T Nation

Steroids in the Army?

Wats up fellas,
SO, just curious because I have heard a number of mixed things in regards to this; I have been in the ARMY 3 years now, and was talking with a fellow soldier/workout partner about juicing. There are 1 or 2 guys in the unit that we’re almost certain are on the stuff or at least were at one time or another.

Either way, after asking around for a good year or so, the general consensus seems to be that even though they tell you they test for it, that the ARMY isnt willing to spend the money neccesary to test EVERY soldier monthly for “juice” being that its just too costly. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? Thanks

I just got out 3 months ago and was on for most of my last year and alot of my friends were on much longer than me while they were in and I know I was piss tested twice while on and was clean each time. 9/10 times there not going to test for Gear as it is more expensive and there much more concerned with the other drugs the Army is having problems with right now ( cocaine, weed, spice, and pain killers). But if you give them a reason to test you for it (getting big is not a reason) they can if they choose.

I wouldn’t worry about it unless you give them a reason to suspect it

FWIW - on deployment its ‘overlooked’, but in barracks it isn’t. Well, in Oz, from what I’ve seen/heard/experienced.

I used for years while I was in, they will not test for it unless as previously stated you give them a reason to go after you. A piece of advice though learn how to contain infection and drain an abscess yourself. You dont want to roll into medical with an infected ass check.

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
You dont want to roll into medical with an infected ass check. [/quote]

yet another reason to use insulin pins/deltoids lol

there was a good thread about this a while ago, but my experience if you are not caught with gear they really dont care. We had officers and joes alike talk openly about using and they were never tested.

Thanks fellas,I really appreciate it. I just want as much info as possible before taking the plunge ans risking a dishonorable

You should be okay… I know some people in the military that have been on gear for years. They tell me it’s like when you get a job of any sort and they ask you to sign a drug test form but won’t actually ever test you

Don’t get me wrong, we get piss tested all the time. But the tests are for alcohol (mostly), pot and/or speed.

Im a pilot though, so we get picked on a little more than most.

Don’t be a dick head and you’ll have no dramas. People that I know that have been caught, were dickheads about it.

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
Don’t get me wrong, we get piss tested all the time. But the tests are for alcohol (mostly), pot and/or speed.

Im a pilot though, so we get picked on a little more than most.

Don’t be a dick head and you’ll have no dramas. People that I know that have been caught, were dickheads about it. [/quote]

Cool thanks man. I mean we had an E-5 that was 40 yrs old, and just crazy big…they had to order him new acu’s every few months…but he kept a low profile and was set…he esentially said to me that they dont really test for the stuff…

[quote]dnice617 wrote:

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
Don’t get me wrong, we get piss tested all the time. But the tests are for alcohol (mostly), pot and/or speed.

Im a pilot though, so we get picked on a little more than most.

Don’t be a dick head and you’ll have no dramas. People that I know that have been caught, were dickheads about it. [/quote]

Cool thanks man. I mean we had an E-5 that was 40 yrs old, and just crazy big…they had to order him new acu’s every few months…but he kept a low profile and was set…he esentially said to me that they dont really test for the stuff…[/quote]

Stick to moderate dosages of test.

Even in the event of disaster, they’ll never spring for the blood tests needed to detect this and the results will be ambiguous.

Don’t do this if you are a barracks rat. KEEP IT OFF BASE. (Or have a budy who is a medic hold the pins for you — the MPs will have no clue what the medic is supposed to have in the event of a random inspection.)

I disagree with deployment use — Afganistan is fucking dirty and their are weird fucking diseases there. Just wait till you get home.

Yes no deployment use for injects in Iraq or Afghanistan. If you remember from your TCCC briefing or training, Iraq sand tested at 67% infected with fecal matter and Afghanistan at around 80%. Even if you never leave the FOB your surrounded by foreign pathogens that want to kill you. Don’t do anything that lowers your immune systems ability to fight or anything that lessons your bodies ability to clot blood.

Ruffian, good catch, I should have covered deployment use when I posted earlier.

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
Yes no deployment use for injects in Iraq or Afghanistan. If you remember from your TCCC briefing or training, Iraq sand tested at 67% infected with fecal matter and Afghanistan at around 80%. Even if you never leave the FOB your surrounded by foreign pathogens that want to kill you. Don’t do anything that lowers your immune systems ability to fight or anything that lessons your bodies ability to clot blood.

Ruffian, good catch, I should have covered deployment use when I posted earlier. [/quote]

Thanks fellas, this has all been very useful. And I never intended on cycling while in trashghanistan for that very reason lol.

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
Yes no deployment use for injects in Iraq or Afghanistan. If you remember from your TCCC briefing or training, Iraq sand tested at 67% infected with fecal matter and Afghanistan at around 80%. Even if you never leave the FOB your surrounded by foreign pathogens that want to kill you. Don’t do anything that lowers your immune systems ability to fight or anything that lessons your bodies ability to clot blood.

Ruffian, good catch, I should have covered deployment use when I posted earlier. [/quote]

Good catch, yourself. Didn’t even think about clotting. Fuck, I’d have died.

