Steroids Documentary: Bigger, Stronger, Faster

I just stumbled across this and wonder if anyone has heard much about it?

http://www.biggerstrongerfastermovie.com/

• Dhuge

looks very interesting… what were those drugs called again? and what are they for?

:wink:

I am sure it wont be a pro steroid film though… but a anti steroid, anti government knee jerk reaction against steroids film…

I want to go see it. You right Joe it kinda sounds like a anti-everything movie. Bush misplacing money and stuff. Oh man that squat spill gave me shivers down my spine

I would have to agree.

I seems from the preview that it plays on fear a bit.

valentino’s a loser who injected cynthol into his muscles! I wanna go see that movie tho, i hope its not full of misleading info and propaganda tho…

I think I read about this in Muscular Development, I may be thinking of another movie but I don’t think it’s against or for it. Don’t quote me but from what I read, and this may be another movie, it’s about two brothers and ones career in bodybuilding ups and downs.

the movie is not anti-steroid/anti govt. It just takes a look at steroid use in America. I’ve seen other interviews about the guy making it and it sits right in the middle, not pro, not anti. Should be a good film.

The word on most boards is that our favorite gear writer… Mr. Anthony Roberts :wink: pushed really hard to get this one out.

It might be a “middle ground” look at steroids, but they seem to always have to include the fringe people like Valentino, and then (at least the way the preview edit made it seem) there’s always a belittling of the accomplishments or work ethic of those who do use the drugs.

They give steroids that aura of magic; as if simply taking them can make up for everything else. Because, you know, I don’t think Arnold got his work ethic or charisma from steroids…and I’m sure it was steroids that gave Hulk Hogan his 6’4 frame, his handlebar mustache, and wrestling-ring persona.

Uhm…these documentaries and opinion pieces never seem to dispel that part of the steroid myth, and in fact it seems that they perpetuate it.

For any Bit Torrent geeks out there,its available for download on "pirate bay "

Did anyone notice they had Proline energy drinks in the video rollin’ down the production line, insinuating mass commercial steroid production?

Yeah, along with the few times they mentioned steroids they showed HGH instead of steroids.

This movie is by Jackass’ brother. He has a thread in the Performance Photos forum. Mark Bell.

You could always just PM him (GuyNo) or JimMcD. They have a gym, Super Training in Sacramento.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

This movie is by Jackass’ brother. He has a thread in the Performance Photos forum. Mark Bell.

You could always just PM him (GuyNo) or JimMcD. They have a gym, Super Training in Sacramento.[/quote]

What would we ask them about? Maybe why they got Chairman Bernanke to look stupid when asked about a question concerning detail that he couldn’t possibly know and probably shouldn’t be wasting his time worrying about?

That’s why documentaries like this are, for the most part, garbage.

screw valentino, too many people think of him when they think of steroids. then say oh he manned up and admitted. um ya that he used but not that he pumped gallons of synthol in his arms!!! and if hooker has anything to do with it, it cannot be worth a damn

[quote]Game_over wrote:
screw valentino, too many people think of him when they think of steroids. then say oh he manned up and admitted. um ya that he used but not that he pumped gallons of synthol in his arms!!! and if hooker has anything to do with it, it cannot be worth a damn[/quote]

I was tempted to agree with you until I remembered (thanks October Girl) that it was Mark Bell’s brother who was behind the movie from the start. Mark Bell is a stand-up guy, as well as a very strong PLer, and has admitted to using steroids…to his brother. From the little that I understand, his bro looks up to him and seems ok with his AAS use.

So now I have to check it out because it’s Mark Bell’s bro’s idea.

Looks interesting and I didn’t “feel” any bias from the trailer. I’m looking forward to watching it.

I read a while back the Valentino claims to have not used synthol but spot injected Test P into his arms/shoulders whatever the lump of mass his arm was called. I hope this movie remains neutral. It seems like it is, by showing the two sides of the issue; the pro steroid and anti steroid camps.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

You could always just PM him (GuyNo) or JimMcD. They have a gym, Super Training in Sacramento.

What would we ask them about? Maybe why they got Chairman Bernanke to look stupid when asked about a question concerning detail that he couldn’t possibly know and probably shouldn’t be wasting his time worrying about?

That’s why documentaries like this are, for the most part, garbage.[/quote]

I don’t know what video you watched, but Bernanke wasn’t in it. He was talking to Rep. Henry Waxman, head of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform (the one holding hearings for steroid use in professional sports).

[quote]theOUTLAW wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

That’s why documentaries like this are, for the most part, garbage.

I don’t know what video you watched, but Bernanke wasn’t in it. He was talking to Rep. Henry Waxman, head of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform (the one holding hearings for steroid use in professional sports).

[/quote]

My bad. Still, would he necessarily know that or need to?

And also the way they made Arnold look bad when he was talking about “playing within the rules…you can achieve anything…” What rules were in place for bodybuilding? What rules of sport did Arnold break? Again, they mince words to support a case that steroids make the man, rather than just make the man even better.