Steroids For The Old Guys?

Inspired by the Atomic Dog thread where TC took Test in order to attempt to heal aches and pains, I wanted to put this idea out there.

I am currently 35, and training is catching up with me, recovery times are long, injuries linger and bodyfat is becoming more stubborn. I doubt I am alone out there.

Would Test (or other steroid) injections be worth considering so that I can keep training and recovering like I am 21?

I would really like to hear from the experts on here about this aspect of steroid use.

First of all 35 isn’t all that old! Many professional athletes are 35+!

AAS may be more benifit to us older guys (37 here) than the younger guys.

We really have nothing to lose. If you are done having kids, the worse that can happen is that you end up on HRT. Which may actually be a plus (lol)

Mid 40’s here and didn’t touch a steroid until I was over 40. Yes to your inquiry, they help with recovery, fat management, muscle gain, sex life and generally Test makes me feel better over all. The downside is prostate issues, cardiac health, and the illegal nature of procuring steroids and recovery from theere or cycling off. Just make sure you get a physical, eat healthy and monitor your health. I can’t imagine a life with out test and other goodies. Good luck…

Hi there. well you thought you were old. I’ve just turned 51 years old and training like a 21 year old. trained since I was 17 and still going strong. Started using steroids since the age of about 29 but never used anything too toxic on the liver.

I’m not a big guy but I am carrying a bit of muscle, probably due to the fact that i have (for the most part) only used Primobolan which dosn’t really make you all that big. Primobolan isn’t the best for strength or size but is sure is safer than most…at least i can testify to that.

i have tried Deca-Durabolin on various occasions and depending on what i was after during that period. It is relatively safe to use and is renowned for easing joint pain…again, I can testify to that.

I would probably recommend the Deca but have you considered your training regime…are you training too much or too intensely and are you giving yourself enough recovery time between workouts.

This,I believe is a factor that a lot of trainees choose to ignore. Anyway…enough said, if you are set on taking steroids, then why not try the deca. Hope this is of help.

Research raising enndogenous test by using a SERM. No shutdown of HPTA. Exogenous test brings a host of complicating issues by suppressing HPTA. If it is succesful then one may want to use an AI to control aromatization.

[quote]MichaelOH wrote:
Research raising enndogenous test by using a SERM. No shutdown of HPTA. Exogenous test brings a host of complicating issues by suppressing HPTA. If it is succesful then one may want to use an AI to control aromatization.[/quote]

Unfortunately this doesn’t really work. It’s also a class of drugs not ever intended for males to use, test for life would be a better bet IMO.

[quote]MichaelOH wrote:
Research raising enndogenous test by using a SERM. No shutdown of HPTA. Exogenous test brings a host of complicating issues by suppressing HPTA. If it is succesful then one may want to use an AI to control aromatization.[/quote]

Using a female breast cancer drug to boost test levels would be a temporary benefit at most.

Test is king. Especially when you are older. Not Deca. Not Primo. Not any 19-nor. Test. That’s all you need.

well that entirely depends on the side effects…no?

[quote]Diana Bolann wrote:
MichaelOH wrote:
Research raising enndogenous test by using a SERM. No shutdown of HPTA. Exogenous test brings a host of complicating issues by suppressing HPTA. If it is succesful then one may want to use an AI to control aromatization.

Unfortunately this doesn’t really work. It’s also a class of drugs not ever intended for males to use, test for life would be a better bet IMO.[/quote]

Agreed. I tried Clomiphene (on my lab rats ;^) for a cycle and the only thing they noticed was blurry vision.

If you’re not ready for real gear I would suggest Albuterol. It’s a Beta Agonist/Thyroid Stimulator that also has anabolic properties. Basically, it enhances lipolysis, revs your metabolism to burn the released fat and also helps with protein accretion.

Not a bad combo and the sides are almost nonexistent (i.e. caffeine buzz). Its’ half life is very short as well so you can sleep well if you time your doses right.

Best deal by far is from ChemOne Research:

http://www.chemoneresearch.com/

Best price, fast delivery and my rats just love the taste. Seems to be working too.

Damn! Rocky Rat just busted out again.
Gotta go.

[quote]athlifit wrote:
well that entirely depends on the side effects…no?[/quote]

Not in my opinion.

Thanks for the replies.

I am following the thread closely.

So one question I have for the other old guys out there…when you are using to fight old age, do you do a conventional cycle, or is there an “old guy” cycle.

[quote]effinggoof wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

I am following the thread closely.

So one question I have for the other old guys out there…when you are using to fight old age, do you do a conventional cycle, or is there an “old guy” cycle. [/quote]

I’m going to be 55 next month and I use 100mg cyp 2xwk=200mg/wk. I was on Andogel for about 1 1/2 yrs 7.5mg ed. Switched to injections in Dec 06 because of sweating and showering to soon after application. I find shots more stable. Also 2IU gh ed for last 3 mo. No great shakes with the gh.

Also arimidex 1mg/mo. Armour Thyroid 45mg ed.

t levels last b/w were 1000. Free t was just over upper end of range.

The only problem I have is not eating enough food. I have to force myself to eat and that effects my workouts. 3 shakes a day, some fruit, and chicken for supper.

After 21yrs with wife, sex is mainly with myself. She’s not complaining.

Lastly, I plan on remaining with hrt for good. I don’t feel 55 or look 55 and play racquet ball for a couple of hours with younger guys. Lift 3 times a week. More food would help with that.

That’s all I can think of. Hope it helps.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
MichaelOH wrote:

Using a female breast cancer drug to boost test levels would be a temporary benefit at most.

