also usable as an injectable. With this form of administration, half life is allegedly 34 days. This makes it impractical for most users, because of the extreme length of time required for clearance.