Steroids For The Old Guys?

First thing i remember doing was getting my hands on a good steroid bible and reading everything I could on the subject (bearing in mind that some authors ARE bias) before seeking out a source…and the legitimacy of the source then more or less fell to luck.

Plenty of sites on the web but again, all depends on trial and error. I have never taken much in the way of steroids; not in comparison to most, but there again, i’m more than satisfied with small - moderate gains due to my training regime which is based primarily on bodyweight training, ie. hand-stand press-ups and the like. each to their own.

Anyway, hope this has helped…can’t say too much on site but if you wish to PM me for additional info then please do so.

[quote]effinggoof wrote:
Inspired by the Atomic Dog thread where TC took Test in order to attempt to heal aches and pains, I wanted to put this idea out there.

I am currently 35, and training is catching up with me, recovery times are long, injuries linger and body fat is becoming more stubborn. I doubt I am alone out there.

Would Test (or other steroid) injections be worth considering so that I can keep training and recovering like I am 21?

I would really like to hear from the experts on here about this aspect of steroid use.[/quote]

With age there is typically no mystery that T is going down and E going up. I suggest that you get some blood work done and know what’s going on. I think that at some point, most guys would do well on an AI to reduce fat, reduce SHBG, improve free T, reduce E competitive pressures on androgen receptors (T:E ratio). Arimidex/anastrozole at 1mg/wk might improve things quite a bit. Cheap from a RC site.

Prostate problems come with age, with decreasing serum T&DHT and increasing E. Estrogen is a major cause of prostate problems.

So here we are again talking about TRT related issues. We did have a very good focus group on the over 35 forum here, but that was merged into the body building forum. The participants have mostly left this site, critical mass was lost. I think that the TRT guys learned a lot form the steriod guys and visa-versa.