Test is king. Especially when you are older. Not Deca. Not Primo. Not any 19-nor. Test. That’s all you need. [/quote]
Someone write this on a sheet of granite

Still keenly following the thread.

It’s also all over the MMA message boards that Royce Gracie has tested positive for nandrolone and his last fight decision is being reversed.

On the one hand, it’s a serious scandal in the MMA world.

On the other hand, Royce is 40 and has never looked more jacked.

It sure makes me think about what I have been thinking about.

Hmmm I never looked at it like fighting old age,but I guess that’s what it is! At 46 y.o my current cycle is
750mg Test e/week-20 weeks
600mg Tren e/week-20 weeks
600mg Eq/week-20 weeks
100mg Winnie/day-week 1-6 and 15-20
70mg turinabol/ day weeks 1-6
Adex .5 mg day
Dostinex .5mg e4d
Glucophage 1700 mg/day
DNP 250 mg/day week 10 and 20

All physical tests are taken at least twice during i.e. psa,bp,liver function,etc. I did a similar cycle last year with no ill effects.Having said all of this and reading p-22’s latest post and what RJ had to offer I am feeling like a bit of an asshole now.

I feel llike this will be my last big cycle and then I will probably go the route of 5oomg Test and a couple i.u,s of GH daily.Any thoughts from other “old guys” or young!

37, imo go for it mate, something like 12 weeks of enan@250 pw to start

Wow jbdd, I?m glad you run blood tests to see everything?s ok. You use what for me would be massive amounts, and using Tren for 20 weeks at 600mg/week is not a beginners cycle! Some DNP as well?

If you suffer no ill effects why do you write ?Having said all of this and reading p-22’s latest post and what RJ had to offer I am feeling like a bit of an asshole now??

?I feel llike this will be my last big cycle and then I will probably go the route of 5oomg Test and a couple i.u,s of GH daily.Any thoughts from other “old guys” or young!?

My opinion is that?d be mighty fine combined with an AI for almost all users, but wouldn?t it be too light for your considering your past doses?

No it is most certinaly not a beginners cyle.I did run tren e last year at 500mg per wk for 16 weeks with test e at 600mg and some turinabol.
While this is by far my most ambitious cycle to date I wonder if I have fallen for the more is better mentality, hence my comments about feeling like a bit of an asshole!

I feel like this is my last big cycle as at 46 I am carrying @ 275# and would be more comfortable at a much leaner 235-240 so the test and gh would for maintanance and well being purposes!

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Diana Bolann wrote:
MichaelOH wrote:

Unfortunately this doesn’t really work. It’s also a class of drugs not ever intended for males to use, test for life would be a better bet IMO.

Agreed. I tried Clomiphene (on my lab rats ;^) for a cycle and the only thing they noticed was blurry vision.

If you’re not ready for real gear I would suggest Albuterol. It’s a Beta Agonist/Thyroid Stimulator that also has anabolic properties. Basically, it enhances lipolysis, revs your metabolism to burn the released fat and also helps with protein accretion.

Not a bad combo and the sides are almost nonexistent (i.e. caffeine buzz). Its’ half life is very short as well so you can sleep well if you time your doses right.

Best deal by far is from ChemOne Research:

http://www.chemoneresearch.com/

Best price, fast delivery and my rats just love the taste. Seems to be working too.

Damn! Rocky Rat just busted out again.
Gotta go.

[/quote]

I have personally done a “clomophene” only cycle and it did indeed raise my T levels quite a bit.

After a few weeks however, my T began to decrease from the peak value it attained (while on Clomid) and my estrodiol went up.

Added arimidex to the mix (an AI) and that totally did the trick. Sky high test levels (well, as far as the typical Test natural “scale” goes).

I agree though with RainJack: Test is still king over any other anabolic. I just want to put in my experience to support the SERM + AI usage.

[quote]athlifit wrote:
Hi there. well you thought you were old. I’ve just turned 51 years old and training like a 21 year old. trained since I was 17 and still going strong. Started using steroids since the age of about 29 but never used anything too toxic on the liver.

I’m not a big guy but I am carrying a bit of muscle, probably due to the fact that i have (for the most part) only used Primobolan which dosn’t really make you all that big. Primobolan isn’t the best for strength or size but is sure is safer than most…at least i can testify to that.

i have tried Deca-Durabolin on various occasions and depending on what i was after during that period. It is relatively safe to use and is renowned for easing joint pain…again, I can testify to that.

I would probably recommend the Deca but have you considered your training regime…are you training too much or too intensely and are you giving yourself enough recovery time between workouts.

This,I believe is a factor that a lot of trainees choose to ignore. Anyway…enough said, if you are set on taking steroids, then why not try the deca. Hope this is of help.[/quote]

I am 48 years old. I have never done steroids. I would like to. I am currently on a 200 mg Test every other week HRT, but I would like to try a real cycle of Test, Deca, and Primobolin. My draw back is as a teacher and football coach, I really can’t go out and seek out a connection, and in my small town, I would really be nervous about ordering through the mail. Sometimes I wonder how the hell you guys get hooked up. You make it seem so easy to get gear, and I am envious of your knowledge and experiences that you share here. I enjoy learning from all of the contributors on the steroid thread.

Someday I would like to read how you guys got started on “gear”, how you got hooked up and such. I know that you really can’t say much about it for legal reasons, and to protect your sources, but it would be of real interest to a person like myself who is trying to educate himself, and who would like to someday take the plunge.