[quote]dnice617 wrote:

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
Yes no deployment use for injects in Iraq or Afghanistan. If you remember from your TCCC briefing or training, Iraq sand tested at 67% infected with fecal matter and Afghanistan at around 80%. Even if you never leave the FOB your surrounded by foreign pathogens that want to kill you. Don’t do anything that lowers your immune systems ability to fight or anything that lessons your bodies ability to clot blood.

Ruffian, good catch, I should have covered deployment use when I posted earlier. [/quote]

Thanks fellas, this has all been very useful. And I never intended on cycling while in trashghanistan for that very reason lol. [/quote]

Guys in my old unit tell me that Africa (Mali, Sudan) is next, at least for the SF community.

Apparently, there are diseases there that they haven’t fucking named.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]dnice617 wrote:

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
Yes no deployment use for injects in Iraq or Afghanistan. If you remember from your TCCC briefing or training, Iraq sand tested at 67% infected with fecal matter and Afghanistan at around 80%. Even if you never leave the FOB your surrounded by foreign pathogens that want to kill you. Don’t do anything that lowers your immune systems ability to fight or anything that lessons your bodies ability to clot blood.

Ruffian, good catch, I should have covered deployment use when I posted earlier. [/quote]

Thanks fellas, this has all been very useful. And I never intended on cycling while in trashghanistan for that very reason lol. [/quote]

Guys in my old unit tell me that Africa (Mali, Sudan) is next, at least for the SF community.

Apparently, there are diseases there that they haven’t fucking named.[/quote]
Oh for sure. We’ve had a base in Dijubuti (I think thats how its spelled) since the late eighties. That place is a fuckin volcano waiting to explode at any given time…year round genocide, u name it

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]dnice617 wrote:

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
Yes no deployment use for injects in Iraq or Afghanistan. If you remember from your TCCC briefing or training, Iraq sand tested at 67% infected with fecal matter and Afghanistan at around 80%. Even if you never leave the FOB your surrounded by foreign pathogens that want to kill you. Don’t do anything that lowers your immune systems ability to fight or anything that lessons your bodies ability to clot blood.

Ruffian, good catch, I should have covered deployment use when I posted earlier. [/quote]

Thanks fellas, this has all been very useful. And I never intended on cycling while in trashghanistan for that very reason lol. [/quote]

Guys in my old unit tell me that Africa (Mali, Sudan) is next, at least for the SF community.

Apparently, there are diseases there that they haven’t fucking named.[/quote]

I have been/operated in Africa several times and that whole place is a fucking shit hole. I worked in Libya during the civil war in 2011 and that wasn’t bad compared to the times I was in the Congo, Sudan and Sierra Leone. In the Congo I got Trachoma which is a severe eye infection, basically you eye gets the clap and then drips into your other eye giving it the clap. It sucked balls. In Sudan i had maggots in my skin growing because the Tumba fly likes to lay eggs on the warm sweaty regions of your body. I had to them cut/squeezed out by other team mates under our backs and waistlines. Last but not least some peace of shit in Sierra Leone got fucking blood all over me and now I carry a dormant form of the Tuberculosis virus, forever. Not to mention malaria is part of day to day life and just about everybody has Aids.

Lesson don’t go to Africa. If you do go, put three smoking holes in anything or anyone you don’t approve of, before their close enough to contaminate you!

Im sure there is nice parts of Africa but no one has ever paid me to go to the good parts.

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]dnice617 wrote:

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
Yes no deployment use for injects in Iraq or Afghanistan. If you remember from your TCCC briefing or training, Iraq sand tested at 67% infected with fecal matter and Afghanistan at around 80%. Even if you never leave the FOB your surrounded by foreign pathogens that want to kill you. Don’t do anything that lowers your immune systems ability to fight or anything that lessons your bodies ability to clot blood.

Ruffian, good catch, I should have covered deployment use when I posted earlier. [/quote]

Thanks fellas, this has all been very useful. And I never intended on cycling while in trashghanistan for that very reason lol. [/quote]

Guys in my old unit tell me that Africa (Mali, Sudan) is next, at least for the SF community.

Apparently, there are diseases there that they haven’t fucking named.[/quote]

I have been/operated in Africa several times and that whole place is a fucking shit hole. I worked in Libya during the civil war in 2011 and that wasn’t bad compared to the times I was in the Congo, Sudan and Sierra Leone. In the Congo I got Trachoma which is a severe eye infection, basically you eye gets the clap and then drips into your other eye giving it the clap. It sucked balls. In Sudan i had maggots in my skin growing because the Tumba fly likes to lay eggs on the warm sweaty regions of your body. I had to them cut/squeezed out by other team mates under our backs and waistlines. Last but not least some peace of shit in Sierra Leone got fucking blood all over me and now I carry a dormant form of the Tuberculosis virus, forever. Not to mention malaria is part of day to day life and just about everybody has Aids.

Lesson don’t go to Africa. If you do go, put three smoking holes in anything or anyone you don’t approve of, before their close enough to contaminate you!

Im sure there is nice parts of Africa but no one has ever paid me to go to the good parts. [/quote]

Fuck that!

exactly!